Seattle

karessamom

Thinking of Princess Alaska out of seattle in Aug 2010--Need hotel advise (Inexpensive) and ground transporation from airport to hotel--hotel to cruise terminal (Pier 91) and finally from cruise terminal back to airport after cruise. I've heard some hotels may have packages?? unfamiliar with Seattle --Thanks. Did talk to someone with Best Western hotel but they weren't sure of any packages yet for 2010. looked at pricing for marriot and am thinking too much?? thanks

Guest Indigogarden
Thinking of Princess Alaska out of seattle in Aug 2010--Need hotel advise (Inexpensive) and ground transporation from airport to hotel--hotel to cruise terminal (Pier 91) and finally from cruise terminal back to airport after cruise. I've heard some hotels may have packages?? unfamiliar with Seattle --Thanks. Did talk to someone with Best Western hotel but they weren't sure of any packages yet for 2010. looked at pricing for marriot and am thinking too much?? thanks

Hi--Depending on where you decide to stay for a hotel you have some choices in transportation. Newest choice is a light rail train from the airport to downtown-$2.50 one way. BUT, you have to walk about a quarter mile to get to the train station from the terminal. Verify where your hotel is in relation to the train stops. There are Airporter buses which run to and from downtown hotels to the airport -- very nice buses and you can check with the hotel to see if they are on the route. Not sure what the cost is. There are cabs as well, however their costs go up if you get stuck in traffic--which can happen.

Getting to Pier 91 is a cab only proposition unless a hotel offers a shuttle. I haven't heard of that, but you can ask. Good Luck!

Guest Indigogarden

One other thing--Summer is high season for Seattle and I don't know of any inexpensive hotels in downtown Seattle. There is a hostel near the Pike Place Market--but I've never actually visited it. I know some local people have bid on Priceline and gotten good deals this winter, but again, that's the off season for Seattle's hotel industry.

One other thing--Summer is high season for Seattle and I don't know of any inexpensive hotels in downtown Seattle. There is a hostel near the Pike Place Market--but I've never actually visited it. I know some local people have bid on Priceline and gotten good deals this winter, but again, that's the off season for Seattle's hotel industry.

Let me clarify inexpensive--the first hotels I was looking at were running at about $300-$400 per night! Then I looked at Best Western and even Holiday Inn and found in the $100-$200 range--that was alot more acceptable. Actually I'm looking now at Crown Plaza at about $209.

Let me clarify inexpensive--the first hotels I was looking at were running at about $300-$400 per night! Then I looked at Best Western and even Holiday Inn and found in the $100-$200 range--that was alot more acceptable. Actually I'm looking now at Crown Plaza at about $209.

I just went on hotwire.com and they have 4* hotel for $129 pike place market 3 1/2 for 119 great prices its worth it Ive used hotwire many times

all of last summer Hotwire bids ended up with the Westin or Sheraton for about $100. Here is a link that will answer a lot of questions. Within the article there is a link for hotel with transportation options. Any hotel in downtown is a short cab from pier. For airport hotels there are several shuttle services that charge about $12-15 pp. Your hotel no doubt has one. Also from Raddison you can take cruise express from baggage claim but they charge $25 pp so a limo or towncar is actually cheaper and they don't meter. Any other specific questions you can also ask on tripadvisor.com seattle forum.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c50949/Seattle:Washington:Cruises.From.Seattle.html

Guest Indigogarden

Trip Advisor is accurate as far as it goes. The Light Rail to the airport just started in December and is a nice option at $2.50 pp from airport to downtown. Also, the pier location makes a difference having cruised from both. Pier 66 is 'close' to a lot of hotels in Seattle---Pier 91 is not considered 'downtown' but rather the working waterfront. Check with your hotel about options to Pier 91. The Westin and Sheraton are downtown--the Westin is closer to Pier 66--but neither are close to Pier 91. Sorry to go on and on--Pier 91 was poorly located compared to Pier 66 in that there is no option but a taxi for most people to access their cruise ship. It is in an industrial area although the views to the south and west across Elliot Bay are nice! Good Luck!

Guest Indigogarden
Pier 91 is less than 3 miles from downtown and about one mile from the Space Needle. To say that the Westin isn't close totally gives the wrong impression. Pier 91 is still way better than Term 30

The Westin is not located at the Space Needle......Be informed wherever you choose to stay.:)

Archived