Dream cruise in progress. :)

justjen321

Hi Justen321, Enjoying your review very much. We will be sailing the Dream on 1/23/10 (16 da) We have a inside spa cabin (11238) Yes I am concerned with the noise too but I realize I will just have to wait and see. For what ever reason there seems to be several cabins still open and not sure why. But I do have a question about the temps. on the ship when it is cool and overcast at sea. Does the ship seem more chillier on those days. I realize the cabin thermostate can be adjusted but I am referring to the public areas. I am from Fla. and do not like cold ( right now the weather even in Fla. is fridgid 30 and 40 lows and highs in the 50s it will be getting even colder this coming week end. I have heard before that CCL does not have a heating system so if it gets cold outside at sea it is cold inside. I am asking because if the ship temps are chilly when its cool and overcast weather at sea I will pack accordingly. Hope you can help. Have a great cruise.

Joya

I found some ear plugs at Walmart that works wonderful! They are soft and form to your ear and you can lay on them and it's not uncomfortable. I travel for a living as a tour coordinator and I have found myself in hotel rooms with kids above me jumping and hopping from bed to bed and not been able to sleep. I now keep those ear plugs in my bag and they have come in very handy. They might help in the noisy spa rooms!!! They also work great if your room mate snores!!!!!:cool:

Ear plugs are found in the pharmacy with ear drops etc. Haven't needed them for ship noice, but the way my DH snores they have kept us married for 30 years, and if any one is in the cabin next to ours, better bring them along.

"Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much for the info!!! I have been wondering about the spa situation. I think I am going to have to budget a little something for that visit. Did you hear anyone talking about the cove balconys? I will be in 2256. Looks great from what I'm hearing so far."

Sorry, nothing to report on the cove balconies, not having spoken to anyone staying in one. :(

"Hi Justen321, Enjoying your review very much. We will be sailing the Dream on 1/23/10 (16 da) We have a inside spa cabin (11238) Yes I am concerned with the noise too but I realize I will just have to wait and see. For what ever reason there seems to be several cabins still open and not sure why. But I do have a question about the temps. on the ship when it is cool and overcast at sea. Does the ship seem more chillier on those days. I realize the cabin thermostate can be adjusted but I am referring to the public areas. I am from Fla. and do not like cold ( right now the weather even in Fla. is fridgid 30 and 40 lows and highs in the 50s it will be getting even colder this coming week end. I have heard before that CCL does not have a heating system so if it gets cold outside at sea it is cold inside. I am asking because if the ship temps are chilly when its cool and overcast weather at sea I will pack accordingly. Hope you can help. Have a great cruise.

Joya "

It's a hard one for me to answer. The beginning of our cruise the weather was unusually cold, and we did need pants and sweatshirts. Once we hit Nassau, it was much warmer and we were able to do shorts and t-shirts. However, I FROZE in the Scarlett Dining Room EVERY night. Just an FYI. I only had a sporty sweatshirt, and had to throw that on over my dressier clothes. :)

Embarkation was easy breezy. We hung out and just waited for them to say 'Everyone OFF! ' We were off the ship and standing outside by about 10am. Sadly, Florida was still in a deep freeze, and we stepped off the ship to rain, and 34 degrees. :( Yuck.

All in all, my perceptions were positive of this cruise, ship, and crew. My highest points were our dining room waiter staff (Elbert and Michael) and the spa. The kids loved it, my mother loved it, and it was a successful cruise. (They all are, right?)

The biggest downside was the loud banging in the cabin. As I've said, for us, it wasn't a huge deal, but I could imagine it being disturbing to some.

As a side note, I think they've either changed the coffee they use or Dream has something different. It's the very first time I've NOT liked the coffee on the Lido.

Archived