Should we cancel???

ChaylaT

My family of 7 are booked in 3 balcony cabins (Vista Deck) on the Dream for July.

My only concern for you would be the location of your cabins as Vista is under the Lido Deck. Are you at the front of the ship with cabins on the deck above you? If not, check and see what's above you - you might be under a galley with kitchen noises (carts, dishes etc) or near the pool area where you will hear the sound of chairs being dragged around late at night and early in the morning.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/deckplan.aspx

If it was me, I'd definitely take the negative reviews with a grain of salt.

Definitely double check the location of your cabin, and if there are any questions about the area where it is, call your TA or Carnival and see if you can change it.

We absolutely LOVED sailing on Carnival Freedom back in October, and would definitely sail on her again!

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing!

Good example of someone who doesn't know what they speak. The Dream doesn't have any balcony's overlooking the promenade because it doesn't have one. All balcony's are outside facing the sea. Now we are on the Dream 2/13/10 and I will post a honest and impartial review when we return.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Carnival Dream does have balconies overlooking the promenade, because on the Dream, promenade is outside, not inside. You need to look more closely at the pictures that are posted. Deck 5 is Promenade Deck. EM

We will go. We had read neg reviews of the Splendor and had a great time. We make fun so I shouldn't be worried. We are on the Vista Deck but have cabins above us. I am concerned about privacy issues with the darn promenade sticking out. Anyone had cabins 9235 & 9231? Thanks for all the notes!!!;)

I just got off of the Dream this morning and, while it was not my favorite cruise ever, it was a good time. On a ship as new as this, I went in expecting a few problems. I did smell the sewer gas several times, but it was usually brief and not very strong. I did find the crew good, but still settling into the new ship. But I only had contact with one out right rude crew member. The "Fun Guy" that hosts the Comedy Club is in the wrong job. He was rude beyond anything I have every experienced on any cruise before. He even told the audience that he was not in Customer Service; he was telling the truth, not joking! That said the Comedy Club stand up guys were great and well worth the problems generated by scheduling conflicts and putting up with the "Fun Guy" (NOT!). There is crowding on the ship at time. Unlike every other cruise we have ever gone on, I never did find a place that was good for just sitting back and reading a good book in peace and quiet. I personally would not go on such a large ship as this again. But if you like action all the time, The Dream is a dream come true! If you have kids and are traveling in a group, the larger ship does have something for almost everyone. The food was good, our service was very good, and the the facilities are first rate. I felt that I got more than my moneys worth over all. Don't get me wrong. I liked the Dream. I just like mid sized ships like the Spirit class better.

Archived