Should we cancel???

ChaylaT

My family of 7 are booked in 3 balcony cabins (Vista Deck) on the Dream for July. We really loved the Splendor and this will be our 2nd cruise.

However, I am getting really nervous. I keep reading about too many people, bad smells, long lines, and terrible service. This is our one & only vacation this year. Should we cancel and book the Freedom or Oasis? Or do I hope the kinks will be fixed by then? :confused:We have 3 kids traveling with us that are looking forward to the pools & water slides. Ugh, I just don't know what to do!! I don't want to get yelled at by my in-laws if a cruise is horrible since I chose it...:confused:

If you go into it with the mentality that things might go wrong, then you probably won't have as good of a time. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks - just remember that a good amount of the negative reviews you read are from spoiled, entitled people with unrealistic expectations; people who let one thing ruin their entire cruise, etc. Some of them have had real issues, but a lot of them are just mad. Go, and have fun!

There are like 10 threads about the people who posted bad reivews. I dont pay them much attention, people might be expecting perfection on a new ship.

I for sure would never cancel because I read someone else had a bad experience.

Read some of the other threads asking the same thing you asked if you need more reassurance.

Looks like some others typed faster and said the same thing, ignore the bad reviews.

We were on the Dream 12/3 sailing. We had a group of 18 family members. Honestly, I read some of these reviews and just scratch my head. Of course it won't be perfect - no vacation ever is. We experienced nothing but friendly service, good food and near-perfect weather. It was wonderful and relaxing....but then again I didn't sit around thinking about things to complain about. :)

We liked our trip so much that we are booked on the Dream again for October 2010. Have a wonderful trip!

My family of 7 are booked in 3 balcony cabins (Vista Deck) on the Dream for July. We really loved the Splendor and this will be our 2nd cruise.

However, I am getting really nervous. I keep reading about too many people, bad smells, long lines, and terrible service. This is our one & only vacation this year. Should we cancel and book the Freedom or Oasis? Or do I hope the kinks will be fixed by then? :confused:We have 3 kids traveling with us that are looking forward to the pools & water slides. Ugh, I just don't know what to do!! I don't want to get yelled at by my in-laws if a cruise is horrible since I chose it...:confused:

People will always complain. You will have an awesome time on the Dream. If you are really concerned about the crowds, I wouldn't recommend the Freedom. I have been on it (as well as the Liberty - same size ship) and they were both very crowded.

GO - HAVE FUN - & ENJOY YOURSELVES.

When you consider the number of passengers a ship holds (thousands) and the number of bad reviews written you realize that the odds are stacked in your favor.

We all are cruisers, thats why we are here at CC. I am not one to sit down and write a good (or even bad) review. I should and one day I might but I just never have done one yet. And I am sure there are thousands of cruisers like me who have enjoyed a cruise but for some reason or the other have not taken the time to actually write that review.

I feel that for every bad review I read there are hundreds of good reviews out there that has yet to be written.

As I say earlier, GO, HAVE FUN, & ENJOYR YOURSELVES and make up your own mind. If you truly do not have a good time on that particular ship than there will always be another ship you can try on your next vacation.

I'm new to Carnival and going on the Dream in 11 days. I'll write a review when I get back. One thing I noticed is that a lot of the bad reviews are people with just a few posts. That seems strange to me. I have read plenty of good reviews too. I wouldn't cancel.

I'm going to take the other side of the advice. IMO the Dream is simply too big and the issues that people are complaining about are never going to be completely resolved. I personally will not get on anything larger than the Spirit class ships, and have less than no desire to crusie with almost 4000 other people.

Since you are reading about all the negative, have you read anything about the postive. When you think about how many people that will have already sailed on the Carnival Dream by July, the complaints will only total less then 1 percent of the people traveling on that beautiful ship. I don't know why people always want to look for the bad, instead of the good.

You have to remember, it is a new designed ship so they have to get the kinks out. If you went and bought a new designed car, you know that the chances are very high that you will get a recall notice because they have not worked all of the kinks out, same with the ship, except they fix the kinks at sea as they come up.

Don't cancel, just go and have fun.

You have to think of all the people on a ship that size that have NOT posted a negative review... Thousands!

So, if there are 10, 20, 50 negative reviews out of thousands of cruisers, you would have to come to the conclusion that most people have a wonderful time.

There will be lines on any ship and with any cruise line.

Just go and have a great time! Don't let the small stuff spoil a great vacation! :D

Mike

I would hope you will yell back at them!!

By July all the little kinks will be worked out. Go forth and cruise and have fun.

I love it when other people make you responsible for them having a good time.

Roz

I never rely on innaugural cruise or very early cruise reviews of a new ship. Go have fun, I envy you.

My DW & I were on the Bloggers cruise of 12/03. I guess were on another ship than the complainers. Once in a while you would find lines, but we normally ate all 3 meals in the MDR when it was open. Once at the Lido when we embarked, I was in the line for the Mongolian Grill for about 20 minutes only. DW got her food and found a table for us with no problem.

I went to the slides on one sea day and I was the only one there.

Go enjoy yourselves, there is a couple of good reviews on here, read them.:D:D

For some people the whole cruise experience isn't complete unless they can whinge about it afterwards. I read one review recently where the entire cruise was ruined because some of the fruit wasn't ripe :rolleyes:

I've been on 11 cruises and have never had a bad cruise. I go with a good attitude.

I enjoyed the Dream BUT, I would never book the Dream again unless it was free. The crowding is true and the balconies overlooking the promenade is just a poorly thought out design.

For a once a year vacation, at the cost of a cruise, I'd pick another ship.

Whatever your decision, relax and enjy.

Paul

Good example of someone who doesn't know what they speak. The Dream doesn't have any balcony's overlooking the promenade because it doesn't have one. All balcony's are outside facing the sea. Now we are on the Dream 2/13/10 and I will post a honest and impartial review when we return.

We were on the 12/12 cruise, and have rebooked for 11/20/2010. We had a great time, the kids loved it. It was their first non-Disney cruise and they gave it a thumbs up. We had cove balcony cabins and have booked the same again, the coves are perfect, private and close to the water.

I read alot of reviews and I do think that some people just seem to have something negative to say about every cruise- I even remember reading months ago about a complaint that the names on the crew's name tags were to small.

So I think you have to go with the thought that you are going to have a good time and then have a good time!

I have read more than a few very good reviews of the Dream. Some reviews I have read quoted a few negative points, with some positive points as well, making them a bit more balanced. The reviews of the Dream that are totally negative are to me not really worth paying much attention to, as they are written in anger for whatever reason that motivated the reviewer. One of the most recent reviews I have read, was so enjoyable with pictures, that it makes me want to cruise on the Dream. But alas it will have to wait. I have my Freedom cruise to enjoy first! I would stick with the Dream, and as someone else has said, the "new ship" kinks will be worked long before July.:)

Good example of someone who doesn't know what they speak. The Dream doesn't have any balcony's overlooking the promenade because it doesn't have one. All balcony's are outside facing the sea. Now we are on the Dream 2/13/10 and I will post a honest and impartial review when we return.

The balcony's do over look the promenade deck which circles the ship on the outside. When you are on in February check it out.

Man if I believed every bad review that was posted here I would never board another Carnival cruise ship again ever. NOT, I read what people post and then I go on the cruise. I would not let a few negative reviews ruin my upcoming cruise. Go with a postive atttude and have a great time.

My DH and I did not have a fabulous time.. we tried! It was okay.. but our kids LOVED IT! No complaints from them at all! They are 13, 11, 8 and 6. This was my 8th cruise and I wanted to be wowed by the Dream. Go, have a good time! I am hoping some of the kinks will be worked out soon!

I sailed the Dream out of New York in November. Maybe it was because she hadn't been worn in, maybe it was the cold weather out of New York but I just found her to be over-crowded. That being said, in warm weather, the crowds will not be as great a factor since guests will be spread out on the open decks and not bunched into the inside public areas. There were 4300 guests on board my Thanksgiving sailing, 1300 of them kids. In July, expect a whole bunch of kids!

Archived