Any Time Dining

mike23

I did td on Sapphire in Alaska. We advised our waiter the day before that we would be late one evening because of a tour, they advised us to go to anytime to eat that day. We were seated with no problem. Princess shuts the door so if you are 15 minutes late they don't let you in. Traditional is filled up quickly because you get the best of both options.

We have booked Anytime Dining but are wondering if it will be difficult to have our group seated together every evening. Since we will be off doing our own thing during the day, dining together in the evening is key.

We have booked Anytime Dining but are wondering if it will be difficult to have our group seated together every evening. Since we will be off doing our own thing during the day, dining together in the evening is key.

Just make a reservation for the time and number of people . They probably ask for cabin numbers.:cool:

On the Coral there was one group (approx 10 adults) they had a table being held for them every night.

I think you want to make a reservation. Talk to the Maitre 's the first evening.

The confusion about anytime dining always amazes me, no offense to the OP. Anytime dining is like going to a restaurant on land. I took my wife to Red Lobster last night. (Yeah, I'm a big spender.) We didn't have reservations; we walked in, gave our name and waited 15 minutes for a table. Pretty much the same thing happens on board a ship with anytime dining. Yes, you get to pick WHEN you eat (just like with Red Lobster) but you may have to wait a while. (But there's often no wait at all.) If the wait is too long, you can go to another restaurant on board. (Like leaving Red Lobster and going to Applebee's.) If you dislike any wait at all, then, as aforementioned, you can make reservations on board if you like. (Again, just like you can at Red Lobster or Applebee's.)

I'm signed up for AD for my upcoming cruise on Island Princess. We did the similar dining option on Royal Caribbean in November and it worked well for us.

I'm confused by the line I've bolded above. Are there more than one AD dining rooms? So if the wait is too long, I can go to another AD dining room? :confused: Or by "go to another restaurant onboard", do you mean the buffet or speciality restaurant?

Thanks in advance!

I'm signed up for AD for my upcoming cruise on Island Princess. We did the similar dining option on Royal Caribbean in November and it worked well for us.

I'm confused by the line I've bolded above. Are there more than one AD dining rooms? So if the wait is too long, I can go to another AD dining room? :confused: Or by "go to another restaurant onboard", do you mean the buffet or speciality restaurant?

Thanks in advance!

On the big girls, there are three total dining rooms, so two are Anytime dining rooms. The "smaller" Island only has one Anytime dining room and one Traditional dining room. So if you have a wait, the bad news is there's nowhere else to go; the good news is that there's a bar just steps away from the dining room entrance where you can wait with that pre-dinner martini.

On the big girls, there are three total dining rooms, so two are Anytime dining rooms. The "smaller" Island only has one Anytime dining room and one Traditional dining room. So if you have a wait, the bad news is there's nowhere else to go; the good news is that there's a bar just steps away from the dining room entrance where you can wait with that pre-dinner martini.

Thanks so much!

I'm confused by the line I've bolded above. [If the wait is too long, you can go to another restaurant on board.] Are there more than one AD dining rooms? So if the wait is too long, I can go to another AD dining room? :confused: Or by "go to another restaurant onboard", do you mean the buffet or speciality restaurant?

No problem. I meant to point out that many (not all) ships have more than one AD venue, and, as you note, specialty restaurants and the buffet are possibilities as well, not to mention room service. :) Obviously, if you want an elegant dining experience, the buffet and room service won't cut it. I'm not saying otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that there may be other viable dining options if your first choice involves too long of a wait. Enjoy your cruise!

No problem. I meant to point out that many (not all) ships have more than one AD venue, and, as you note, specialty restaurants and the buffet are possibilities as well, not to mention room service. :) Obviously, if you want an elegant dining experience, the buffet and room service won't cut it. I'm not saying otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that there may be other viable dining options if your first choice involves too long of a wait. Enjoy your cruise!

And where there is more than one AD dining room, each maintains there own list of people waiting.

Archived