Vancouver Hotel nearest to Airport?

MHF

In early September, we will arrive about 10 p.m. the night before our cruise, from the East Coast, which means it's 1 a.m. "my time." I'm looking for the hotel with the shortest travel time (cab, walk, shuttle, etc) from the airport. I figure we will be so tired that I'd rather have a short trip to the hotel, sleep in in the morning, and then get downtown by noon for boarding.

Then, we'll depart at 6 a.m. the day following our disembarkation so I'm thinking...shortest travel time to airport again is needed after we do a little Vancouver touring.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Melissa

Hi, there are several hotels close to the airport and most of them provide a free airport shuttle. My favourite is the Hilton in Richmond, very cozy, a little on the pricey side though. There is a Holiday Inn Express, Marriott in Richmond, The Fairmont is beautiful.......stayed there last year when stuck there and it was very nice but very very pricey.......I would not recommend the Executive Inn Express, yuck..........The Abbercorn Inn is okay, the Best Western Richmond Inn is okay........there are many. Query Vancouver Airport Hotels or Richmond, B.C. hotels and check out their shuttles and what time their shuttles start. We had to be at the airport by 4 am once and most didn't start until later than that, ie: 5 am or later, so it's worth checking into. Cabs will run you about $10 plus, we've done that too, it's only a 10 minute ride, all hotels within 10 minutes roughly.

Leah:D

I agree the Fairmont is pricey,, but getting up in the am and just walking straight to your gate is priceless..LOL ,, of course,, thats after a few hours getting through security( just joking,,its not that bad I hope,, ).

Archived