The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

We are a group of 6.

Flying from Europe we feel more comfortable with a shuttle than renting a car.

Looking for shuttle to Port Cañaveral.

Any thoughts on:

TRANSMAX/ GUYTOUR?

Great thread! Thanks :)

progress.gif

Contact Executive vip limo which is a top rated transportation

company to and from Port Canaveral cruise ships.

we are going to take our first cruise from NY to Bahamas next month. Will stop at Port Canaveral and thinking about renting a car and going to Disney during the stop.

but seems like all car rental places in Port Canaveral is closed by the time I return car. Is it possible for us to do a after-hour drop off?

How far away from car rental place to the port? Is it safe to walk from car rental back to port?

Thanks and your input here are deeply appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
we are going to take our first cruise from NY to Bahamas next month. Will stop at Port Canaveral and thinking about renting a car and going to Disney during the stop.

but seems like all car rental places in Port Canaveral is closed by the time I return car. Is it possible for us to do a after-hour drop off?

How far away from car rental place to the port? Is it safe to walk from car rental back to port?

Thanks and your input here are deeply appreciated.

Avis I know has a box. I used it last week. It is several miles to the ship. Call a cab.

Hey everyone!

I know i've seen it in this massive thread but what seafood restaurant would you recommend in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach?

In the midwest we just don't get that great of a selections.

We are mainly crab legs, shrimp, lobster, calamari, and cod type of people. The bigger the better and the sweeter the...oh you understand.:D

Thanks for your assistance

Kristy:)

Try Rustys in the port. They pile it on.

I'm searching for info on car rentals from MCO to Port Canaveral. We are arriving late in the evening and staying at the Marriot right near the airport. We planned to rent a car in the morning to make the drive to the port. Whats the cheapest way to go about this? It appears that Hertz has a rental office on the hotel property so that would probably be easiest, but I'm not certain. Does anyone have any info or can you direct me to a thread where I might find some answers?

Avis, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise, Dollar/Thrifty all have Cape Canaveral offices and will take you to/from the ship.

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral at the end of Febraury. I am researching transportation from the Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach. We don't want to be bothered renting a car and paying for parking during the week we are gone.

Has anyone had any recent experience using Travelynx? I have a quote from Michael at executive lilmousine and would like something to compare to.

Edited by m2you

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral at the end of Febraury. I am researching transportation from the Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach. We don't want to be bothered renting a car and paying for parking during the week we are gone.

Has anyone had any recent experience using Travelynx? I have a quote from Michael at executive lilmousine and would like something to compare to.

Travelynx is a big player here.

For what it is worth, you won't have to park the rental car for a week, you just rent it for part of a day and drop it off....typically no drop off charges in FL

I did not see that. Clay is correct. 2 one way rentals are easy and the cheapest for 2 or more people.

Has anyone had any recent experience using Travelynx?

I used them lat month and would use them again. Very good service. The email me confirming my shuttle was very detailed. Upon arrival, they had left a VM for me that they were waiting at xx gate and to meet them there once I had my luggage.

We're renting a car at MCO and driving to Cocoa Beach for three days before the cruise. From what I am reading here, we can set it up to return the car on Sunday morning before we leave and they will take us to the Port. Sound right?

We may go back to Orlando to see Universal or go to Kennedy so we do need the car for the time we are there.

We are staying at Four Points Sheraton and want to go to Cocoa Beach Pier. Can we walk or should we drive?

What other cool things are in Cocoa Beach? We are swimmers but not into surfing.

We're also looking for a good restaurant or two. Not specifically seafood as DH is allergic to shellfish. Any suggestions? We like anything else, though: Asian, Italian, Latino.

Thanks!

Has anyone used theirfree shuttle service from this hotel to the Cruise Port and return to the Airport.

Just found this thread today and it is a wealth of information.

Thank you all

PS: I too hope Shirley is ok as she seems to have gone quiet.

Looking for shuttle service for 4 people from Melbourne airport to La Quinta on N Atlantic av. Renting a car seems awfull expensive. Any ideas?Thanks in advance for help

Cars are cheap here. Remember we have Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty and Enterprise here in Cape Canaveral. You can just turn the car in and they will take you to the ship. Its a nice drive and you will have a car for dinner or groceries.