The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

We are flying into Orlando Wed. night 5/23 arriving after midnight, where I hope to rent a car, stay in Cocoa Beach area, see Kennedy Space Center and drive down to Miami to sail Carnival Liberty on Sat. 5/26 Mapquest/google maps say 3 hrs 45 min. drive time. Ive seen posters say 5 plus hrs?? trying to figure whether to try the drive fri nite before and stay closer, or wait til Sat. Plus have to figure where to drop rental car and shuttle over to port. So far it seems only drop off is Miami airport. Is that close to port? Anyone else done it this way? Suggestions?? We are going to KSC that Friday and plan on staying til close. Might split the drive and stay in West Palm Beach area, if so, we also need the hotel in Cocoa Beach to allow for a late check out friday or some kind of day use as some of our party dont want to go to Space Center,...Thoughts? Also considering it's Memorial Day Weekend

4 hours will do it.

Not Preston but you can walk to a diner called Zachary's Restaurant. It's right out in front of the Radisson. We have had breakfast there several times before our cruises, it's always good. :)

thank you ! zachary's it is then !!!

Preston !! CONGRATS!!!

WOW......CONGRATULATIONS PRESTON!!!! :D

Now don't go abandoning us after you're married. We need you too much!!!

Thanks but I hope to move to Panama before the end of the year. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag but it is a slice of Heaven. Google Boquete and you will see where to find me.

I don’t read much about the Four Points Sheraton. I stumbled into a great deal from the Sheraton operators using a small amount of existing points ( that would likely go to waste) and a small bit of cash. I’ve stayed in several properties in Cocoa beach (Doubletree, Hilton, Marriott Courtyard, Hampton, Radisson, La Quinta - Will I be disappointed in the Four Points. It is only one night pre cruise?

Thanks all – for all the terrific info I’ve gotten from this thread throughout the years.

M

I don’t read much about the Four Points Sheraton. I stumbled into a great deal from the Sheraton operators using a small amount of existing points ( that would likely go to waste) and a small bit of cash. I’ve stayed in several properties in Cocoa beach (Doubletree, Hilton, Marriott Courtyard, Hampton, Radisson, La Quinta - Will I be disappointed in the Four Points. It is only one night pre cruise?

Thanks all – for all the terrific info I’ve gotten from this thread throughout the years.

M

You will not be disappointed. Grab it.

We stayed at the Four Points before our cruise in 2008 the only problem we had was our air conditioning didn't work for one night and the hotel was booked solid, so our room was pretty warm. They did do right by us though and didn't charge us for the room for that night. It was a nice hotel.

Congratulations Preston! This thread helped me so much when I was planning our cruise in 2008. Now I'm planning one for later this year out of Miami and wish there was a similar thread.

We stayed at the Four Points before our cruise in 2008 the only problem we had was our air conditioning didn't work for one night and the hotel was booked solid, so our room was pretty warm. They did do right by us though and didn't charge us for the room for that night. It was a nice hotel.

Congratulations Preston! This thread helped me so much when I was planning our cruise in 2008. Now I'm planning one for later this year out of Miami and wish there was a similar thread.

Thanks for the well wishes. She is a fantastic lady. I think there is a similar thread. Look for it.

This is a great thread for Port Canaveral. Thanks for providing this information. Are you familiar with a parking facility called Inside Covered Parking of Port Canaveral (ICPOPC), located at 3095 Grissom Parkway? I found their website with a search of parking facilities but I can not find any other information about them, including reviews. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

This is a great thread for Port Canaveral. Thanks for providing this information. Are you familiar with a parking facility called Inside Covered Parking of Port Canaveral (ICPOPC), located at 3095 Grissom Parkway? I found their website with a search of parking facilities but I can not find any other information about them, including reviews. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Sorry I am not. Maybe someone else is. I know of 2. One is the last exit before the port and the 2nd is at the Radisson hotel just after the port. About $6 a day.

Sorry I am not. Maybe someone else is. I know of 2. One is the last exit before the port and the 2nd is at the Radisson hotel just after the port. About $6 a day.

Will be there, in Nov. anything changed in the last 300 days or so... :D:D:eek::eek:

Can you recommend a hotel in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach area that is right on the Beach, with balcony rooms. We do no want to rent a car if we don't have to, so would like something within walking distance of some restaurants and grocery store. We will have a day and a half to spend there. I like the location of the LaQuinta on Hendry, but it seems awful expensive for the nights we will be there. Do you know anything about that hotel? Any others right in that area you can suggest.

Thanks so much in advance.

Claudia

Claudia, Take a look at the Comfort Inn and Suites. They have suites right over the beach, and across the street is a strip mall. Also a few restaurants are right there with Ron Jon's being next door. We don't have a car, and found it a great location for us

Edited by beej

Is there any one better taxi service that will pick us up and take us to the port from the hotels on Cocoa Beach? Some have flat rates and some even suggest you pay what you want.

Any suggestions?

We do not want to take a shuttle and stop at every hotel.