The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Is it possible to rent a Town Car or Limo for 5 or 6 hours when we are in port just to do some sightseeing and if it is any good recommendations. Leaving this Saturday. Thanks for any reliable replies.

I have not noticed a town car but I know Avis has Grand Marquis's.

Is it possible to rent a Town Car or Limo for 5 or 6 hours when we are in port just to do some sightseeing and if it is any good recommendations. Leaving this Saturday. Thanks for any reliable replies.

Call Michael with Executive vip limousine at 321-505-0009.

They have towncars and limos, are local and highly

recommended for the port of call excursions.

I didn't realize that there was an option to book a fly, snooze and cruise package at any of the Cocoa Beach hotels.

I stumbled across one for the Comfort Inn and Suites. It seems as though the room and transportation would be slightly cheaper booking it that way. Of course, I haven't done my homework yet re: car rentals.

But since I'm solo, that just might be the simple thing to do. The transportation company they use seems to get good reviews (Travelynx).

Are there plenty of places to eat within walking distance?

Would there be somewhere within walking distance where I could purchase a bottle of wine to carry on when I board?

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites before, and will be there again in Dec. First, check the prices separately and pick which is best.

As far as what is within walking distance, this is exactly why we book there. Directly across the street is a strip mall with a Winn Dixie (they have wine and beer), a place to get your nails done and a Bealls Outlet. i always check there to get a new bathing suit and whatever other goodies I can find at great prices.

Across the street is also a CVS and a Walgreens and an IHop. Next door is Ron Jon's store, Starbucks and a restaurant. About 2 blocks up is an Italian restaurant, and in the other direction a couple of more restaurants. Without a car,it is perfect, and only about 10 minutes form the port

Sounds great! I'll check the "just-room" rate plus solo transportation options, but I think that this might be the best option, and the most simple, for me.

The price quoted on the website states that you have to call to book as a single. The price should be $52.50 less than what pops up as a double room. For my date, that was about $150.

For round-trip transportation and a decent room in a good location? I think that's a very good price!

OK, for that night, the AAA price for a standard room is $89.96, so the transportation portion would be about $60. That seems to be slightly less than what I saw talked about in some other threads (I think the cheapest I saw was $35 each way).

For the folks joining me on Leg 2, if they share a room (I'm sure DD and her new DH will love that!), the transportation portion comes out to only be $48 each. I don't think you can beat that!

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites before, and will be there again in Dec. First, check the prices separately and pick which is best.

As far as what is within walking distance, this is exactly why we book there. Directly across the street is a strip mall with a Winn Dixie (they have wine and beer), a place to get your nails done and a Bealls Outlet. i always check there to get a new bathing suit and whatever other goodies I can find at great prices.

Across the street is also a CVS and a Walgreens and an IHop. Next door is Ron Jon's store, Starbucks and a restaurant. About 2 blocks up is an Italian restaurant, and in the other direction a couple of more restaurants. Without a car,it is perfect, and only about 10 minutes form the port

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites and were very pleased and would recommend. As mentioned, location is within a short walk of many businesses which we liked even though we had a car.

Hi, looking to stay a night neat Port Canaveral before my cruise.

What is the cheapest hotel in that area that is still decent?

What I mean is I don't want to just choose the cheapest version online to find out that it is in a bad area or is really gross or something.

So if anyone has any recs on affordable decent hotels/motels in that area I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

I have subscribed to this thread because I have a feeling I will be reading and using a lot of the information that is on here. We have a back-to-back cruise out of Port Canaveral in December

Me too--we are sailing November 10. I currently have La Quinta on Atlantic booked for 1 night pre-cruise and am looking at the Days Inn for 2 nights post cruise. Doesn't sound like anything fancy, but affordable and near the beach.

I was all set to book that package at the Comfort Suites and recommend it to DD and my friend who are joining me on Leg 2. Then I started reading on Trip Advisor about how awful some of the rooms are.

Now checking car rentals. Budget for me is about $50, but going back, there will be four of us and the rental is cheaper on the return for a larger car. So when I look at the total cost, and having the flexibility of a rental, I may go that route after all.

I know that the Radisson is nice. At least it was when I was there, but that will be nearly 4-1/2 years when I cruise. But I'd really like something on the beach. Parking and shuttle won't be a factor if I rent a car.

Earning or using points would be nice. I may have enough with either Holiday Inn or Marriott properties. Hampton Inn may end up being a good choice. Free breakfast also a plus.

I may start a new thread asking for recent reviews of beach hotels.

DH and I are driving to Florida for our cruise in January. We would like to keep the cost down for parking, etc. I know parking at the ship would cost $15.00 a day or $60.00 for a three night cruise:eek:

We would be fine doing a park, stay, and cruise but want to ensure car is safe being left at the hotel. No unsecured lots, please. Can anyone recommend a hotel (moderately priced) with a secure parking lot and an available shuttle to the pier?

We've looked at the Doubletree but can someone tell us how far away from the port?

Thanks for any and all recommendations.

DH and I are driving to Florida for our cruise in January. We would like to keep the cost down for parking' date=' etc. I know parking at the ship would cost $15.00 a day or $60.00 for a three night cruise:eek:

We would be fine doing a park, stay, and cruise but want to ensure car is safe being left at the hotel. No unsecured lots, please. Can anyone recommend a hotel (moderately priced) with a secure parking lot and an available shuttle to the pier?

We've looked at the Doubletree but can someone tell us how far away from the port?

Thanks for any and all recommendations.[/quote']

There are a few hotels very close to the port (5 minutes) and many more in Cocoa Beach on or very near the beach and these are approx 10 minutes to the ship. The Doubletree is in Cocoa beach (on the beach) and is about 10 minutes to the port. We’ve left our car at several of the area hotels (including the Doubletree) for both 3 and 7 night cruises and I don’t recall them having any sort of fences for security. It was never an issue.

Most of the area hotels now have a stay/park/shuttle package. If not you can get a private shuttle (about $6pp) or a taxi to the port. The lot at the Port is fenced and appears very secure. Some of the offsite parking facilities on 528 are fenced.

good luck and enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I started a thread asking for hotel info. Several people recommend the Doubletree, but the prices I'm seeing are pretty steep. I don't want to pay for an upgrade get a "free" breakfast. I could go to McDonalds for significantly less!

I have enough points for a night at the Holiday Inn Express. I'll have a car, so I can get to shops and restaurants.

Trip Advisor reviews are pretty good. Has anyone stayed there recently?

I started a thread asking for hotel info. Several people recommend the Doubletree, but the prices I'm seeing are pretty steep. I don't want to pay for an upgrade get a "free" breakfast. I could go to McDonalds for significantly less!

I have enough points for a night at the Holiday Inn Express. I'll have a car, so I can get to shops and restaurants.

Trip Advisor reviews are pretty good. Has anyone stayed there recently?

It is across the street from the beach but not bad at all!

Yeah, that's close enough for me. I mean, given how much I'll be eating once I'm on the ship, a little walking certainly won't hurt! I don't need luxury, but a clean room that doesn't smell is about all I ask for.

I realized that I can purchase a couple thousand points for only a few dollars and have enough then for my room and one for DD's room when they come to join me on Leg 2.

That will save me a nice chunk of change.

Now I have to search for car rental discount codes. I saw one for Budget that was pretty good. I rented from Avis last time and liked them, so that will be my research for the weekend. :D

Don't know about cars, but I do know about the Comfort Inn. My friend and I have stayed there more than a couple of times, and our rooms have always been clean. I would be the first one to complain if it was otherwise. If you expect the Hyatt aat CI prices, then you won't be happy, but realisticly, it is fine. The pool is nice and the location is great.

Has anyone that has reservations for the near future at any hotel offering park and cruise packages gotten info about the upcoming increase for delivering you to the port? There is a thread here that states that the vans will be assessed a $50 fee per trip onto the terminal.

Has anyone that has reservations for the near future at any hotel offering park and cruise packages gotten info about the upcoming increase for delivering you to the port? There is a thread here that states that the vans will be assessed a $50 fee per trip onto the terminal.

I'm looking for a photo I took the last time I went to the port in one of the Radisson shuttle bus. Best I recall the top vehicle charge was $18 per trip. I'll post the photo as soon as possible.