LIVE from Oasis and St Thomas 1/12

GMoney

Quick comments via iPhone:

> Ship is awesome. No problems or complaints

> Bill Wright's last cruise. Ken R is CD

> Aqua Show is incredibly good.

> Tips if you're coming soon: Absolutely make all your rezzies online before sailing. Once onboard, forget the Windjammer as the center of daytime eating - use other venues.

> Gym is amazing. Great facility and classes

> Large non US contingent on board.

> MDR: very good service, decent food

> Zipline: No biggie. It's over so fast. Just do it to say you did

> Headliner entertainment: abbacadbra - yea! They're the best!

> Miami sailaway: never been so cold on a cruise ship, including Alaska.

Few more quick comments:

> Dined at Giovanni's Table last night. Very good experience all around. Recommend this.

> Lots of people on board, but I don't feel any more crowded than a VY / FR class ship. Neighborhood concept really works. Of course, some places at some times are crowded, but that's true of any ship. YMMV.

> Go to Oasis 360 in Studio B right when you board to make any last minute rezzies, including zipline. You can do it all right there.

> Concierge Lounge. Not too crowded, nice room, but I'm over it and all of the complainers.

> Stateroom. In an aft B1. Nice, good views, but wouldn't do it again. Too noisy, would prefer to see more ocean.

> No motion while sailing. Don't even knoW you're at sea.

Thanks for the review, what room do you have...we have 11729, last room over looking the Aqua Theater. I think we will have the best of all worlds.

Any comments on this room......I hear there is a public area at the end of the hallway to watch the pool show?

The Passengers........OLD or YOUNG......Kids?

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the review, what room do you have...we have 11729, last room over looking the Aqua Theater. I think we will have the best of all worlds.

Any comments on this room......I hear there is a public area at the end of the hallway to watch the pool show?

Thanks for the info!

I'm in 11329, which I think is the port equivalent to your cabin. Location is good, just be prepared to walk a lot. Great views of the Aqua show. I just now think these B and CP balcony cabins are overrated.

Lots of kids. Lots of old people. Lots of foreigners. You never see the same peeps twice. No complaints

Wow, wish I was still onboard. Was in St. thomas two weeks from today :( Still a large non US contingent onboard. Cool! I thought that was just for the holidays. I have a moderate knowledge of Spanish and enjoyed meeting a couple from Columbia and my daughter met a little girl from Venezuela. I even met a family from Brazil, though they didn't speak English and I don't speak Portuguese. I just kept saying words in English and Spanish until my friend understood what I was trying to say.

Thanks for the info!

We had 12701 and 12699 and loved it. It is the best of both worlds because you can see the aquatheater and if you walk to the end of the hall there is a public balcony not too many people know about or take the time to get to. This balcony overlooks the ocean. Since hardly anyone goes there you have your boardwalk view balcony and a quiet/private balcony view of the ocean as well!! Shhhhh, don't tell anybody. Lol. Even if the secret does get out, it is in such an out of the way place I doubt many people will go there.

I'm in 11329, which I think is the port equivalent to your cabin. Location is good, just be prepared to walk a lot. Great views of the Aqua show. I just now think these B and CP balcony cabins are overrated.

Lots of kids. Lots of old people. Lots of foreigners. You never see the same peeps twice. No complaints

That was my cabin on the last cruise :). Totally agree with everything you've said. Make sure you are in your cabin for sailaway from St. Martin. The view is spectacular with the mountains beyond the Aquatheater!!

stmartinsailaway2.jpg[/img]

No, but it's the first place you can do it when you board. Otherwise you can do it on the Sports Deck.

Your best bet is to do it in Studio B. The line is very slow on the Sports Deck. We waited in line for ~45 minutes to sign up for a time to do the zipline even though we already filled out our waivers online before the cruise.

where are the foreigners from?

Last week, most were from Central and South America. The CD reviewed a list of how many passengers were from the various countries but I only caught a few including:

- Mexico: 492

- Venezuela: 478

- Russia: 100

- Spain: 97

- UK: 200

- US: ~2,000 (I was interrupted when he said the # of passengers from the US, but it was 2,000 and something)

That was my cabin on the last cruise :). Totally agree with everything you've said. Make sure you are in your cabin for sailaway from St. Martin. The view is spectacular with the mountains beyond the Aquatheater!!

stmartinsailaway2.jpg[/img]

I see that the tarps on the back are down when you are leaving this port. Are they down at all ports and anytime at sea.

I see that the tarps on the back are down when you are leaving this port. Are they down at all ports and anytime at sea.

I actually didn't notice. I'll have to look at some other pics to confirm. By the way, it's nice to see another Chet on here :D

Wow, didn't know you could do the waiver for the zip line at Studio B. Wish I had done that. I was one of the ones that waited online at the sports deck for about 45 minutes. It was so frustrating. I still have the wrist band on and I got off the ship Jan 2. Wish I was still on the ship.

Archived