I'm new to princess (and cruising!)

babygoo

Hi, hope someone can help, we've booked L256 on the Ruby, is this room ok? Will it be very noisy? I see we are close to lifts and stairs but think there are doors separating the cabins from them, is this the case? any tips would be welcome.

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I can practically guarantee that you'll love the Ruby, and your cabin is conveniently located. (I prefer being closer to the aft pool, myself, but that's just me.) Noise shouldn't be a problem. Have a fabulous time!

Caro

Hi, hope someone can help, we've booked L256 on the Ruby, is this room ok? Will it be very noisy? I see we are close to lifts and stairs but think there are doors separating the cabins from them, is this the case? any tips would be welcome.

Thanks

We have been near the elevators on the Ruby and you do not hear any noise. We have sailed with Princess 12 times, had cabins in all areas, and it was always very quiet. Being near the elevators is a plus because you dont have to walk the long halls before getting to the stairs or elevator. You will love the Ruby!

The Ruby is a great ship. We just sailed on her in the fall. She's pretty similar to her sister ship, the Emerald. Both great ships. We always book a Lido deck cabin, but book insides. We just love this deck, being close to the main pools, MUTS, Horizon, pizza, ice cream and grill. It's great on sea days when you are at the pool and need to go back to your cabin for forgotten items or a bathroom break. No long halls to deal with. Your cabin is located right near the elevators, but still a great location. It's also a great place to go to the secret door leading out to the deck above the bridge. This is a great place to be during sailaway. Although, sometimes can be windy. This deck is not open when in open waters. Way too windy and way too dangerous. But, still, a great place to be during any port sailaway.

You should love it here.

We cruise 3 to 4 weeks a year and always book a Lido deck cabin ! It's very close to lots of fun stuff ! If you're at the pool, or working on your tan, and need to run back to your room, you can get there and back in mere moments. Got the munchies ? The Horizon Court is a few steps away. The Lido deck location cannot be beaten on sea days ! Let us know how you liked the location after the cruise....I bet you're gonna love it !

Happy cruising,

Billy

Thanks

We were in L257 on the Ruby last January and loved it. It was convenient to the pools and Horizon Court. Since we booked Sanctuary for the week, we only had to walk up a flight of stairs and we were at the Lotus Pool and then another flight to Sanctuary. We did not find it noisy at all. I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise in this room!

Darlene

we are also new to Princess and have booked the Ruby in December. room B254. Cruised many times, but lots of questions here...

how many formal nights for a seven day

how can I find a copy of the Menu (due to food allergies)

I'm sure I'll need a million questions answered before we cruise!

thanks! sherri

we are also new to Princess and have booked the Ruby in December. room B254. Cruised many times, but lots of questions here...

how many formal nights for a seven day

I'm sure I'll need a million questions answered before we cruise!

thanks! sherri

There are two formal nights on a seven-day cruise. Can't help you with allergies but lots of people here seem to deal with them so I'm sure someone will chime in.

On the first evening, speak with the headwaiter or matre d'. He/she will assist you in planning meals that avoid foods you are allergic to. This will include bringing the next day's menus so you can pre-select foods and have them prepared to meet your needs.

Archived