Hi to cruisers any one been on the princess sun

maryjo62

and did any one have a hand held shower in their cabin,if they did,could i please ask what cabin number it was.Happy cruising maryjo62.

Hi Maryjo...we were on the sun princess in April in a balcony cabin and we had a hand held shower head. I am sure that this was not just specific to Balcony cabins but i am quite sure they were the same in all of them...:)

Gee you've got a good memory, Cazz. I don't remember ever taking the shower head off off the holder thingy.;) Not much longer to wait now :D

Cheers,

Anna

Anna, now you have me worried whether thats right or not. I checked with my partner before i posted and he said yes they definitely came off....Yes only 19 days to go...very excited!

My travel agent has assured me that there will be a hand held shower in my cabin.I am going,on my first cruise ever in march, to the south pacific for 2 weeks.Best wishes maryjo.

Maryjo, welcome to your new addiction ;). I think you would be hard done to ever find someone who has only ever had 1 cruise. It took me 17 years to convince my partner to take one, and now he says its the best thing he`s ever done...be sure to join the roll call, so you have the chance to meet other cruisers from this site. Have a great time! :)

Hi Maryjo,

Sailed on the Sun Princess from Sydney to New Zealand 29th December for 13nights and to be honest, I didn't notice that the shower head came off. Mind you, we were in an inside cabin Deck 8 whether that makes any difference or not.

Just to let you know, we had a wonderful time - crew were great, ship good and food absolutely excellent. Went to 8pm dinner and the two waiters we had were just wonderful. Their names were Regan and Oana.

They were in the Marquis Dining Room. Had a couple of rough days and nights at sea but coped well. Really couldn't fault Princess except perhaps using the tender to the Bay of Island - just imagine 2000 plus people trying to get off and then back on at the same time. Had to wait up to an hour but you have to take the bad with the good. Every other port of call was "smooth sailing" in getting off. Weather was very kind to us. Only day with rain was in Dunedin whilst we were on the Taeiri Gorge Train Trip and whilst we were at Lanach Castle.

So, all in all a great trip and we will be doing another cruise sooner than later.

Granny Chris

My travel agent has assured me that there will be a hand held shower in my cabin.I am going,on my first cruise ever in march, to the south pacific for 2 weeks.Best wishes maryjo.

hi maryjo, i have booked a few cruises from b&m TA's and some of dont know much about cruising, i said to one TA i would like a guarantee cabin and she said what is a guarantee.....i had to tell her that you dont get a cabin number until closer to sailing date

rkmw

Ok, I just had a look at our video taken on the sun princess last year and it clearly shows that the shower has a fixed head. This in a mini suite. I can't answer you regarding any other cabin. I would think a mini suite would be more likely to have the extras than a lower category.

Ok' date=' I just had a look at our video taken on the sun princess last year and it clearly shows that the shower has a fixed head. This in a mini suite. I can't answer you regarding any other cabin. I would think a mini suite would be more likely to have the extras than a lower category.[/quote']

I am certain ours came off. But the seed of doubt has been planted;) Well we are off on the Dawn in 2 weeks, so will be able to confirm...:)

and did any one have a hand held shower in their cabin,if they did,could i please ask what cabin number it was.Happy cruising maryjo62.

We were on Sun Princess around OZ in July 2008. Fixed shower head with little movement in an outside cabin. Telephone box sized shower of course as is usual, not as small as the Ghan/Indian Pacific though ! LOL

Archived