What is the best way to bring a case of water on Carnival?

I will be taking bottles with me on our next cruise. I drank the cruise ship's water & it was fine for me for the most part but in the MDR one night it was completely undrinkable. I had to get DH to get me a drink with his soda card since he got a beer. I don't know why but it was horrible at dinner that night. It was fine the rest of the week. Who knows?

• 1 month later...
my thoughts for why we bring water is to have off ship for excursions and such. Just makes sense for us and cheaper than paying for bottle water in ports!

I agree we bring water on board in our duffle bag, that is foldable. Plus the duffle can be used to bring home your souveneirs

Beware the soda cards; they don't give you cans of soda, you must go to the bar where they pour a small plastic cup with ice ,from a can.( about 1/2 can),and debit your card. I was under the impression you got can sodas with the card.

First, you do realize the ships have filtered water already. We just bring on one sealed bottle each and refill it. When you go to the port, the crew will have 20oz. bottles for sale as you leave for $1- $2 each. But if you still want to bring it on, get a case, tape it up with packing tape, or put it in a box and tape it, and attach a luggage tag. Then give it to the porter with your checked bags. It'll be delivered with your bags.

Wow, what ship was that? I've never seen bottles of water for sale onboard that cheap. It's usually outrageous.

We usually just buy a 2-3 bottles of water each before boarding, stick them in our carryons and refill as needed on the ship. Besides the lido and bars, your room steward will leave a pitcher of ice for use in the cabin.

Bottled water in ports (not from the ship) is usually very inexpensive--just make sure it's sealed.

My husband and I always bring our own 32 oz water bottles(they have a thermo cover as well as carrying strap) with openings big enough to fit ice into. We then fill with ice when leaving our room and always have ice cold water as it melts -- works great!

• 2 months later...

My wife and i took a case of water ,it was shrink wrapped , but i wrapped it up with clear packing tape and taped a luggage tage on top and dropped it off with our luggage. my wife said we'd never see it again ,and it showed up with our luggage with no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer the OP's only question, no, you cannot just slap a luggage tag onto your shrink-wrapped case of water and have it sent with the rest of your bags, on Carnival. Their new rules firmly state any beverages brought on board must be enclosed in your carry-on.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/defa...ooter_88#q-125

And I can confirm: just 2 weeks ago I attached a cruise luggage tag to a shrink-wrapped case of water (by advice from here on CC), and the porters refused it. Fortunately, my BF's carryon was half empty, so he crammed it in there, and off it went. The porters told us it HAD to be enclosed in a bag.

I want to warn the OP however, the cabin fridges AREN'T refrigerators --- they are 'coolers'. Nothing really gets or stays cold in them. Food will not keep either, like a carton of milk, or yogurt etc. At best, in your cabin you can pour the water into a glass with ice. Otherwise, just know that it's not the same as having a case of water in your fridge at home.

I know that people here are so helpful in answering questions and offering advice, but honestly, this is how threads get hijacked. If I asked the same question as the OP... -- well, I really don't want to know all of everyone else's reasons for why I should NOT bring bottled water (taste, price, having to lug, having to refill, having to carry or not, environmental issues, whatever). I had my particular reasons for taking water on board (I go through a lot of water in a day, I want to take disposables in my beachbag, I want to have it in the cabin, when I jog, when I am at the gym, I don't want to carry a stainless bottle, I don't want to pay Carnival for 24 bottles, etc.). Just sayin....

• 1 month later...
We would like to bring a case of water with us on a cruise with Carnival. Can we just attach a luggage tag to it and give it to them?

That's what we did.. worked fine... next time I'll toss a case in a duffel bag or something... just to make it easier to handle.. whenever we drive to the port we take a case of water with us for sure.. mostly for the shore excursions and with a family of 6, a case of 24 bottles doesn't last as long as you might think ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We brought on 2 cases of water. Because one case was open we needed to put the individual bottles in the suitcases, the other case we just carried on. It is best to have a roller suitcase or roller carrier, but my husband just carried on top of the rolling suitcase.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a soft side cooler on wheels just to bring on large containers of bottled water. It was on HAL, so I was able to check the luggage. In the future I may have to wheel it on myself when cruising with Carnival. That or buy a water package if one is available. This was the first cruise I drank only bottled water instead of what is free on the ship, and the only cruise where I did not swell up. On my last cruise on the liberty my face was horribly swollen.

Archived