What is the best way to bring a case of water on Carnival?

We brought two 12 packs of soda and taped them together with duct tape and made a little handle with the tape. Then we put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to our room with no problems. I imagine you could do the same with a case of water..much easier than lugging it yourself

Water is FREE on the ship and probably cleaner and safer than anything you are getting from your home tap or a bottle.

If you "think" is tastes bad that is because it doesn't have all the chemicals you are used to tasting.

• 2 weeks later...

First, you do realize the ships have filtered water already. We just bring on one sealed bottle each and refill it. When you go to the port, the crew will have 20oz. bottles for sale as you leave for $1- $2 each. But if you still want to bring it on, get a case, tape it up with packing tape, or put it in a box and tape it, and attach a luggage tag. Then give it to the porter with your checked bags. It'll be delivered with your bags.

I plan on taking water with me on my next cruise. Not sure if I will take a whole case or just 2-6 packs. I read online last year about how the water was "fine" well I ended up buying bottled water onboard and spent a small fortune.

I took 2 bottles with me but the water in our cabin was not fit for drinking. The water in the dining rooms was fine but I need to drink water thru-out the day.

We would like to bring a case of water with us on a cruise with Carnival. Can we just attach a luggage tag to it and give it to them?

We took a case of 12 with us on Celebrity, and they just put a sticker on it and delivered it to our room. We didn't do anything to it; it was shrink wrapped as it came from the store, and the handlers didn't seem at all unhappy with it.

Water is FREE on the ship and probably cleaner and safer than anything you are getting from your home tap or a bottle.

If you "think" is tastes bad that is because it doesn't have all the chemicals you are used to tasting.

I didn't think water was free on the ship. When I called to inquire about the soda cards, the gal w/Carnival told me it's soda only not water. Maybe she misunderstood? Will they allow us to bring a case of water on board? I would think they wouldn't because they want to make as much money as they can but what do I know. I've only been on two cruises and the last was about 3 years ago, when the soda was still free.

Carry it on. 2 out of the 3 last cruises we were told that we could just carry it on with us. The last cruise said that we needed to check it which was fine because we got it in our room.

Why do we bring water because you can take it off the ship to drink or late at night when you need a drink you don't have to open up the bottle in the room and pay for it.

I didn't think water was free on the ship. When I called to inquire about the soda cards, the gal w/Carnival told me it's soda only not water. Maybe she misunderstood? Will they allow us to bring a case of water on board? I would think they wouldn't because they want to make as much money as they can but what do I know. I've only been on two cruises and the last was about 3 years ago, when the soda was still free.

You only have to pay for BOTTLED water. Tap water is free from your room, dining room, etc. The filtration systems used on board ships today provide water that is purer than most water you can buy. Take one or two bottles with you (we carry two stainless steel bottles) and refill them as needed.

Cheers,

my thoughts for why we bring water is to have off ship for excursions and such. Just makes sense for us and cheaper than paying for bottle water in ports!

Have you ever thought about bringing one bottle and refilling it or paying $5.00 for an aluminum bottle at Target and filling it on the ship?

DON

• 1 month later...
my thoughts for why we bring water is to have off ship for excursions and such. Just makes sense for us and cheaper than paying for bottle water in ports!

Take a refillable water bottle. Last cruise we brougt large 1 1/2 quart size ones. They had straps attached to carry them like you would a crossbody bag. They were large enought that we could fill them on the ship and have water to last in port.

that's what we do. each traveller in our family has their own water bottle. this way if one gets sick, we don't all get sick. of course mom, me, ends up carrying it for everyone. Must each the 4 year old to be more self-sufficient - HA but he may end up losing it somewhere on the beach or island so easier for me and less worry if I'm the water and snack carrier. MOMS RULE !!! we have those 1.5 litre ones and the smaller ones, stainless steel from Whole Foods. they keep the water colder and no water beads on the outside. Fill it in the Lido in the morning and we're good for most of the day. Fill up up at night before bedtime in case we're thirsty at night, stick it in our fridge and it is cold cold in the morning. These are better than the plastic but plastic will do if you don't have anything else. we just rinse out daily in the bathroom tap but we refill in the Lido. Hope this helps. No need to lug a case of water with you.

Lugging pop and wine is a different story but there are other threads on that.

My husband only drinks water--no pop, alcohol, or anything else. The last two cruises we have gone on we bought a case of water before we went to the port and put a luggage tag on it and checked it with our luggage. It got there just fine (well, in San Juan we were missing 3 bottles out of 24, but thats okay). When we are on a 7 day cruise my hubby will easily drink 24 bottles (and that is rationing it!!). Me--give me the soda card :)

Good Luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been cruising for years, personally I think the water on all ships is disgusting. I can't stand the taste and it nauseates me. It may be fine for others, but it is not for me. I take my own water in a 12x12x12 soft sided cooler. It makes it to the room fine, I dont buy the large bottles, I get the half sized, my cooler isn't too heavy for the handlers and I am happy!

Ship water is hit or miss on carnival. One time it's fine, another it's undrinkable even by the crews standards. I only drink water and will not risk not having anything to drink all week unless I buy their water since water is not a banned item.

Keep in mind with Carnivals new rules you have to carry your water on. No more checking your case of water in your luggage. I plan on dividing a case up between my carry on and Dh's. Or I may just get a rolling carry on to put it in so it's not heavy lugging around until the room is ready.

We always pack an empty carry-on in the suitcase, stop at store near port and get a case of soda, 12 pack water and 2 bottles of wine. we have never had a problem. I was told that as long as it was in the bag with handles it was ok. We always travel the day before a cruise and I usually have a plan scoped out. Hotel near store etc. Gotta love the internet

Archived