Warm Chocolate Melting cake or similar on Celebrity?

teresad2297

Hi all - my favorite thing about Carnival and Princess cruises is their Warm Chocolate Cake for dessert - available everynight.

Wondering if Celebrity has anything close.... it's a bit between a chocolate souffle and a chocolate cake with a pudding like filling... the waiter will lift it out of its baking dish and put it on your plate oozing of goodness - best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side...

can you tell that I'm salivating now just thinking about it?

-Teresa

Hi all - my favorite thing about Carnival and Princess cruises is their Warm Chocolate Cake for dessert - available everynight.

Wondering if Celebrity has anything close.... it's a bit between a chocolate souffle and a chocolate cake with a pudding like filling... the waiter will lift it out of its baking dish and put it on your plate oozing of goodness - best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side...

-Teresa

Hello

We were on the Caribbean Princess in August and did not see the cake you are talking about on any night? my wife loves desserts but we never found this cake people talked about.

I can tell you the Chocolate souffle in the Ocean liners, Normandie, Olympic, SS united States, Murano etc is absolutely amazing.

I understand what happens when an Ice Statue melts. But what happens when a Warm Chocolate Melting cake melts?

never made it long enough to see what happens to a Warm Chocolate Melting Cake when it melts -- eaten up way too fast!:D

Thanks for the update guys - I'll watch for the Lava cakes and souffles.

-Teresa

Second that on the Chocolate Souffle (of the Grand Mariner Souffle). They are available in Murano or their counterparts on the M Class ships.

Also, there is a chocolate type cake (I believe it is called something like Chocolate Extraveganza) that is on the buffet. It is sure chocolate and mousse layer and just awesome. It is available on the buffets.

Celebrity did not have a lava cake - however they did have mohr em hemd - a baked Viennese chocolate pudding that was heavenly - rich yet light. I don't believe that they offer the mohr em hemd anymore.

Your correct. They don't have Mohr em Hemd on the menu anymore. But we did request it through our waiter, and it was served the next day. So yummy.

I don't recall the chocolate melting cake on Princess--their specialty was the Love Boat cake in a heart shape--which IMO is much tastier than the raw batter in the center of the Carnival chocolate melting cake. On Carnival I go to the buffet and try to find a mostly baked cake from under the heat lamp!

:D

Your correct. They don't have Mohr em Hemd on the menu anymore. But we did request it through our waiter, and it was served the next day. So yummy.

Der Mohr im Hemd ist eine österreichische Süßspeise

from

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohr_im_Hemd

Mohr im Hemd seems to be a pretty popular dessert in Austria,

from

http://www.marga.org/food/int/austria/pudding.html

I was reading around the web about this, can you confirm that this dish has a hazelnut flavor to it? My wife loves hazelnut and choloate, so I may be asking our waiter if it would be available on a future cruise!

the "every night' equivalent on Celebrity appears to be the creme boule, which I missed on the Paradise (Carnival only offers it once during the longer cruises).

Did you say creme brulee? Now you are talking my language! It is served in the MDR every night on Celebrity?

-Teresa

There is no equal for warm chocolate melting cake anywhere.

Archived