I believe it is amazing

dfishner

I have followed Oasis like most before and during the build out, I watched all the broadcasts and was amazed by this ship.

I remember saying to myself I did not want to go on Oasis for at least a year so they could work out some of the kinks and was so pleased to read the great reviews coming in.. I think for a first of a kind ship RCL did an outstanding job and some of the comments I read are just about normal little things and nothing really major says so much about the thought processes that went into this ship.

Is everything perfect no but for a ship that is brand new and the first of its kind and just it sheer size it could of been a disaster and it wasn't infact it was the reverse the wow factor seems to be the thing I read about the most on here and on other travel web sites.

We cruise on Oasis in November but realize I could of went this January and had a great time but I am tend to stay away from new builts until they are broken in. I guess my point of this post is that RCL did one hell of a great job building this ship and did it with class and style and I have sit back and be amazed at what they created and I can hardly wait until it is our turn to go on only have 10 months but whose counting:-)

I agree 100%. While everything wasn't perfect...it sure came close. The problems we encountered on the Dec 1st & 5th sailings are typical on ships that have been sailing for years. Nothing major...just minor hiccups.

There were nay sayers about how embarkation/debarkation would be chaotic and a nightmare...RCI proved them WRONG! People kept saying how the Oasis would make the traffic @ Port Everglades a mess and tie ups would delay people on coming & going on other ships...RCI proved them WRONG! And the list goes on and on and on....LOL

I applaud RCI and the staff/crew of the Oasis for a job well done!!!:D:D:D

This ship was absolutely perfect. Every issue that I found on our January 1st sailing was related to procedure rather than physical issues. They were things like the entertainment schedule which as said above is something any ship can suffer from at any time.

I agree 100%. While everything wasn't perfect...it sure came close. The problems we encountered on the Dec 1st & 5th sailings are typical on ships that have been sailing for years. Nothing major...just minor hiccups.

There were nay sayers about how embarkation/debarkation would be chaotic and a nightmare...RCI proved them WRONG! People kept saying how the Oasis would make the traffic @ Port Everglades a mess and tie ups would delay people on coming & going on other ships...RCI proved them WRONG! And the list goes on and on and on....LOL

I echo everything Tyron has said (hey Ty and nice to see your post):)

The positive reviews of this ship keep coming in. I am so happy to have weeks #2 & 3 booked on this amazing ship at a great price too:D

Totally agree...job well done RCI!

Tyron

Debarkation was terrible on the Dec 12, I am still a bit surprised there wasn't a riot. (I have some vidoes someplace of it) One of the Porters said it was the worse one of the 3 sailings at the time so maybe it was just bad luck. Traffic was pretty rough on the way in but very easy on the way out. We also had a lot of problems on the Dec 12 (which we expected) but it started to cross a line of to many. I will give RCI an avg. rating on this topic could be worse could be better.

Just bear in mind that the ship was sailing at least 1000 pax light until the first week in January when they finally fixed the LSA damaged on the transatlantic crossing due to the weather.

Well our sailing was not 1000 pax light. The figures I keep hearing for Jan 16-23 is 5600+. We drove to the port and experienced no traffic getting to the parking lot, we received our luggage before 1:00 pm, and my crazy husband had us doing express disembarkation......we were off the ship by 6:15 am!

I echo everything Tyron has said (hey Ty and nice to see your post):)

The positive reviews of this ship keep coming in. I am so happy to have weeks #2 & 3 booked on this amazing ship at a great price too:D

Totally agree...job well done RCI!

EMMY!!:D:cool: How are ya?

Tyron

Debarkation was terrible on the Dec 12, I am still a bit surprised there wasn't a riot. (I have some vidoes someplace of it) One of the Porters said it was the worse one of the 3 sailings at the time so maybe it was just bad luck. Traffic was pretty rough on the way in but very easy on the way out. We also had a lot of problems on the Dec 12 (which we expected) but it started to cross a line of to many. I will give RCI an avg. rating on this topic could be worse could be better.

That must've been a bad luck day and I'm sorry you didnt experience the quick and easy embarkation and debarkation we did. I was getting off the ship on the Dec 12th and it was super fast. :):cool:

Just bear in mind that the ship was sailing at least 1000 pax light until the first week in January when they finally fixed the LSA damaged on the transatlantic crossing due to the weather.

I respectfully disagree that embarking and debarking 4,000 with the ease they accomplished was no small feat. :cool:

We had a wonderful cruise...super fast embarkation...traffic was not a problem and parking was easy. People everywhere guiding you to the proper entrance and lines...really well handled.

But our debarkation was a nightmare. We were worried as well about a riot breaking out in the terminal. NO ONE AROUND trying to fix the issue. Only RCI people leading priveleged people thru the logjam with no explantion. It was really bad. We were almost two hours getting to our car from the time we left the ship. The only shining light was a porter that helped us once we finally got to our luggage...he got us thru the maze and out the door.

I think that this was an anomaly...next cruises have reported the process to be OK but it sure put a damper on an otherwise great cruise.

Deb

We had a wonderful cruise...super fast embarkation...traffic was not a problem and parking was easy. People everywhere guiding you to the proper entrance and lines...really well handled.

But our debarkation was a nightmare. We were worried as well about a riot breaking out in the terminal. NO ONE AROUND trying to fix the issue. Only RCI people leading priveleged people thru the logjam with no explantion. It was really bad. We were almost two hours getting to our car from the time we left the ship. The only shining light was a porter that helped us once we finally got to our luggage...he got us thru the maze and out the door.

I think that this was an anomaly...next cruises have reported the process to be OK but it sure put a damper on an otherwise great cruise.

Deb

Deb, glad to see someone else saw the same thing I did. (although I wish you didn't have to experience it ) I was really starting to think it was just me and maybe I was starting to go crazy or something.

We were all crammed into a corridor with no way to go and could see nothing. There were no announcements and no one guiding us out. This went on for over an hour...more like almost two hours. Thank God it was a cool day outside, even then...the hallway was stifling.

I think some of the entertainers were led thru (more like pushed thru) the quagmire by an RCI person who just insisted that we step aside....STEP ASIDE WHERE??? No explanation...no, I am sorry..nothing. Man...it was infuriating, not to speak of dangerous and totally unnecessary. Someone miscued either at the front of the process or on the ship and then no one tried to make it better.

I am glad to know that it does not continue....I had vowed to write a letter if I saw that it was trend. I know that disembarkment is never a fun process but this one was over the top awful. I know that RCCL would not want all their efforts to give passengers a great experience on Oasis spoiled by a terrible and dangerous debarkation.

Deb

Well our sailing was not 1000 pax light. The figures I keep hearing for Jan 16-23 is 5600+. We drove to the port and experienced no traffic getting to the parking lot, we received our luggage before 1:00 pm, and my crazy husband had us doing express disembarkation......we were off the ship by 6:15 am!

We had 5610 guests on board according to Ken Rush. The ship was over 100% capacity. I read a thread on another cruise board today and he stated that the ship is once again sailing at over 100% capacity.

We had 5610 guests on board according to Ken Rush. The ship was over 100% capacity. I read a thread on another cruise board today and he stated that the ship is once again sailing at over 100% capacity.

Good, I'm glad to hear it. I sure was getting tired of those posts saying "wait till they try to fill Oasis week after week."

. The figures I keep hearing for Jan 16-23 is 5600+. We drove to the port and experienced no traffic getting to the parking lot, we received our luggage before 1:00 pm, and my crazy husband had us doing express disembarkation......we were off the ship by 6:15 am!

My point was if you care to actually read it was that the ship was NOT allowed to sail full until all the lifeboats were fully servicable and inspected, you may recall the titanic incident in April 1912. Two 500 person boats on board Oasis were badly damaged during the crossing from Europe when a wave hit them, my friend who is the PM responsible for the repairs told me that the work was finally competed at the start of January 2010 allowing the USCG to issue a passenger certification for the ship to sail full, so your cruise departing on the 16th would have been, I guess the 2nd or 3rd at maximum complement.

Well I too just got off this sailing. Iv'e been tring to get a review posted but my computer won't let me right now. I have to say that Royal Carribean had their act together now. Embarkation was the quickest and easiest we habe ever experienced on a ship. Traffic was not a problem. Disembarkation was 15 inutes delayed for some reason but was very smooth and there were people directing you to the proper place once in the Terminal. We even had our luggage by the time we got to our room which is a first!

Archived