Security Screening and Prohibited Items Policy

MargaritaPlease

... Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. Vice President, Guest Services

dot.gifdot.gifdot.gif

Here is the whole reason for this. They really should just say "Hey, you people with the rum runners, we're on to you."

If you bring a sealed bottle you get it back the last night - what do they care, you've spent your money at the bar all the previous days of your cruise.

This is why my family of 5 has always carried on our bags. The inconvenience of schlepping them around for an hour or so saves us from the grief of pilfering, theft or loss. We don't drink that much (maybe 2 drinks each for DH & I) so we have no reason to smuggle anything.

Wow- "Third-world grunts," as you call them, make your cruise possible. Why be derogatory about people? Insulting others doesn't make a statement about them; it makes a statement about YOU.

Shoot, now you went and hurt my feelings.

Getting back on subject: I think KJPG is onto something here. It could very well be about smuggling booze.

When was the last time you saw unsealed containers of C4?

Shoot, now you went and hurt my feelings.

Getting back on subject: I think KJPG is onto something here. It could very well be about smuggling booze.

When was the last time you saw unsealed containers of C4?

Considering C4 is a stable explosive compound that is usually packed in blocks after it is mixed, it is by it's nature "unsealed", in that it doesn't exacty come in vacuum-plastic.

Ya know... I'm just not that concerned about this new policy. I think we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out with those going on upsoming cruises once this goes into effect. I will still continue to take some of my own "goods" on board. I have never locked my luggage as we never pack anything of value in our checked bags. (Translation: We don't have anything of value...LOL)

I can't imagine how they will have the time, staff & resources to search thru all those bags prior to sailaway anyway. That's a MASSIVE amount of luggage! Should be interesting...

(Translation: We don't have anything of value...LOL)

I was thinking exactly the same thing ... wow, my three-year old Nike Shox and collection of custom tailored boardshorts are so totally worth a lot of money, I must defend them with a lock I can disable with a Swiss Army knife ...

I can't imagine how they will have the time, staff & resources to search thru all those bags prior to sailaway anyway. That's a MASSIVE amount of luggage! Should be interesting...

I think that's the main point here. The physics of it all.

Maybe they've come-up with an "alcohol sniffing" dog?

As a travel agent, I received the following in a newsletter from Carnival -

SECURITY SCREENING AND PROHIBITED ITEMS POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. Retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of their cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

IMPORTANT - All luggage must be unlocked before being turned over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to the guest’s stateroom.

For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions located in our cruise ticket contract and related FAQs on Carnival.com.

This policy will now be strictly enforced effective with January 30th sailings of all of our Miami ships, with the rest of the fleet to follow shortly thereafter. We kindly request your assistance in making sure your clients are aware of this policy so they can be properly prepared once they arrive at the port for their cruise departure.

As a travel agent, I received the following in a newsletter from Carnival -

SECURITY SCREENING AND PROHIBITED ITEMS POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. Retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of their cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

IMPORTANT - All luggage must be unlocked before being turned over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to the guest’s stateroom.

For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions located in our cruise ticket contract and related FAQs on Carnival.com.

This policy will now be strictly enforced effective with January 30th sailings of all of our Miami ships, with the rest of the fleet to follow shortly thereafter. We kindly request your assistance in making sure your clients are aware of this policy so they can be properly prepared once they arrive at the port for their cruise departure.

:eek: Did you happen to see the original post in this thread? I don't mean to sound rude, but that's what we've been talking about for 7 pages now. :)

I think y'all have guilty consciences. I personally think this is some sort of crackdown on people bring too much hair gel as well as those packing crockpots, hot plates, and Foreman grills.

But the V8, 700 Horse Power blenders are still OK, right?:confused::D

:eek: Did you happen to see the original post in this thread? I don't mean to sound rude, but that's what we've been talking about for 7 pages now. :)

Actually, KLMORG, you may not have intended to sound rude, but you were. What I was trying to do by MY post was to add additional information to what was provided by the OP - namely that the new policy will take effect on Jan 30th and at the Port of Miami originally. I really don't understand the rudeness on this board sometimes.

Actually, KLMORG, you may not have intended to sound rude, but you were. What I was trying to do by MY post was to add additional information to what was provided by the OP - namely that the new policy will take effect on Jan 30th and at the Port of Miami originally. I really don't understand the rudeness on this board sometimes.

I picked up on the updated info and appreciate your post...thanks ;)

Well from listening to alot of people here say they will just lock their luggage anyway and have to be called down to inspect their bags. Don't you think this is inconsiderate to other passengers you travel with? If they have to call all these people down to inspect their luggage we will never leave the port.

I suspect the luggage is brought on the ship, "dangerous"" material and all and put in boat jail until the owners show up to claim. There is no impact to other passengers.

This seems to be new and pertinent information not shared in the other 42 threads. The new policy probably won't have an impact on my February cruise and Carnival will have a while to fix it before my April cruise. :)

On one hand, I see this as a tempest in a teapot. Anything worth stealing shouldn't be in your checked luggage anyway, locks or no locks. Those locks can come off just as easily as a cheap prom dress. And if not the lock then the bag itself can be damaged to get at what's in there.

I'll have my valuables with me in my carry-on. What I am more concerned about, rather than having my clothing stolen, is what someone might put IN the luggage without my knowledge.

My apologies gottacruise@juno.com. If you read my posts, you'll find I try to be most helpful on these boards. I don't want ot be in the rude poster category. ;) I have no excuse other than there were what seemed to be a gazillion other threads on the matter. And a lack of coffee this morning. Again... I do apologize. :o

Archived