Jewel Cruise - will they cancel it??

CruisinFromCT

I don't think it's the Jewel. I think it's the itinerary. It's pretty boring and I don't think it sells as well as other trips. The FL/Bahamas run usually doesn't sell that well until they drop prices closer to sailing. We did it twice and followed the pricing for around 9 months before sailing. That said it usually does sell out closer to the sail date.

Either way, enjoy your cruise and hope the "fairy" visits you!

I am going in mid-March and it's like Russian Roullette now given where I live and needing to get there. I had to book it now but the ship is still very much empty. 10 categories are still booking with room numbers and five are on guarantees. I am hoping the upgrade fairy shines a good light on me since I might be doing this trip solo and have already paid that lovely surcharge for two people! :eek:

Oh fairy... where art thou? :D

The Jewel is the slowest booking ship that I've been monitoring in the fleet and the prices to sail on her reflect that. I don't know what is going on with it because the Jewel is a very nice ship. Her cheaper prices have led to me making her my home for Spring Break this year! :)

I am looking forward to going -- I've been on the Dawn four times and want a new experience! Thanks for your reply!

I don't think it's the Jewel. I think it's the itinerary. It's pretty boring and I don't think it sells as well as other trips. The FL/Bahamas run usually doesn't sell that well until they drop prices closer to sailing. We did it twice and followed the pricing for around 9 months before sailing. That said it usually does sell out closer to the sail date.

Either way, enjoy your cruise and hope the "fairy" visits you!

Thanks! this was my first itinerary and it really wasn't as exciting as Bermuda or the Mediterranean ones that I did...I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for the fairy visit!

We are on the first run of that itinerary on 4/24 and it is also very light and the prices remain very low.

I have done this FL/Bahama itinerary 3 times before and I agree, it is not the greatest but I continue to book it if I can get a terrific price as such an easy trip for us to sail from NYC.

Archived