Switched from Destiny to Navigator of the Seas

diviney87

Our cruise on Feb 18 on the Destiny was canceled due to dry dock so we decided to cancel and booked for the Navigator of the Seas with Royal Caribbean. We did paid about $100 more for the same room type (balcony) but it was well worth it. We would have lost airfare and didnt want to risk it doing a 2 day cruise to Nassau esp when the ship just came out of dry dock... so this was the best for us. Carnival said we should get out refunds with 2-10 days. Lets pray so...or i will be calling them back. Its the best for Carnival to do this..but it kinda sucked for us cruisers who are pretty much screwed because it was an ongoing issue and deciding to dry dock on our sailing time. In a way I felt like Carnival jsut gave busines to RCCL. Alot of people switched over.....but this wont stop me from sailing with Carnival. I will give them a try at another time... maybe with a newer ship. This is my first cruise..and not the kind of experience I wanted. :rolleyes:

Our cruise on Feb 18 on the Destiny was canceled due to dry dock so we decided to cancel and booked for the Navigator of the Seas with Royal Caribbean. We did paid about $100 more for the same room type (balcony) but it was well worth it. We would have lost airfare and didnt want to risk it doing a 2 day cruise to Nassau esp when the ship just came out of dry dock... so this was the best for us. Carnival said we should get out refunds with 2-10 days. Lets pray so...or i will be calling them back. Its the best for Carnival to do this..but it kinda sucked for us cruisers who are pretty much screwed because it was an ongoing issue and deciding to dry dock on our sailing time. In a way I felt like Carnival jsut gave busines to RCCL. Alot of people switched over.....but this wont stop me from sailing with Carnival. I will give them a try at another time... maybe with a newer ship. This is my first cruise..and not the kind of experience I wanted. :rolleyes:

Good for you. You will really be impressed. Don't miss the ice show.

In my opinion you did great changing for $100. We were just on the Navigator in December and after we came back I wanted to cancel my Carnival booking and change to the Liberty of the Seas but since we booked ES we didn't want to lose our money.

Now that's taking lemons and making lemonade.

Have a great cruise.:)

Bill

Good for you. You will really be impressed. Don't miss the ice show.

In my opinion you did great changing for $100. We were just on the Navigator in December and after we came back I wanted to cancel my Carnival booking and change to the Liberty of the Seas but since we booked ES we didn't want to lose our money.

Now that's taking lemons and making lemonade.

Have a great cruise.:)

Bill

Thank you for the input. I knew we were doing this for a good reason!!!.. read some wonderful reviews for NOS..and now i cannot wait to go. I will def check out the Ice show.

Again..thanks!!!!:)

Sorry you had to cancel your Destiny cruise. My family and I were on the Navigator of the Seas in April 2008. Loved it!!! What a big and classy ship. Great stage shows and the promenade rocks. Have a great cruise!:)

Bill

Archived