Packing/Weather in Mediterranean

Need some advice on packing/weather tips. My husband and I are going on a cruise mid April in the Mediterranean hitting Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Messina, Amalfi, Rome. Wondering about the weather. I have been in Italy in mid April and it has been cold...60 degrees. What about on the ship? Do I take my winter coat and scarf? Is there anytime that it would warm up to sit at the pool on the ship? I am clueless how to pack.

I certainly would appreciate any tips!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We arrived Rome May 3rd last year for a precruise stay. It was a bit chilly during the day but QUITE chilly at night. (alot warmer than our November visit tho :))

11 days later....... post cruise stay. Quite warm during the day and nice at night. Still a jacket tho.

Check out the historic weather information for your ports on the website wunderground dot com. The details available there should assist you.

Agree with our neighbor, Pam, in Cincinnati, that this website

http://www.wunderground.com

can be very helpful.

BUT, that is only the "history" for certain dates and locations in the past. Clearly "layering" will be important as you will get cooler mornings and evenings, versus those mid-day periods when things tend to warm up more, hopefully, with some nice sunshine.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Weather in Mediterranean is really wet..brings things to defend your self against rain and wind!

What a broad statement. Depends on when mostly. It can rain anytime.

We have been twice......

First trip - not a drop. A bit of fog in Dubrovnik but no rain.

Second trip - a light 4-5 minute shower in Rome post cruise.

That's it. We brought $ store umbrellas (real small ones) and $ store rain ponchos (2 in a pack) and did not use them once. Left them in the cabin on the ship.

What a broad statement. Depends on when mostly. It can rain anytime.

We have been twice......

First trip - not a drop. A bit of fog in Dubrovnik but no rain.

Second trip - a light 4-5 minute shower in Rome post cruise.

Agree totally with our Texas friend. We have had many trips to Italy and around the Med. We've had some very nice weather and not any major rain problems. Prepare for the worst that could or might happen, but enjoy the best. It's a super great area!!!

Agree totally with our Texas friend. We have had many trips to Italy and around the Med. We've had some very nice weather and not any major rain problems. Prepare for the worst that could or might happen, but enjoy the best. It's a super great area!!!

Hey Terry - any pics of Rome ? Bet you have some good ones !

Hey Terry - any pics of Rome ? Bet you have some good ones !

THANKS for noticing and mentioning! YES, will have lots of Italy, southern France, Spain, etc., pictures coming soon! Our last visit to Italy was in 1999 and that was in the old, old days of "FILM NEGATIVES"!!! Remember that ancient way of doing things before digital got good in the early and mid 2000's???? A huge amount of pictures and slides going back to my first Europe visit in 1970 have been digitized and converted. I hope to have those back in the next couple of weeks. I sent out about 85 rolls of film negatives. Watch out what you wish for!!! Will post more soon after added review and fine-tuning. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Archived