travel agents

Mrs. Ram

I haven't been on here in a while and have never cruised with Celebrity but I have been trying to decide on a weekend cruise in March to go on with one of my girlfriends. We came across the century on March 25 and we are leaning towards it but I have been getting the same price with everyone that I call. It is just a little bit more than what we were looking to pay and I have had a tough time finding a good travel agent online. Anyone have any suggestions? I would also like any info on this cruise line/ ship that anyone would like to offer! I am hoping that this thread isn't against the rules. I have just had no luck with google. Thanks in advance!

I don't know what other lines you are considering but remember many times, you get what you pay for. I have cruised Century 4 times and have loved each one of my cruises.

Like many cruise lines, X does not allow TAs to discount cruises. You can find some deals from TAs that will offer on board credits or wine. However, Century usually sails short sailings and thus the commissions are lower and the OBC are rare.

Feel free to ask any questions to may have.

Actually, nobody can recommend a TA to you as you had it correctly

in your post...it is against CC policy to name Travel Agents on here.

But Joe is correct...the price is the price.

Hi Joe, hope you are doing well:)

Thank You for the quick response! I was thinking exactly what you just said....basically everywhere is offering the same price. You can get $50 onboard credit but in order to do that you need to pay at least $50 pp more to have an oceanview and this is just not important to us this time since it will be a 4 day to places I have seen many times before. This is just a relaxing girls weekend away! The last ship I was on was Carnival Freedom so I am going down in size a bit but I am sure it will be an upgrade in service from what I have been hearing. I just feel a little guilty spending close to $400 on a cruise when I am leaving the rest of the fam at home. We made a deal that if we can find a great deal, then we go. If not, we stay. I am wondering if waiting until the last minute will benefit us or not :confused:

Sometimes the prices do drop closer to sailing date. If you can wait

a few weeks and book really last minute (you said you are looking for

March) maybe in the middle/late Feb the price will drop.

Its the old adage....SUPPLY AND DEMAND;)

Oh, no apology necessary...you live and learn:)

Thanks Lois! I am hoping that I have the patience to wait. I am nervous to wait since it is during Spring Break (from what I've been told.) In plus, I love the feeling of booking a cruise:D!We are able to wait to book until right before sailing. I am just trying to be brave enough to wait and crossing my fingers that the prices don't go up or the ship get sold out!

Is there a way to edit the subject of this thread and the first post. I dont want anyone getting angry about my post

Yes,.....see the edit button below on the bottom right side?

It you started the post within the last 15 minutes..click on it and then

hit "go advanced" and you can change the title.....otherwise no.

But don't worry about it.

You won't be able to...its been more than 15....don't worry. If you are really concerned,

you can triangle (upper right side) one of the moderators and they can change the title for you.

Which week in March? You going to drive down from NC? You have 4 weeks in February....

Leaving March 25. I am driving to Atlanta because my Mom has offered to watch my daughter for the weekend. Then, driving down from Atlanta to Miami. My husband is military so we are always driving somewhere!

Leaving March 25. I am driving to Atlanta because my Mom has offered to watch my daughter for the weekend. Then, driving down from Atlanta to Miami. My husband is military so we are always driving somewhere!

Ohhh..so you have the whole month of Feb and part of March.

Thank your hubby for his service:)

I haven't been on here in a while and have never cruised with Celebrity but I have been trying to decide on a weekend cruise in March to go on with one of my girlfriends. We came across the century on March 25 and we are leaning towards it but I have been getting the same price with everyone that I call. It is just a little bit more than what we were looking to pay and I have had a tough time finding a good travel agent online. Anyone have any suggestions? I would also like any info on this cruise line/ ship that anyone would like to offer! I am hoping that this thread isn't against the rules. I have just had no luck with google. Thanks in advance!

The cruise you're looking at is running approx. $289 pp plus $82 in taxes for an inside. I honestly don't see Celebrity discounting it any lower than that. FWIW, a TA commission on that would be less than $20 pp, so I don't think you're going to find a sweeter deal from any TA since it's not a very profitable (for them) cruise.

You're basically looking at a Celebrity cruise going for less than $90/pp/night. That's a pretty good deal!

Jo-Ann

It is a really good deal but just having a hard time deciding for sure if it would be more worth it for me to spend $371pp on this cruise or wait and try to go on Norwegian or Carnival who seem to be dropping theirs to around about $170-$200 at the last minute. I have always done the 7 day cruises and have sometimes gone for arpund $500pp so I guess that is why I am having a hard time with it! Also, with it just being me and a friend, I don't see us girls having a bad time on any cruise. Just trying to decide if I want to pay for what some people have said to be better service. Thinking we will probably just wait it out and see what happens...

It is a really good deal but just having a hard time deciding for sure if it would be more worth it for me to spend $371pp on this cruise or wait and try to go on Norwegian or Carnival who seem to be dropping theirs to around about $170-$200 at the last minute. I have always done the 7 day cruises and have sometimes gone for arpund $500pp so I guess that is why I am having a hard time with it! Also, with it just being me and a friend, I don't see us girls having a bad time on any cruise. Just trying to decide if I want to pay for what some people have said to be better service. Thinking we will probably just wait it out and see what happens...

When you see prices of under $200, generally it doesn't include taxes and fees, so you're likely to pay just about as much on Carnival and/or NCL as you would with Celebrity.

I've done Century before and it's a very nice ship. In fact, we just booked the four nighter for April 8 with my sister's family.

I don't think you'll regret going with Celebrity. Dollar for dollar, I think you'll find it a nicer experience than Carnival and/or NCL.

Jo-Ann

Make sure you check to see what military discounts may be available for you. ( if any) but be sure to check!

Also, make sure to thank you husband for his service. My family and I appreciate his service and sends our thanks and blessings.

OMB

Archived