Different Regent Air Question

cruzndiz

For the first time we will be using Regent Air rather than FF miles and I keep hearing about these "Star Alliance" airlines they use..... anyway, in another post I saw US Airways was one of the airlines and I thought YIKES!! Their lost/delayed luggage percentage is sky high!!!:eek:

I hope they use other traditional airlines as well (Delta, American, Continental?) so that my odds of getting one of those increases. Unlike Jim B I'm in the NY Metro area so we have lots and lots of flight options.

Getting back to the U.S. from that part of the world isn't the easiest thing (we did that in December on United Airlines). Your TA would probably have a good idea of which airline Regent would use. Their contract only allows for a certain amount of passengers per flight. So, if their preferred airline is full, they look at others (did that make sense?)

Anyway, my guess would be that they would use United or Delta. United uses TA/TACA out of Lima. (Note: I searched Lima to JFK -- of course, there are other options -- as long as it is one of Regent's approved airports). No clue how they would route you to Ft. Lauderdale. Many times they use one airline on the way out and another coming back.

I know that Regent uses Delta (because we were booked on a good DL flight to Istanbul, until they--Delta-- cancelled it). So I know that Regent can sometimes use Delta. You don't need to pay the $100 (or whatever the fee is) to speak with the folks at the air office. All you need is a booking #, and they'll go over various options with you. At least that's what I found when I began looking into all this. They're helpful.

(We'll be flying USAirways back from Rome to Phila because it's the only non-stop, and that's pretty impt to us. Will have to cross fingers abt baggage.)

I'm using Regent's air next month out of Funchal. I was very surprised and pleased that they have me on British Air from Lisbon to Heathrow and on to O'Hare since I'm brand loyal to American and I earn miles on BA. The reason I went with Regent's air was because I couldn't get from Lisbon to O'Hare on American. But I do have to fly TAP from Funchal to Lisbon!

Since AA doesn't serve LIS it would have been difficult to get a flight on AA itself. However, you could buy AA-coded tickets that used a BA codeshare between LHR to LIS.

And sorry to tell you but you won't earn AAdvantage miles flying on BA between London and the USA. So, maybe you should have booked with AA after all.

I'm using Regent's air next month out of Funchal. I was very surprised and pleased that they have me on British Air from Lisbon to Heathrow and on to O'Hare since I'm brand loyal to American and I earn miles on BA. The reason I went with Regent's air was because I couldn't get from Lisbon to O'Hare on American. But I do have to fly TAP from Funchal to Lisbon!

Lisbon to Heathrow is really considered a local flight. I was reading about the BA/American "Joint Business Agreement" (here is a link -- you have to click on the subject(s) http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ba-aa-ib-jointbusiness/public/en_gb). It doesn't say if/when it will take effect. The BA alliances seem a bit complex -- we recently received Alaska Air miles on our BA flight. Hope this works out for you. If you have checked with American Airlines, they would be the best source.

Thanks for the tips on miles. I was told by Aadvantage Platinum that, as FlyerTalker said, I will not earn miles across the pond, only on the Lisbon-Heathrow portion. But since American's flight out of Lisbon goes to Gatwick and the ORD flights go out of Heathrow, I'm sticking with Regent's air. When I originally called American for flights from Lisbon to ORD, the agent sort of giggled and said you can't do that. I'm taking a Douro River cruise in July from Lisbon and I'm flying American ORD/Heathrow and BA Heathrow/Lisbon. No miles earned on those flights since I paid with miles!

Archived