Name change on 24 hour hold?

Hello,

I'm sure I could call but I've been so impressed with this site I figure I can get an answer here first! :)

I've got a 24 hour courtesy hold via online booking. I need to change my guests name. Is this possible? I would just cancel and re book but the deal was good and apparently "gone" now. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Wait until you book it and then it change be change. Call though and talk to a live person, I wouldn't attempt it on the website.

Good advice since the OP stated that the good deal is now 'gone'. You can always change the name later.

If it were me, I'd...

Put deposit on the 24 hour courtesy hold, online.

THEN CALL & change the guests name.

It is typically easy to do a name change if you are outside of final payment due date. AFTER final due date (say you are sailing sooner rather than later), then name changes can be subject to an additional cruise line AND agency fee.

If it were me, I'd...

Put deposit on the 24 hour courtesy hold, online.

THEN CALL & change the guests name.

It is typically easy to do a name change if you are outside of final payment due date. AFTER final due date (say you are sailing sooner rather than later), then name changes can be subject to an additional cruise line AND agency fee.

If they are booking on line there is no agency...so no fee and most do NOT charge fees besides. Also names are changed all the time and not charged.

Or to make it even simpler...........log in online and do it yourself as there is no need to call when you have held in online as you will have the buttons to change things yourself. After logging in go into your reservation and then where you see the MODIFY button beside the passengers name CLICK on it. Simply change the names as to what you like and then click save and you are done.:)

Or to make it even simpler...........log in online and do it yourself as there is no need to call when you have held in online as you will have the buttons to change things yourself. After logging in go into your reservation and then where you see the MODIFY button beside the passengers name CLICK on it. Simply change the names as to what you like and then click save and you are done.:)

That's what I was wanting to do but I cant find the MODIFY button. Will look gain and report back! Thanks!

I'm not seeing the MODIFY button beside the passengers name.

That's what I was wanting to do but I cant find the MODIFY button. Will look gain and report back! Thanks!

I'm not seeing the MODIFY button beside the passengers name.

Only the owner of the reservation will have the Modify button. Who is listed as the first guest.....you or someone else? Did you make the reservation and hold in under your account or did someone else put the cabin on hold?

Only the owner of the reservation will have the Modify button. Who is listed as the first guest.....you or someone else? Did you make the reservation and hold in under your account or did someone else put the cabin on hold?

That would be me. My account, etc. I don't get it. :)

If the rates have been changed... 1 of the original names must be on the booking to keep those rates.

Nope not in this case. The reservation is simply on hold so no deposit has been made so both names could be changed if needed. I have done this myself. However once a deposit is made on the reservation than one of the original names would have to remain and one could be changed.:)

Nope not in this case. The reservation is simply on hold so no deposit has been made so both names could be changed if needed. I have done this myself. However once a deposit is made on the reservation than one of the original names would have to remain and one could be changed.:)

If a deposit has not been made and the rates have increased since they originally placed the courtesy hold on the reservation rates are subject to new pricing for ANY changes made (at the discretion of the cruiseline and res. agent being discussed with).

OP is only talking about changing one, so not an issue.

You're correct. I've looked all over the place and can't figure it out online. Even started down the payment road but I simple can't find a place to modify my guest for the life of me. Price it still showing the same. Guess I'll be forced to call soon! :)

OT, does anyone know of a site that shows actual cabin availability (like expert flyer shows available seats for flights?)

Thanks again all!

You're correct. I've looked all over the place and can't figure it out online. Even started down the payment road but I simple can't find a place to modify my guest for the life of me. Price it still showing the same. Guess I'll be forced to call soon! :)

OT, does anyone know of a site that shows actual cabin availability (like expert flyer shows available seats for flights?)

Thanks again all!

Not a big deal, just call, you would have had it changed by now. LOL

Interesting ... I would have guessed the "one original must remain" rule would stay in place to keep people from locking in a rate then trying to sell it to others ... though I guess that wouldn't be too feasible with such a short time frame.

Interesting ... I would have guessed the "one original must remain" rule would stay in place to keep people from locking in a rate then trying to sell it to others ... though I guess that wouldn't be too feasible with such a short time frame.

No not when the reservation is simply on courtesy hold. I've held two cabins before under my name and then booked one for me and had the other changed to friends names. Once you put down a deposit then you cannot change both names.

If a deposit has not been made and the rates have increased since they originally placed the courtesy hold on the reservation rates are subject to new pricing for ANY changes made (at the discretion of the cruiseline and res. agent being discussed with).

That is not true. I've held two cabins while I was deciding which one to choose and some friends decided to go also. The next day the price was much higher and my friends and I did a 3 way call with RCI and had the second cabin changed out of my name into her and her boyfriends name. This was not the first time that I have done this and NO the reservation was not subject to any new increased pricing.:rolleyes: The pricing stayed the same!

Archived