Ordering a wine package

or wait until you'll get on the ship and save 20% of the website prices...:)
Really? I don't drink wine but my parents always order a package for themselves. They are trying to order their package now for July and are getting that message, is it really cheaper if you wait until you get to the ship?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Really? I don't drink wine but my parents always order a package for themselves. They are trying to order their package now for July and are getting that message, is it really cheaper if you wait until you get to the ship?

BonVoyage

Dawna

All I can tell you is that there was a sales desk set up on the Grandeur as soon as we got on the ship and the packages were discounted 20%. The desk was around for another day, still offering 20% discount.

If nothing else, they can always just order the package at the same price once they get on the ship. It won't be any higher.

All I can tell you is that there was a sales desk set up on the Grandeur as soon as we got on the ship and the packages were discounted 20%. The desk was around for another day, still offering 20% discount.

If nothing else, they can always just order the package at the same price once they get on the ship. It won't be any higher.

I was under the impression that the price was the same whether you pre-ordered or waited until you were on board. I've seen them advertise the wine package as saving up to 25% when compared to the wine list. Is it possible that's what they meant instead of 20% off of the wine package price? I would definitely wait until on the ship if it's 20% less.

We have 70 days till our cruise. Fully paid. Tried to book a wine package on the cruise enhancements page on the reservation and the message was to try nearer to the sailing date.

Anyone know how long before that might be?

Many thanks.

We're sailing 2/8 and the packages were opened on line about 2 weeks before. We were going to get one, but decided to wait until we get on board so we can use OBC for it.

It would be great if we can get another 20% off as andrzej5914 says. Hopefully that deal is still in place next week.

It's not cheaper to buy it on the cruise, but there are several reasons that someone might or might not want to pre-pay for their wine package.

For example, we wanted to spread out the bill for our cruise, and this way the wine was paid off before our trip, and not added to our on-board expenses.

We also knew that we were going to use a different credit card (for the Spring Discover Card 5% cash back on travel promo).

The main reason to not pre-order is typically to use on-board credit.

We have pre-ordered twice and both times had a hard time to get our sticker situated in the Main Dining Room, so we might not do it again- or if we do, we will remember to bring the print out of our pre-paid confirmation to the MDR with us.

Also- pay attention to the number of bottles you have used, there was some confusion about that and we almost got shorted our last bottle.

Either way that you purchase it, the 15% tip will be added, so when you are comparing prices, some people have it included when they mention the packages, some don't. It also pays to go over the wine list and compare the per-bottle prices to see what savings you are getting per bottle by purchasing the wine package. You could end up getting a bottle that would have been cheaper to order directly from the wine list- and remember the purpose is to save money!!

Hello everyone, I ordered a 7 bottle wine package on our Jewel of the Seas cruise this past December. I did it online, about a week before the cruise. It was a ten day cruise and we basically drank our bottles at the main dinning room. On our first night the waiter knew that we had purchased the wine package and gave us the wine list for the specific package we ordered, and the wine list stayed at the table until we had finished the cruise. They kept excellent track of how many bottles we had had. I would hesitate to put an specific percentage on the savings, as some some of the bottles in the list were under the average price of the package (I peeked at a regular wine list and made a quick comparison). They added a 15% tip with the invoice. Good luck on your cruise, and enjoy! :)

We have 70 days till our cruise. Fully paid. Tried to book a wine package on the cruise enhancements page on the reservation and the message was to try nearer to the sailing date.

Anyone know how long before that might be?

Many thanks.

Are you sailing from Barcelona? We sailed there in late November and could not book a wine package online. I heard that it was because of some sort of local tax that RCI would have to pay. I don't know if that was true, but I just signed up for my wine package and my Coke package right on the ship. They are stationed just outside the Windjammer on departure day.

Thank you all for your replies. I will wait till closer to sailing and try again. But it seems there is no advantage to pre-ordering as opposed to ordering the package once on board. ;)

There is no advantage to pre buying other than prepaying it. There is a risk that they will screw up your pre-order and then you will get to pay for it again, and have to deal with Miami to get your credit card straightened out. I has happened to me. They made it right, but it did add stress.

Youwash

I think it is 20% off if you bought the 5-7 bottles seperately. You are not penalized for buying pre cruise. Enjoy your wine!!

You are correct. The savings is over individual bottles and it makes no difference in pricing if you purchase a Wine and Dine package on the internet or on the ship.

I've done it both ways.

If you don't finish the bottle of wine, can you have it sent to your cabin instead of having the dining room hold it for the next evening?

You can carry it out of the dining room if you'd like. Not sure about having it sent to your cabin.

Price?

Pick an average red wine (not too pricey)

How much for a glass of this wine?

How much for a bottle?

Critterchick has typed up the wine list with the prices. Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1128829

I took her typed up wine list and the wine package list and compared prices. Here's a link to that: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1129043

Are you sailing from Barcelona? We sailed there in late November and could not book a wine package online. I heard that it was because of some sort of local tax that RCI would have to pay. I don't know if that was true, but I just signed up for my wine package and my Coke package right on the ship. They are stationed just outside the Windjammer on departure day.

We are sailing from Sydney. Rhapsody.Looks like a great cruise via Tahiti to Hawaii.

• 1 month later...

I have read some reviews of the Rhapsody. A couple of the reviewers mention an Australian Wine Package which can only be bought on-board.

Whilst I may be considerered bias, as an Australian, we make the best wine in the world. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be still available for my cruse on April 12.

It may be better to wait until boarding to by a package.

We are sailing from Sydney. Rhapsody.Looks like a great cruise via Tahiti to Hawaii.

I have read some reviews of the Rhapsody. A couple of the reviewers mention an Australian Wine Package which can only be bought on-board.

Whilst I may be considerered bias, as an Australian, we make the best wine in the world. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be still available for my cruse on April 12.

It may be better to wait until boarding to by a package.

I was one who mentioned the Australia/New Zealand (equal time for the Kiwis;)) package. Rhapsody still has the old wine list and wine package - the maitre d' told me that they won't switch to the new one until they're back in North America. So I'd wait to see what they have - the selection changes depending on what the Hotel Director comes up with.

As for Australian wines being the best, I'd at least put you in Italy's league.:)

Archived