Margaritaville Menu/Grand Cayman

theverro

Hello, so I hear the food and drinks at the Grand Cayman Margaritaville is crazy expensive, but it's one of those "gotta do once" things. Does anyone have a picture of the menus or tell me where i can find it, just so that I know that the approximate damage will be.

Also, is there really a pool in the restaurant, and can anyone use it???

Thanks,

Richard

Hello, so I hear the food and drinks at the Grand Cayman Margaritaville is crazy expensive, but it's one of those "gotta do once" things.

IMO, it isn't. Some of the "gotta do things" in GCM are: Stingray City, Turtle Farm, and Snorkeling trip.

Actually, the best thing to do by FAR is scuba dive, IMO.

My UW photos of Grand Cayman

Beautiful pictures Bruce! Makes me wish I could scuba. We are going to snorkel for the day - any places you would recommend?

Have fun at Margaritaville. I've only been to the one in Key West. It was a lot like a Hard Rock there. I've heard it is expensive but have no idea how expensive.

Beautiful pictures Bruce! Makes me wish I could scuba. We are going to snorkel for the day - any places you would recommend?
Eden Rock is nice and close. If you don't have your own snorkel gear, you can rent it at one of 2 near by dive shops.

edenrockmap.jpg

Crazy Expensive is right. We were there around Christmas and it was a miserable day, our Stingray excursion was cancelled due to 4-6' high waves, so we thought lets hang out at Margaritaville......$225.00 later, we were feeling good, had alot of fun, but WOW!!!:eek:

heres a picture of the pool in the caymans at Jimmy Buffets.

we got a menu from the bar we were on our Honeymoon and asked the bartender for one, and she gave us one. I can take some pictures and post them if you would like , but like everyone says very pricey , me and the wife drank and ate there was around 100.00 for just the two of us.

10-8-2006-170.jpg

Hello, so I hear the food and drinks at the Grand Cayman Margaritaville is crazy expensive, but it's one of those "gotta do once" things. Does anyone have a picture of the menus or tell me where i can find it, just so that I know that the approximate damage will be.

Also, is there really a pool in the restaurant, and can anyone use it???

Thanks,

Richard

There is a pool in the restaurant! I was in it about 3 days ago! Also, a small waterslide and swim-up pool bar!

Like most things in GC, it is VERY expensive. The house margaritas were $7.25 or $7.50 in CAYMAN DOLLARS. The current exchange was $1 GC Dollar = $1.25 USD. So, the margarita was more like $10 US. The burgers are around $12-$13 US.

Put it this way, my wife and I split the Volcano Nachos and each had 2 house margaritas. After tip (which they automatically included) it was $57 US.

• 1 month later...

Is the pool and waterslide free to use for guests at the restaurant or is there a fee?

Secondly, Please don't shoot me over this, Is the food and water (ice) safe to eat and drink in Grand Cayman?

We are new to crusing and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Secondly, Please don't shoot me over this, Is the food and water (ice) safe to eat and drink in Grand Cayman?

Not sure about the pool questions since we haven't used it, but I can assure you that the food and water is very safe, probably safer than a lot of small towns in the States. :D I drink the tap water all the time (we have a vacation home there) and I've never had even the slightest problem. It's a very nice, clean, safe, friendly island...

The Margaritaville pool was free for guest use the last time I was there. I don't suspect that anything has changed.

Most water in Cayman is produced by desalinating sea water via reverse osmosis. This leaves the water cleaner, from a microbiological standpoint, than the vast majority of public water systems in the United States.

West Bay and Seven Mile Beach areas are serviced by the Cayman Water Company. The rest of Grand Cayman is serviced by the Water Authority. You can take home a little extra piece of Cayman but buying stock in the Cayman Water Company, a publically traded company listed on the NASDAQ as CWCO.

Where is Turtle Farm? What is there? Stingray City? Looking for things to do in Grand Caymen as we are renting a car and touring on our own. Thanks

Stingray City - take a boat to the sandbar. Walk with and feed the stingrays. Then usually a couple of snorkel stops after and then lunch on the beach or drop you at the beach. Nativeway, Captain Marvin, Soto, Moby Dick are a bunch of local guides to take you there.

Some will even incorporate the turtle farm as well. Or you can go to the Turtle Farm and then to Hell and back then hang out on the beach. Lots of cool stuff. Rum Point is supposed to be nice as well.

Thank you fellow crusiers for helping with my questions about Margaritaville. In addition, I really appreciate the answers about drinking the water in GC, I will not have to worry now. Cari. :)

PS, just found out that there will be 6 ships in port same time as ours so I may reconsider Margaritaville as it may be way tooo crowded. We were really on the fence about doing an excursion in this port so thought Margaritaville would be a good alt.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO Margaritaville is way overrated! I had heard so much about it, so we had to stop and see for ourselves. We (4 adults) had 4 teens with us, and spent about 30 minutes there. Four margaritas, 4 sodas + 2 orders of chips and salsa set us back $78. It was Spring Break, so the crowd was pretty rowdy...free shots of tequilla, dance contest, etc (it was noon!)....I'm not a prude, but couldn't get the kids out of there fast enough!! :eek:

IMO Margaritaville is way overrated! I had heard so much about it, so we had to stop and see for ourselves. We (4 adults) had 4 teens with us, and spent about 30 minutes there. Four margaritas, 4 sodas + 2 orders of chips and salsa set us back $78. It was Spring Break, so the crowd was pretty rowdy...free shots of tequilla, dance contest, etc (it was noon!)....I'm not a prude, but couldn't get the kids out of there fast enough!! :eek:

I agree. We went there last week. It was dark & creepy inside the restaurant and very loud. We did get a table on one of the little balconies, which was nice - but the food was blah and my drink came in a small plastic cup. If you're going all the way to GC just for Margaritaville, you can save your money.

Archived