Any Buckeye Cruisers Out There?

Ghost

Hi Linda -

Small world, huh?! We don't have another cruise planned right now. Have to put a new roof and gutters on our house so may have to delay it until summer or maybe even next year. Our last cruise (#20) was on the Caribbean Princess.

We live near Highland Meadows - not far from Centennial Quarry.

Kathy

We live in Chardon, an eastern suburb of Cleveland. Go Browns(maybe next year??)LOL

Hi there!

I'm a "NEWBURY GIRL"! Been down here for over 20 years, though. Used to work up in Painesville at the now-closed Lake County Telegraph.

My hang-out was CHARDON BEVERAGE on Water Street. Tony and Loretta Pasquale used to own it. Fun, WILD place:eek:

So glad to see so many Buckeyes!! And.....so many right in my neighborhood:)

We are looking forward to the next round of snow predicted for this weekend (just kidding):mad: The winters have never bothered me like this year, I am so ready for spring and we have'nt even gotten through Jan. yet! I was sure with all of the rain that we had last week, Princess could have formed a new port right here in Hilliard! Would that not be fantastic, can you tell I love to cruise.

Our next cruise is in July(way too far away). We decided to do the British Isles cruise so have been doing lots of research. Any fellow Buckeyes have advice to share? We loved all of the Carribean cruises that we have taken, we wanted to do something different.

Well, think I will shovel a while:rolleyes:

Linda

Linda -

We got 4" of snow last night and of course, my husband is out of town. Up at 5:30 this morning to clear the driveway so I could get to work. Thank goodness for a snow blower! I'm with you - now that Christmas is over, the snow can go away and spring can come. But, with this only being January, I'm afraid we still have a ways to go with winter. Deosn't help when I talk to my brother and sister in Florida and it's 80 there.

Oh well, hopefully in a couple of years, we'll be out of these Ohio winters!

Kathy

GO BUCKS ! ! !

GO STEELERS ! ! !

Ikmamom;

We did a land tour of Britian and Wales and Ireland last year, but not by sea..We did cross the Irish sea on a transport..Now, that was a Hoot!..Took 6 hours in the highest and most fierce water I have ever been on..Memorable! I would love to do your cruise...Bet it will be wonderful, and WARM!

Linda -

We got 4" of snow last night and of course, my husband is out of town. Up at 5:30 this morning to clear the driveway so I could get to work. Thank goodness for a snow blower! I'm with you - now that Christmas is over, the snow can go away and spring can come. But, with this only being January, I'm afraid we still have a ways to go with winter. Deosn't help when I talk to my brother and sister in Florida and it's 80 there.

Oh well, hopefully in a couple of years, we'll be out of these Ohio winters!

Kathy

GO BUCKS ! ! !

GO STEELERS ! ! ![/QUOTe

Oh Kathy just could not resist....how exciting that you are a Buckeye AND Steelers fan!!!! Love my Steelers.(Our Steelers!)

I would say that your hubby owes you a day of pampering for getting up so early to shovel, 4 inches.I feel really guilty for complaining, we only have a couple of inches here. School was out today which was nice. I always like having our son home.

Elmtree, thanks for the advice. I really hope that the seas are calm. To be honest I am really worried about the motion. My grandmother was Irish, so I am really anxious to see Ireland. July is so far away.

Right now, I think that we should all go visit Kathy's brother and sister! Anyone up for a trip to Florida???

Linda

Linda -

Have been a Steelers fan FOREVER - take a lot of heat up here as most people are Browns or Lions fans. My brother who lives in Florida has Ohio State season football tickets and they fly up for all the home games. We usually get tickets to several games, too.

I'm with you, let's head to Florida! We spent Thanksgiving down there and it was gorgeous. Makes me know I won't miss Ohio winters when we retire!

Kathy

Yeaaa Steelers....We are Buckeye retirees from western Pa..so we are lifelong Steeler fans..with a Steeler party each Sunday that they play...This week will be a large family affair! If you open you windows, and are in the state, you might hear my sons and husband yelling Sunday afternoon..ha..

I'm a native Clevelander & Ohio State graduate, but unfortunately I've left the heavenly Midwest and live in the worst state in the union - Connecticut. That's one of the reasons we cruise so much, so that we can get out of this state where the people are cold-hearted and rude, and just not the quality place we're use to. We went on two cruises before we moved here in late 2000. We've been on 9 since then ... not to mention the many land vacations we've experienced in that time. I try to get to one Ohio State game a year. Go Buckeyes. I hate UConn!

Hello fellow Buckeyes! We are in Cincinnati and hating this cold weather. I am so ready to move to the Carolinas. Our next cruise is 12/17/05 on the Caribbean Princess--oh, soooo far away....

I know it must be snowing up north cause the Ohio River is swelling from all the runoff.

Good to hear from all of you that can relate to my continuous longing to take a Caribbean escape!

Buckeye from Montpelier.....but won't complain about the weather. I love it here ...... much better than the heat and humidity down south. The snow birds can have it. Speaking of weather, I'm wondering what's coming for the weekend. We hope to go down for the hockey game Saturday, but it's not looking too good. Go Buckeyes !!! Beat Michigan (again)

NWBuckeye -

My husband graduated from Montpelier High School - Go Locos!

I hear we're in for another bunch of snow this week-end. My husband, his brothers and nephews are heading to Cleveland tomorrow for some big college wrestling tournament - hope they beat the bad weather. Being on the lake, Cleveland usually gets really dumped on.

You can keep this cold and snow - once Christmas is over I want it to go away and stay away! Can't wait to head south when we retire. We don't even have a cruise to look forward to right now. Oh well, we've been on 20 so guess I shouldn't complain and right now house repairs have to come first.

Kathy

Archived