Any Buckeye Cruisers Out There?

Ghost

We got 12" of snow here in NW Ohio - how'd the rest of you do? Winter can go away any time now - I'm SO sick of it!

The others are right - Alaska cruises are GREAT. We went in late June and it was warm enough that the most we needed was a swetshirt with shorts except when we took the helicopter trip to the glacier. The pools were even open on board.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

We were so surprised that the huge snow missed us. We had about 2-3 inches and some sleet but it is bitterly cold. Yes, I have had my fill of snow as well. I guess there is some truth to this being the most depressing day. I went to the bookstore to get some travel books to continue research for our summer cruise.

12 inches!!!!! Wow unbelievable, did they close schools today? They closed public schools here but the Catholic schools were in session so our son started the week feeling like he was cheated a snow day. It is not that bad, just very cold.

What happened to our Steelers? I really cheered for them even to the bitter end. Oh well.............Have a great day!

Linda

Woke up this morning about 5 a.m. and discovered someone had stolen all of the degrees outside. Thermometer in our back yard read absolute zero.

Working on news stories today at home. Computer is near our picture window through which I can see a near perfect snowman made by the neighbor children across the street over the weekend. :)

Hilliard hasn't had a good amount of packing snow for some time. Feels good to see that cold creation out my window while my furnace keeps cranking inside the house.

Guess I'd better hold on to that memory until after the gas bill arrives later this month. :eek:

Dianne

Hi Kathy! We have some snow from last week on the ground (maybe 4 inches) but we missed the big weekend snow. We were supposed to get some sleet & snow overnight Friday but it stayed north east of us. We had snow on Saturday but it didn't do much accumulation. The salt trucks took care of it.

So you still don't have a cruise planned yet. Hum.. There's one in October that is only 7 days on the Mariner :D . The Sun Princess cruise is less than 5 weeks away. We tried twisting your arm last summer but understand the timing. Some day we should do a Ohio group cruise. That would be fun. You could bring your hula girl ;)

Linda - I'm with you, I was cheering for the Steelers until the bitter end - thought they might be able to do it. Ben is from this area and we watched him play all through college - Oh well, there's always next year! No schools closed around here today. Roads are pretty clear just HUGE piles of snow everywhere. With our cold temps. think it'll be around for a while. Schools around here have already been closed 5-6 days and it's only January.

Hi Maureen - Sure wish we had a cruise in the works but have some house issues that have to be taken care of first - new roof along with eaves and gutters. Maybe summer or fall, just have to see how things go. Would love to join you guys on one of the group cruises but don't think so this year. We did one on the Millenium a few years ago with Red and E and a large group of CA's and it was great. I still have my little hula girl and always reminds me of our fun gathering this summer. An Ohio cruise would be great. Say hi to Laura for me!

Kathy

Here are a couple more Buckeye's for ya!! We live in Painesville, about 20 miles east of Cleveland. Brrrrr.. although it's a balmy 31 degrees this morning. Looking forward to our Dawn Princess cruise in 2 weeks. Will be basking in the sun and warm for 10 days in the So. Caribbean. Can't wait.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Tami: Enjoy your cruise on the Dawn! We sailed her out of SJ in Nov/03. We really enjoy the southern Caribbean routes. St. Kitts and Grenada were teriffic.

We just bumbed around the port area at both stops. Brought back a huge bag of spices from Grenada.

Dianne

We really enjoy the southern Caribbean routes. St. Kitts and Grenada were teriffic.

We just bumbed around the port area at both stops. Brought back a huge bag of spices from Grenada.

Dianne

Great! I like hearing that.

Glad that you had a good time here :D

Hey Jumbie! I guess school hasn't started back yet for you. Hey.. maybe you can provide some feedback on Grenada. What's the comparison between Mandoo's and Pete's Mystic tours? There is a $15 price difference. Are they comparable? I'm going to be arriving on the Sun the begining of March.

(sorry buckeye posters.. if any of you know please share).

Nope, I don't resume till the 8th although I have registration and other goodies next week.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you the difference as I've never done either. I just know that so far as I've seen, Mandoo hasn't gotten a bad review yet and I've heard very little about Pete. I'm sure he gives a great tour as well, but I'm not able to say one or the other. Sorry!

Jumbie

I remember pulling in to the bay at Grenada and swear that I have seen the bay in some of the old pirate movies from the 50's and 60's. Any idea what (if any) movies used the island for location?

Charlie

With apologies to the Ohio Thread. There isn't a Grenada Port of Call Board.

Couldn't resist joining your thread. There are 6 of us cruising on the Caribbean Princess on 3/5/05....all of us are from Ohio with the exception of my husband (California boy). My brother and his wife (Cincinnati) have season tickets and are hugh fans! My Mom & Dad are huge fans although they have moved to sunny California with us. Originally from Elyria, but stayed faithful Buckeye fans!! We cruised several years ago and met another couple from Dayton who had a Buckeye room.....the people you can meet on a cruise!!! Ha! Ha!

kathy

Hi Everyone, Banditsmom22 here and I live in Streetsboro, Ohio just a little northeast of Akron. And yes, it is just too darn cold here for humans. My friend and I are on the 4/19/05 Dawn Princess cruise to the western caribbean and I can't wait. Will be my first cruise and I'm really excited. I have gotten a lot of really good information from these forums and I thank all you veteran cruisers for sharing your experiences, it really helps us virgin cruisers tremendously.:D

Hi all...

Dayton here...Haven't seen anyone else from Dayton in any of the posts I've read...:( The closest is Cincy.

Next up will be the CP...our first time with Princess. Can't wait to go. I have to admit that we definitely want to move out of Ohio at some point in the not-so-distant future. I'm so sick of snow and slush and bitter cold!! Florida is sounding better and better. I just want to be a beach bunny!!

GO BUCKS!!!

Melody

Archived