Isla Margarita

crisp1

How inexpensive are we talking (can't pass up a good deal)

are they only white pearls or colored ones too?

Thanks Squeeky for your comments. He's right. The cost of pearls is very cheap, cheaper than you'll find anywhere else. Some people have found strands for as low as $6. Now, you have to keep in mind that the lower the price the lower the quality of the pearls. A $10 strand of pearls are probably class "C" quality. The prices go up from there, and so do the qualities. There are dyed pearls in all colors. I want to stress that there are no "black pearls" at the port. If you find any black pearls then they are dyed. Black pearls are very special and VERY expensive. Many people mistake hematite stone for black pearls, too. They ask the vendor and the vendor says yes. The problem is, the vendor doesn't understand the question and guesses their answer. lol. It happens. We have great prices on stones, crystals and pearls. Hematite is among those. We also have magnetic hematite, which arthritic people like to use.

Kristina, thank you for clarifying that. That is what I figured, though I am still looking forward to buying some jewelry. We were in Tahiti last year and did indeed get a black pearl. I have seen gold nugget jewelry on a Isla Margarita website. Have you seen this? I think I am most looking forward to this island for my shopping!

Kristina, thank you for clarifying that. That is what I figured, though I am still looking forward to buying some jewelry. We were in Tahiti last year and did indeed get a black pearl. I have seen gold nugget jewelry on a Isla Margarita website. Have you seen this? I think I am most looking forward to this island for my shopping!
I don't remember seeing any gold nugget jewelry out at the port, but they might be somewhere. That's nice that you got a black pearl. I don't think that you'll be disapointed with the shopping. I'm sure you are going to have lots of fun, just go prepared with your information. :D

We were on the empress of the sea in Jan, and loved this island. We just went to the beach as you can walk there from the ship. You can also shop there as they have all the shops you will need. there is a bar on the beach and a great massage place.Mangrove Point beach and healing center. At the very end of the beach under the tent. You will pass several before them. $25 half hr. others at different prices. do not miss them. were there a few yr before and did the 4 wheeler from the ship. it was fine. about $85 pp

vlnovak,

We are sailing on the Empress on March 13 and trying to decide if we should book a tour through RCCL or not-I hope you won't mind if I ask you a few questions.

Is Mangrove Point Beach and Healing Center where you got your massage? Is there anyone special we should ask for? We usually choose just one island on our cruise to get a massage, was this the best "beach massage" you have gotten? What did you think of the beach near the ship dock-clear, calm,beautiuful blue caribbean waters?

Did you hear of anyone on the Empress that did the ships La Restinga excursion or hear of any other excursion worth doing?

Thanks for your info.

If you want to book a tour with Marcella and her husband you must email them at obrien1@casatrudel.com OR margarita.island@gmail.com

Hi

We are going to be in Mrag Island in March and, since it is such short time, I figured we would just shop, but I hate not seeing some sights. Where did Marcella take you?? How long was it, and the cost? Any Info would be great.

Stephanie and Wendy

Hi Stephanie and Wendy,

We will be on the island in March on the Empress of the Seas, and I have been trying to email Marcella but I just discovered we had the wrong email address and by the time I contacted them they are already booked.

I just wanted everyone to know how to get in contact with them to book a tour so I posted the two email addresses for everyone to use. From everything I have read they offer a great tour-maybe you will be lucky enough that they will have an open spot on your day there.

We have no idea what to do now, I, like you, want to see some sights so I guess I will book a RCL tour, just have no idea which one. We are not big shoppers-- want to see some of the island-- maybe we will check into La Restinga??

Hi Everyone!

I posted my question on the wrong board.

Is there anyone out there who has recently done the Dolphin Excursion??? I am trying to decide if it is worth $436 for me to take my kids. I understand the you are only in the water for about 20 - 30 minutes and that the groups are of about 30. Do you actually get to touch them?

I'd appreciate any help I can get.:confused:

Kristina, I will definitely come by your shop. You have been a wonderful advisor and even though you will not promote your shop (which is very admirable) I'd like to stop by and thank you personnally. I'll see you in March!

:D

Kristina, I will definitely come by your shop. You have been a wonderful advisor and even though you will not promote your shop (which is very admirable) I'd like to stop by and thank you personnally. I'll see you in March!

:D

That's always nice! I love meeting everyone. I'm here until the 22nd, then I'm gone. I hope I don't miss you.

Boy, am I glad to have found this thread. :)

We are booked on the Sun Princess for early February 2007, and Isla Margarita in one of the ports. I tried online and couldn't really find much info. There does not seem to be a Tourism Board to request a brochure from.

Thank goodness for Kristina and Klouised. At least now we know that we will find shopping and a beach near the port. We are only scheduled to be in port from 10A to 4P, so not enough time to do an excursion and still have time for serious shopping. I really hope we can find their booth.

Now that I have read everything on this thread, I'm really looking forward to arriving in this port.

Thank you K&K

Boy, am I glad to have found this thread. :)

We are booked on the Sun Princess for early February 2007, and Isla Margarita in one of the ports. I tried online and couldn't really find much info. There does not seem to be a Tourism Board to request a brochure from.

Thank goodness for Kristina and Klouised. At least now we know that we will find shopping and a beach near the port. We are only scheduled to be in port from 10A to 4P, so not enough time to do an excursion and still have time for serious shopping. I really hope we can find their booth.

Now that I have read everything on this thread, I'm really looking forward to arriving in this port.

Thank you K&K

I'm glad you found us (me, myself and I):D and all the other critics, and if you have any questions then just ask.

Kristina,

Is the beach right at the pier a beautiful white sand beach with very clear, calm , beautiful blue waters?

Do you know anything about the massages given at the end of the beach in a tent called Mangrove Pointe Beach and lightspring healing center? Is the beach and the waters at the pier as pretty as some of the other beaches on your island?

Thank you so much for your help.

That's always nice! I love meeting everyone. I'm here until the 22nd, then I'm gone. I hope I don't miss you.

We will be there on March 20th. Same cruise as LaceyJane. You have been so helpful with all of your answers I am hoping to get a chance to stop by. I haven't posted here before because everybody else has been so good about asking the right questions. Thanks again for all of the help.

laceyjane....I had read a review on cruise critic from a cruiser who highly recommended a tour guide for Marg. Island. I contacted him and promptly received a response. His email is seemargarita@yahoo.com

He told us a tour for 4 would be $60. It would be a 5 hour tour. I did not book with him because the couple we are traveling with decided they did not want to do another tour....wanted a more relaxing day. The tour guides name is Len Clementi. I believe he is an american that retired to Marg. Island.

Kristina,

Is the beach right at the pier a beautiful white sand beach with very clear, calm , beautiful blue waters?

Do you know anything about the massages given at the end of the beach in a tent called Mangrove Pointe Beach and lightspring healing center? Is the beach and the waters at the pier as pretty as some of the other beaches on your island?

Thank you so much for your help.

It is white sand. I don't know if I would call it beautiful, and isn't our best, but it is pretty enough, especially being free. The waters are calm, and it's shallow pretty far out. You can look down into the water and see small fish and crabs hiding in the sand. I personally wouldn't pay to go to another beach that is 45 minutes or more away, but maybe you want to see the island on the way there. Sometimes, there is a smell that comes from the salt flats that isn't pleasant, but that shouldn't be a problem right now with the windy season going on. The breeze should blow that away.

I never took any of the massages, but I get reports back from many people who have come back from one. They are all positive, and the comments are about even between the one on the way to the beach and the one on the beach. I know both girls personally, and they both are professionals who recieved their education and certificates for this. The one girl on the way to the beach is more into essential oils and such. That is all I know. They both stay busy with customers, so it shows that people like them.

laceyjane....I had read a review on cruise critic from a cruiser who highly recommended a tour guide for Marg. Island. I contacted him and promptly received a response. His email is seemargarita@yahoo.com

He told us a tour for 4 would be $60. It would be a 5 hour tour. I did not book with him because the couple we are traveling with decided they did not want to do another tour....wanted a more relaxing day. The tour guides name is Len Clementi. I believe he is an american that retired to Marg. Island.

LaceyJane,

I think Brandy and Keeley already have Len booked for Isla Margarita. But it doesn't hurt to check.

That sounds like a good contact to keep around on here. I don't know the guy, but we need more contacts for you all. There just isn't enough. I'm scrounging around for some more.

Curlyd, I'll be there on that day. Whew. You barely made it. :D

Kristina

Any idea how big the set ups (number of tables) for the massages are? The two of us would like to get a couples massage (nothing to nutty, just both of us at the same time).

Again, Kristina your the best. We all really appreciate the information you have been helping with. It is a bummer that you will not be there on March 29 when the Golden in port.

Jumbo

Thank goodness for Kristina and Klouised.
Yeah, they're a pretty closely-matched pair ;) Kinda like Tolouse and Lautrec, Superman and Klark Kent, Spider-man and Peter Parker, Cliff Arquette and Charley Weaver, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, David Banner and the Incredible Hulk, etc. Funny how you never see them at the same time :D

Since we've just celebrated St. Valentine's Day, a poem in honor of Kristina and Klouised:

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

I'm Schizophrenic,

And So Am I!

John

Klouised and Kristina,

Thank you so much for all your very helpful information on these boards. You are both so kind!! I will be stopping by your booth on March 20, I look forward to meeting you.

Kely 53: thanks so much for Len Clementi's email address.

Dawn (Curlyd): Thanks so much for letting me know about Brandy and Keeley booking with Len-won't be long now for our Empress cruise-24 days until we get to San Juan!!!

Klouised and Kristina,

Thank you so much for all your very helpful information on these boards. You are both so kind!! I will be stopping by your booth on March 20, I look forward to meeting you.

Kely 53: thanks so much for Len Clementi's email address.

Dawn (Curlyd): Thanks so much for letting me know about Brandy and Keeley booking with Len-won't be long now for our Empress cruise-24 days until we get to San Juan!!!

Hey laceyjane ~ Keely and I did book with Len, he just e-mailed us today asking if it was ok for 2 more people to join the tour....are you going??

Hi Keely and Brandy-28,

I'm not sure yet if we are going on the tour with Len. I haven't had time to talk it over with Jim yet but I'll let you know tomorrow. We are trying to decide between spending the day at the pier doing the beach, getting a massage, listening to the live music, few drinks or taking the tour with Len.

I'll let you know as soon as we get some time to talk it over.

Archived