New X-Ray Machines

jdlowndes

If you put beer in a coke carton, can the xray machine tell the difference?

They will often make you open the carton to inspect. We always travel with a 12 pack of Diet. Mtn. Dew for DH in our carryon. Have had to open the carton and have it inspected in Norfolk, Miami, and Port Canaveral. Fort Lauderdale and Baltimore didn't check it.

They were very polite about it and even helped us tape the carton back up afterward, but they were definitely checking inside the carton to make sure it was all soda.

This might be stupid... but human eyeballs scan every one of them as they go thru the machine, right?

The machines have the capability to only show certain items at a time. For instance, if you only want to see the organic materials, it will only show those.

I'm planning on bringing a can of pineapple juice, should i just carry it on??

I'm really getting quite confused & after reading everyones own experiences.....I'm thinking Carnival employees are confused also:confused:

Its sealed (will be bringing the can opener also) just don't want the scanner patrol to take my juice & not give it back until the last evening.

Also wanted to check a 6pk of Pepsi in my luggage.

Need to add, i'm leaving out of San Juan, it's one of the ports that have really started cracking down.

I'm planning on bringing a can of pineapple juice, should i just carry it on??

I'm really getting quite confused & after reading everyones own experiences.....I'm thinking Carnival employees are confused also:confused:

Its sealed (will be bringing the can opener also) just don't want the scanner patrol to take my juice & not give it back until the last evening.

Also wanted to check a 6pk of Pepsi in my luggage.

Need to add, i'm leaving out of San Juan, it's one of the ports that have really started cracking down.

I would pack it and lock the bags. If they want to inspect it they will contact you. As long as it is not alcohol it will be allowed.

The only reason I say to lock the bag is that if they are getting ridiculous in their searches they might check the Pepsi to make sure it is Pepsi.

We are packing some soft drinks in our checked luggage just so we don't have to lug it around and will lock our bags as per Carnival's newly revised policy.

I would pack it and lock the bags. If they want to inspect it they will contact you. As long as it is not alcohol it will be allowed.

The only reason I say to lock the bag is that if they are getting ridiculous in their searches they might check the Pepsi to make sure it is Pepsi.

We are packing some soft drinks in our checked luggage just so we don't have to lug it around and will lock our bags as per Carnival's newly revised policy.

Thanks......checked luggage it is!!

I would be happy to go down & unlock my bag to show them my juice & Pepsi...nothing else will be hidding in my luggage, i will carry on my bottle of wine.

It will have the can opener & cork screw in it also, hope their not getting so picky they think these are dangerous weapons....LOL! but after last week and the port confiscating someones extention cord....I'm not quite sure what is going to happen.

It's going to be quite the adventure to find out:rolleyes:

Now to figure out how to pack the wine bottle in my suitcase for air travel, without it getting broken.

Now to figure out how to pack the wine bottle in my suitcase for air travel, without it getting broken.

In San Juan I would purchase wine at pier duty free is right in embarkation building and put in carryon, or embark-get off explore old SanJuan and purchase wine bottle (one/person) there and get back on -once you have sign n' sail card easy to just go back in-no lines except xray. (Unless you have a particular wine you like from home).

p.s. we have always noticed a bottle opener built into bathroom wall or door frame- perhaps someone else can verify this?

Corkscrew now that is a different thing that will need to bring.

In San Juan I would purchase wine at pier duty free is right in embarkation building and put in carryon, p.s. we have

always noticed a bottle opener built into bathroom wall or door frame- perhaps someone else can verify this?

Corkscrew now that is a different thing that will need to bring.

Yes i know the store you are talking about, there is also a wine only store, i think it's called the wine cellar or something like that, right across the street from the pier.

LOL! i have seen the bottle openers in the cabins on the older ships but i need the kind with the point so i can open the can of pineapple juice.

The reason i am bringing the wine from home is because i live in Cental California, wine capital, I know all the winery owners and will just be going & picking out a few bottles for us to carry on, at no cost.....it pays to know people;) nornally i do buy it at the port store in san Juan but this time the word "free" swayed my decision.....LOL!

I pack wine wrapped in bubble wrap in my suitcase for flights all the time and have never had a problem. I put it in the center and surround it with clothes.

yep, always bring booze back from the Caribbean that way. So far, so good..I hope I don't have to eat my words someday. the secret, make sure that bag is tightly packed so nother can shift..

Nita

Yes i know the store you are talking about, there is also a wine only store, i think it's called the wine cellar or something like that, right across the street from the pier.

LOL! i have seen the bottle openers in the cabins on the older ships but i need the kind with the point so i can open the can of pineapple juice.

The reason i am bringing the wine from home is because i live in Cental California, wine capital, I know all the winery owners and will just be going & picking out a few bottles for us to carry on, at no cost.....it pays to know people;) nornally i do buy it at the port store in san Juan but this time the word "free" swayed my decision.....LOL!

What about a P38 on your key chain??:rolleyes:

It's all just a numbers game just like anything else. I will just be "diversifying my risk" in 4-5 different bags.

Also I should mention something I learned on my last Carnival cruise a year ago that I certainly wasn't aware of. Starting from the time the gift shop opens on the second last day of the cruise (day 6) you can buy unlimited liquor to take with you back to your cabin. So you really just need enough to last you 5 days from the start of the cruise if you need some for your cabin.

I pack wine wrapped in bubble wrap in my suitcase for flights all the time and have never had a problem. I put it in the center and surround it with clothes.

I think i'll rty that.

Had a really cool bottle of booze in my suitcase that i bought while in China, it had a blown glass dragon inside it, needless to say, i had booze soaked clothing by the time it arrived at SFO, i though i packed it good!

I Will be trying even harder to pack it good this time.......bubble wrap, here we come:D

Grammacassi,

WOW a P38. Something that has been on my key ring for years. Notice no response to your P38 question. A great invention from Uncle Sam.:D I've got it made on the second cruise cause when they confiscate my beer on boarding the first half of the cruise, they will deliver it to our cabin on the last night and i will be set for the second cruise with my Mic. HaHa

Archived