For those just back from the Jade

ddoc

Can you tell m what time they stop serving lunch? After they stop lunch, if you were late coming back from a tour, is there somewhere you can get a snack other than room service which I expect would be availible?

Can you tell m what time they stop serving lunch? After they stop lunch, if you were late coming back from a tour, is there somewhere you can get a snack other than room service which I expect would be availible?

you can eat whenever you want ... the buffet restaurant is open all day

you can eat whenever you want ... the buffet restaurant is open all day

NOT TRUE

The Blue Lagoon is open 24/7

The buffet closes at 3pm for lunch The Great Outdoors is SUPPOSED to be open 3-530, BUT because of all the cleaning & sanitizing, buffet/great outdoor dining times where never followed, nor were they consistent to what was posted on the dailies.

no Andi, it does close late afternoon, they have to get it all ready again for dinner

sorry jann, do apologise, i though there was somewhere open all the time, this was my understanding from my TA and was one of the reasons we chose NCL because both my partner and i have different meal needs.

i am new to this so thanx for correcting me as i will have to plan/change/adjust my eating needs accordingly ... a life on meds and strict dieting can lead to an interesting holiday ... :o

I'm just back from the Jade's Jan. 24 cruise. While I found the food in the MDRs to be surprisingly good, I was terribly disappointed with the food in the Blue Lagoon. It was the only food on the ship that I thought was truly subpar.

Also, while the servers just about everywhere else ranged from pleasant (MDRs) to truly attentive (Cagney's and other specialty restaurants), the servers in the Blue Lagoon were perfunctory at best and acted as though they were doing you a favor to bring you food. (They were a real minority. I found most of the NCL staff/crew to be as pleasant and helfpul as they could be.)

I would treat the Blue Lagoon as an emergency back up. Just my own personal reaction, of course.

no Andi, it does close late afternoon, they have to get it all ready again for dinner

sorry for my mistakes jann, this was the information i was given by my TA

Breakfast:

Garden Cafe 5:30 - 10:30

Grand Pacific 7:30 - 9:30

Great Outdoor 7:30 - 11:30

Lunch:

Garden Cafe 11:30 - 5:30

Grand Pacific 12:00 - 1:30

Sushi Bar ($15) 12:00 - 1:30

Great Outdoor 12:30 - 5:30

BBQ Poolside 12:00 - 2:00

Dinner:

Garden Cafe 5:30 - 9:30

Grand Pacific 5:30 - 10:00 (no jeans after 5pm)

Alizar 6:00 - 10:30

Paniolo Tapas & Salsa ($10) 5:30 - 10:30

Cagney's ($20) 5:30 - 10:30

Le Bistro ($15) 5:30 - 10:30

Papa's Italian ($10) 5:30 - 10:30

Jasmine Garden ($15) 5:30 - 10:30

Sushi Bar ($15) 5:30 - 10:30

Shabu-Shabu ($15) 5:30 - 10:30

Teppanyaki ($25) MUST make reservations for this. They have seatings hourly from 5:30 t0 9:30.

24/7

Blue Lagoon (sit down service, not self service)

Late Night:

Garden Cafe 10:30 - 12:00

I'm just back from the Jade's Jan. 24 cruise. While I found the food in the MDRs to be surprisingly good, I was terribly disappointed with the food in the Blue Lagoon. It was the only food on the ship that I thought was truly subpar.

Also, while the servers just about everywhere else ranged from pleasant (MDRs) to truly attentive (Cagney's and other specialty restaurants), the servers in the Blue Lagoon were perfunctory at best and acted as though they were doing you a favor to bring you food. (They were a real minority. I found most of the NCL staff/crew to be as pleasant and helfpul as they could be.)

I would treat the Blue Lagoon as an emergency back up. Just my own personal reaction, of course.

Thanks for the heads up - we like the wings and we'll just ask the butler to bring them so we don't have to deal with surly..... ah, the suite life is worth every dime. ;~)

Archived