Pizza

2bfirsttime

This may sound like a silly question, but what is the pizza like on the ships?

Like the stuff in the hot box at the gas station?

More like Pizza Hut?

Anything close to REAL NY style pizza?

Like a take and bake?

Just wondering what to expect so I wont be dissapointed.

Some people love it, some people don't, some think it's ok. It's sort of a medium thickness crust and I like deep dish or really thin. I love pizza and I'll usually get a slice or two during a cruise, but I don't go out of my way to have some. It's not anything special I don't think.

hand tossed crust, more artisian than any chain crust

not really a presence of Pizza Sauce so to speak. very lightly used and some of the pizzas do not have sauce.

The Cheese is better in my opinion than any chain

Toppings are slightly more high end than a chain pizza

I recommend the El Chevre(goat Cheese) pizza with mushrooms. there is one that is loaded with SALT, anchovies and such, which is OK with a beer, but too much for some.

I wouldn't cll it a NY style Pizza, it's almost more of a california style/artisian pizza

It's a similar quality to what you'd get at a Pizza Hut, Domino's, or Papa John's. I've never been disappointed, yet I've never came home ranting and raving about the pizza.

If your a night owl, avoid pizza during the day, it's just about the only thing open and a popular hangout after midnight.

It is pretty good, it is definintley not frozen box pizza.

It is not loaded with a lot of toppings or sauce. The do keep it

in a hot box, but it usually goes pretty fast. I never had

any that had been sitting for more than just a couple of minutes.

This may sound like a silly question, but what is the pizza like on the ships?

Like the stuff in the hot box at the gas station?

More like Pizza Hut?

Anything close to REAL NY style pizza?

Like a take and bake?

Just wondering what to expect so I wont be dissapointed.

wal-mart out of the box microwave and cooled on the victory. worst pizza i've ever tasted. i'd say eaten but i couldnt eat it. thats the only time i've ever been disappointed in any carnival food.

I suspect that many people expect Pizza Hut when it's more real... more truly traditional pizza.

Don't expect regional, i.e. Chicago, New York, etc but expect more of what you would find in Italy...

They serve a rustica... a white pizza... a du chevre... a Neapolitan and several others...

Like I said... Pizza Hut it ain't...

:)

I suspect that many people expect Pizza Hut when it's more real... more truly traditional pizza.

Don't expect regional, i.e. Chicago, New York, etc but expect more of what you would find in Italy...

They serve a rustica... a white pizza... a du chevre... a Neapolitan and several others...

Like I said... Pizza Hut it ain't...

:)

pizza hut is crap, too. but it can be choked down.

Thanks for all the replies, I think I will skip the pizza, but is sounds like something DH will enjoy as he likes pizza chain types and the wal mart box stuff. I myself prefer NY and Chicago stlye. But the salad sounds great, can you tell me what all comes on the ceaser? And can you make it more like a greek salad upon request?

It is great they have red peppers and parmesean cheese not the store bought kind but the fresh kind you can put on it. The pizza was wonderful I just had some last night and it was wonderfull.

There are so many options for food anymore it seems like you cant get enough choices.

It has a unique flavor very tasty. Like a nice resturant style pizza.

Thanks for all the replies, I think I will skip the pizza, but is sounds like something DH will enjoy as he likes pizza chain types and the wal mart box stuff. I myself prefer NY and Chicago stlye. But the salad sounds great, can you tell me what all comes on the ceaser? And can you make it more like a greek salad upon request?

try a slice, if you don't like it, you don't have to eat it. I mean the price is right, so you can't lose.

If you know good NY pizza not close.

When they first had pizza it was reasonably good and than for the past few years went to the level of the old Doino's.

Lasat Oct on Triumph found it rather good.

Going on Freedom next week and hope it will remain good.

However not going to get to the level of good NY pizza though.

Archived