Disembarking on the Solstice

travelling mom

I am new to Celebrity and unsure what the procedure is for disembarking. We have cruised with Norwegian and have always carried off our luggage in order to catch an early flight. This time we have a flight departing at 2:30 pm and don't want to carry our luggage off, otherwise we will be spending a lot of time waiting at the airport. Where do you wait until your group is called?

You will receive a form that ask you about your travel arrangements. You will receive baggage tags and disembarkation information based on your response. You can go to Guest Relations if you wish alternative tags and times.

I am new to Celebrity and unsure what the procedure is for disembarking. We have cruised with Norwegian and have always carried off our luggage in order to catch an early flight. This time we have a flight departing at 2:30 pm and don't want to carry our luggage off, otherwise we will be spending a lot of time waiting at the airport. Where do you wait until your group is called?

You can remain in your cabin until the time your group is assigned to leave. You then go to a public room where they will call your group. There are no public announcements. It worked great on the Equinox.

Getting off the Solstice in Dec they gave all guest the same color tags. The number on the tag was how they disembarked. The numbers were based on your schduled flight or if you are driving (no air)

From their on its like any other cruise line luggage is piled in wharehouse by numbers. The luggage per number seemed to be much smaller making it easier to find yours.

This last Dec, we disembarked one of the earlier goes and were told to be in the Theater at 8:00am. As we approached we could hear them announce our Color/number. We walked down the hall, off the ship and found our luggage all together in the color/number area and off we went. Very smooth and uneventful. They do not announce the departure color/numbers all over the ship, you just need to go to your gathering location at the requested time and all goes OK.

The only people I've heard complain are the one's who try to beat the system and they ge into their own self-made clog. And of course, if there is a wait due to Customs, you may need to sit a little while, but no need to stand at the gangway, in the hall or stairs leading to it, just follow the directions and all goes fine.

Celebrity does have self roll-off, but unless you are trying to get off the absolute earliest, having them handle your luggage is so much easier - ours has been sitting their waiting for us nice and neat.

Have a great cruise!

Denny

We left the Solstice on January 24th. Since we had no airline connections we were given "Green 42" tags (all were green). We were assigned to the Main Dining Room and had a scheduled departure of 9:35 AM. We were off the ship by 9:10 and the luggage was very easy to find. The number of bags under each number were small so it was easy to find and they were all together (a first). This was in Terminal 18 which is a huge facility. Immigration and customs were very efficient and quick. One poster implied that you could stay in your cabin, but they asked everyone to be out by 8:30. Unlike other cruise lines, Celebrity does not use the speaker system. You must go to your designated station to know when to leave.

What to do if you have a late flight? You could take an excursion and

your bags will go with you and then you will be dropped off at the

airport.

Otherwise.....you could rent a car and find some lunch on Las Olas

Blvd or something like that. Or just go to the airport and "hurry up and wait".

As for where to wait for disembarkation? As others have noted,

you will receive colored luggage tags along with a letter telling you

where to wait in the morning.

My wife and I left the Soltice this last sunday Feb.7th. We carried our bags off with us for self debarkation. We met in the dining area at 7 am. left the gangaway at 7:15, and were at the FLL airport by 7:35. I could not belive how simple and fast it was. Waht a great way to get off to catch a early flight.

Archived