Is this too "cheesy"?

Luxuriate

If a lady decided to wear cameltoe stretch pants and a see-through bra-top for dinner, then people will think it's inappropriate, and in this case, yes, it does matter what people think.

Just people someone says "who cares what people think!" doesn't mean it applies to EVERY cirumstance imaginable. I know my comment was related to her having fun, wearing obvious formal attire, and honestly, I do feel it warrants a "who cares" moment.

Oh. My. God.:eek:

My husband and I have been together for going on 17 years. We have been married for 10 years this summer. Celebrity is our favorite cruise line and we went on a Celebrity European cruise for our honeymoon and have been on about eight other Celebrity cruises.

Question? Would it "cheesy" for me to wear my wedding dress and my hubby to wear his wedding tuxedo on a cruise this summer to celebrate several milestones in our life? We would probably wear them on the first formal night. It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary and both of us are celebrating "VERY significant birthdays", sorry, I don't want to give our ages (gulp) but trust me...they are SIGNIFICANT.

We will be on an Alaskan cruise on a ship we have been on before (I don't think it is our original honeymoon ship but it is in the same class).

I love the idea of wearing my wedding dress to formal night. My hubby has worn the same tuxedo for 10 years (he wore it at our wedding too). I can fit into the dress (that is what I am most proud of!)

Would people gag with disgust? I think it would be fun. I still fit into it. It still is relatively in fashion, off the shoulder. It isn't like I will ever wear it again....

What do you think?

I'm thinking my husband would think it was over the top. It kind of means a lot to me though. I wore that dress only once. I think it signifies our life together, our beautiful son that has come from our marriage, and our continuing love for each other.

What do you think?

If it means that much to you, then go ahead. You answered some of your own question by saying that your dress still fit, it is still in fashion and you love it. I think it is great. You will probably regret it if you do not.

Oh boy- wouldn't that be the daughter or DILs worst nightmare- a MIL in her own wedding dress! :eek: www.etiquettehell.com

Not if the dress was given to them by the mother or mother in law to wear on their day. I assumed that my observation was understood, if not I obviously did not intend to suggest that this person would wear that dress but would give same to either the daughter or daughter in law to wear for her wedding.

Not if the dress was given to them by the mother or mother in law to wear on their day. I assumed that my observation was understood, if not I obviously did not intend to suggest that this person would wear that dress but would give same to either the daughter or daughter in law to wear for her wedding.

I wish my daughters HAD wanted to wear my dress, oh well I can hope for a granddaughter (so far just grandsons) or one of my future granddaughters-in-law. Of course, then the daughters might want to offer their own dresses

The dress is fairly simple. Off the shoulder and fitted through the waist. No big skirt. Only a slight train that gets bundled up in the back. We had a small outdoor wedding in my mom's back yard so you can imagine the dress isn't that elaborate. If it were in a different color (not white) no one would think anything of it. If I could figure out how to post a picture of us from our August 2000 wedding, I would. I would probably get an updo (hair) for the event but I would skip the veil. Hubby wore his black tuxedo for the wedding but he wore it with a regular white shirt and long black tie, not a bow tie.

Anyway, thank you to you all. We very likely will do it. I only wish our five year-old son was coming along on this cruise. He'll be a grandma's with all of his cousins for the week....the reason we are taking the cruise!

P.S. I liked the poster that mentioned the bigger diamond! If only hubby could clue in!

Sounds perfectly appropriate, with or without renewal-- I wish I could be there to congratulate you in person!:D

Archived