Is this too "cheesy"?

Luxuriate

On formal nights what about the mother of the bride/goom gowns??? Bridesmaid dresses??? We have seen some wild outfits...but if YOUR happy we're happy for YOU~~~go for it!

I have seen many gowns that have to be MOB dresses, I can't believe someone would pick out such an over the top dress/outfit othewise. I have had two daughters & a nephew get married in the last several years. On our recent cruise, if I could have worn one of the MOB dresses, I would have- unfortunatly they no longer fit me. I did, however wear the fancy pant suit (chiffon & sparkles) that I wore for my nephew's wedding.

Just one fellow's never-to-be-so-humble-opinion.........

Wear your dress and wedding clothes, both of you.

1st off it's your cruise. If you aren't Trump's daughter odds are you guys worked for the money you spend on your cruise. You aren't violating rules or dress codes......so enjoy.

Ignore others but I realize sometimes that's hard to do.

Yeah, you will get a few stares and people will have the "what morons they are" look on their faces.

But more often than not, I bet people will get a kick out of it.

A lasting marriage is to be celebrated, especially these days.

Congratulations to both of you.

Let's see now, we are talking about if something related to a wedding is 'cheesy'? Some think the OP wearing her wedding dress for formal night on an anniversary cruise is 'cheesy'??

This is related to a ceremony where:

- people walk down an aisle to some of the most hokey music trying to look happy with their choice? >== American Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product

- a crowd of people in church have to act that Aunt Martha's rendition of 'You are My Love' isn't off-key and way too long?? >== Munster

- Someone sticks their hands up some woman's dress and takes a garter off and throws it to a bunch of drunk guys??? >== Gorgonzola

- a couple takes pieces of cake and 'feed' each other, usually ending with one of them pushing the cake into the other's face??? >== Chevre

- A woman turns her back on a group of woman and throws a bunch of flowers the women fight over or run away from???? >== Brie

- some drunk stands up and tries to embarrass their must-married friends by telling 'secrets' about them????? >== Roquefort

- a woman exausted from planning her 'ultimate' ceremony then has to stand in the middle of the dance floor and dance cheek-cheek with every drunk in the room. >== Limburger

- a poor woman has to sit there and open the third toaster and make excited noises. >== Asiago

- some idiot ties stuff to the back of a couple's car, and puts stupid words all over it to embarrass the couple. >==Machengo

But yes, I think wearing your beautiful wedding dress again is sooooo 'cheesy'. Right. >== Cheez Whiz

Denny

That is to say that most of the things that people do at weddings today are pretty cheesy to start with. Why insist on doing more?

G

Why don't you renew your vows that day and then wear your dress and tux?
What a great idea, that covers all of the bases.You get to wear the dress!!!! In case it becomes anyone's business you have a reason. Win, win situation.

Right now you are ahead in the comments, stop reading them before someone gets nasty, quit while you are ahead. LOL

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

That is to say that most of the things that people do at weddings today are pretty cheesy to start with. Why insist on doing more?

G

Love your cheese definitions! But my personal opinion is wearing her Wedding Dress isn't Cheez Whiz Cheezy, but just fun. But of course, my wife rolls her eyes at a lot of things I think are 'fun'. So a lot of guys telling the OP what is appropriate is like asking a bunch of wino's (sorry Wine-O) what wine goes with a particular entree - our opinion would be, "Muscatell goes with everything!"

Denny

Love your cheese definitions! But my personal opinion is wearing her Wedding Dress isn't Cheez Whiz Cheezy, but just fun. But of course, my wife rolls her eyes at a lot of things I think are 'fun'. So a lot of guys telling the OP what is appropriate is like asking a bunch of wino's (sorry Wine-O) what wine goes with a particular entree - our opinion would be, "Muscatell goes with everything!"

Denny

Muscatell >== yum

G

I was married on X and we wore our wedding wear that evening.. as did another couple... Not sure how this is different?? Especialy if you are renewing your vows.

I would not wear it more than that day though.....

And do people seriously bring dolls on HAL?? Adults??? OMG.:eek:

I'm thinking my husband would think it was over the top. What do you think?

We're not the ones you need to convince to go along with your idea. If your husband agrees, then why not?

And I love the idea (I forget whose) of dragging the tin cans from your waists! I think every couple celebrating an anniversary should do that:D

Whatever you decide, have a great time in Alaska.

This thread cracks me up!:D

Does a blow up doll/guy mean i need another sea card or two?? Extra gratuities?????

And those who think this is "Cheesy" (lol, your definition OP!) give me a break. You're the type who expect everyone else to make your fun on a cruise as opposed to yourself!!;)

Flame, flame away.....................:rolleyes:

BTW, I am a Boy Scout Troop Leader, would it be "woodsy" for me to wear my Merit Badge Outfit on a shore excursion, LOL!!!:)

Denny, my blow-up doll was welcomed by the staff.

EMO, our head waiter was very understanding and non judgemental.

But she started getting mouthy so I decided to have a reconcilliation with DW.

This may just be the funniest thing I have read on CC.. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I have been together for going on 17 years. We have been married for 10 years this summer. Celebrity is our favorite cruise line and we went on a Celebrity European cruise for our honeymoon and have been on about eight other Celebrity cruises.

Question? Would it "cheesy" for me to wear my wedding dress and my hubby to wear his wedding tuxedo on a cruise this summer to celebrate several milestones in our life? We would probably wear them on the first formal night. It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary and both of us are celebrating "VERY significant birthdays", sorry, I don't want to give our ages (gulp) but trust me...they are SIGNIFICANT.

We will be on an Alaskan cruise on a ship we have been on before (I don't think it is our original honeymoon ship but it is in the same class).

I love the idea of wearing my wedding dress to formal night. My hubby has worn the same tuxedo for 10 years (he wore it at our wedding too). I can fit into the dress (that is what I am most proud of!)

Would people gag with disgust? I think it would be fun. I still fit into it. It still is relatively in fashion, off the shoulder. It isn't like I will ever wear it again....

What do you think?

I'm thinking my husband would think it was over the top. It kind of means a lot to me though. I wore that dress only once. I think it signifies our life together, our beautiful son that has come from our marriage, and our continuing love for each other.

What do you think?

No one will gag with disgust.. If you want to do this.. do it.. life it short.. and all you should care about is you, and your husband.. Have a great time!

I am rolling laughing! This thread now ties for the funniest I've read to date. Dolls at the dinner table??!Who would have thought. OK...maybe on a dare. but for real??

Oh, quite serious. The dolls are posed and a photo is taken - I guess for an album. I was on a tour in Turkey where a woman brought her toy cat and posed him in all of the sites for photos. Including the Sulamanye (sp?) mosque! Too bizarre to contemplate. A wedding dress on a cruise pales by comparison.

G

Oh, quite serious. The dolls are posed and a photo is taken - I guess for an album. I was on a tour in Turkey where a woman brought her toy cat and posed him in all of the sites for photos. Including the Sulamanye (sp?) mosque! Too bizarre to contemplate. A wedding dress on a cruise pales by comparison.

G

Woman? As in ADULT??

Simply frightening.

Woman? As in ADULT??

Simply frightening.

Absolutely adult - and in a fairly responsible position in the health care field.

The group on the tour was split on the last evening when one of our fellow travelers made a less than understanding remark about Mr. Whatever. Tears, leaving of table in the restaurant before desert. Uproar! Truly - the people one meets!

G

I think it would be cheesy, odd, strange and weird to wear your wedding dress on formal night when you aren't getting married. I'd raise my eyebrows and roll my eyes. I'd tell my friends about the crazy chick who wore her wedding dress and it was not her wedding day.

THAT SAID, do you honestly care what I think? No, you don't. So wear the dress and have fun. I'm sure people have judged me from time to time and frankly, I don't care - so why should you? LOL, have fun!

I think it will be fun and entertaining. At my age I want "fun"! I think we'll do it! I am a relatively thrifty person. If I can get some additional use out of that dress, I will! Watch out 15th, 20th, 50th anniversary. I'm wearing that dress again!

Why are there so many cruisers that do not care what others think? I quickly tire of those that have little or no respect for others on the ship. I think that is why we have many behavior issues on cruise critic as there are some that do not care about others. Now back to the question and what do others think of the post. The idea is cute in a way if the wedding vows were once again repeated in a formal way. What about the table that you may have dinner at that evening, would this impact the others at the table, yes maybe no? What are you trying to achieve by wearing your wedding gown once again? Are you trying to draw attention to yourselves on your anniversary? Other posters have said you might get free drinks, hope that is not the reason. What about those that are just married "honeymooners" and those that may be married that day at sea for the first time. They are celebrating the marriage you would be celebrating an anniversary...unless repeating vows once again. I congratulate you for being able to fit your gown many years after your wedding. As it is called a wedding gown I would reserve it for weddings. Your husband wearing a tux and black bowtie and you in a cocktail dress or gown would be most appropriate over the wedding gown.

What bothers me about the question of wearing the wedding dress........at a wedding, the bride is the center of attention.........and her dress reinforces that fact on her behalf..........and that is not needed again...........at a non wedding event.........formal dinner on a cruise ship..........

Archived