Is this too "cheesy"?

Luxuriate

My husband and I have been together for going on 17 years. We have been married for 10 years this summer. Celebrity is our favorite cruise line and we went on a Celebrity European cruise for our honeymoon and have been on about eight other Celebrity cruises.

Question? Would it "cheesy" for me to wear my wedding dress and my hubby to wear his wedding tuxedo on a cruise this summer to celebrate several milestones in our life? We would probably wear them on the first formal night. It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary and both of us are celebrating "VERY significant birthdays", sorry, I don't want to give our ages (gulp) but trust me...they are SIGNIFICANT.

We will be on an Alaskan cruise on a ship we have been on before (I don't think it is our original honeymoon ship but it is in the same class).

I love the idea of wearing my wedding dress to formal night. My hubby has worn the same tuxedo for 10 years (he wore it at our wedding too). I can fit into the dress (that is what I am most proud of!)

Would people gag with disgust? I think it would be fun. I still fit into it. It still is relatively in fashion, off the shoulder. It isn't like I will ever wear it again....

What do you think?

I'm thinking my husband would think it was over the top. It kind of means a lot to me though. I wore that dress only once. I think it signifies our life together, our beautiful son that has come from our marriage, and our continuing love for each other.

What do you think?

Guest Host Cheryl
My husband and I have been together for going on 17 years. We have been married for 10 years this summer. Celebrity is our favorite cruise line and we went on a Celebrity European cruise for our honeymoon and have been on about eight other Celebrity cruises.

Question? Would it "cheesy" for me to wear my wedding dress and my hubby to wear his wedding tuxedo on a cruise this summer to celebrate several milestones in our life? We would probably wear them on the first formal night. It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary and both of us are celebrating "VERY significant birthdays", sorry, I don't want to give our ages (gulp) but trust me...they are SIGNIFICANT.

We will be on an Alaskan cruise on a ship we have been on before (I don't think it is our original honeymoon ship but it is in the same class).

I love the idea of wearing my wedding dress to formal night. My hubby has worn the same tuxedo for 10 years (he wore it at our wedding too). I can fit into the dress (that is what I am most proud of!)

Would people gag with disgust? I think it would be fun. I still fit into it. It still is relatively in fashion, off the shoulder. It isn't like I will ever wear it again....

What do you think?

I'm thinking my husband would think it was over the top. It kind of means a lot to me though. I wore that dress only once. I think it signifies our life together, our beautiful son that has come from our marriage, and our continuing love for each other.

What do you think?

I think your shipmates will think you just got married. Aside from that, if you feel comfortable go for it. The memories you are creating are something that only you and your husband will take home at the end of the day. Be sure when you complete your online check-in you let Celebrity know you are celebrating an anniversary. They have special events for those on honeymoons and celebrating anniversaries. Congratulations on celebrating the milestones.

Such a Special idea for U aNd Hubby!! Cheesy, NoT!!!

Life is too short anyway..to worry about what others might think(someone Alwayz has a comment)! I also think, like the previous comment, that it will look as if U just got married!! Too aWeSoMe!!! Good luck!! ><(((*>

Also, it kills me that I paid so much for the dress 10 years ago. I'm willing to be somewhat comical just to get some use out of it!

Tie some long ribbons around your waist, and tie some empty cans to the ends so they drag on the floor...and put a sign on your back that says "Still Married" :D

Do I think it's "Cheesy." Absolutely. Personally, I think it's ridiculous. Worse than "cheesy" in my view.

Having said that, I never give a hoot about what others think. I do what pleases me so long as it does not impinge on others' rights or enjoyment. So do what makes you happy and forget about what others will think. You have to live your own life.

I think it's really sweet! I don't get why people think it's cheesy but frankly who cares what we all think!? If you want to do it, do it!!! People will stare but it will be because you're wearing a wedding dress and that's probably not too common. No one will be wondering how many times you've worn the dress! And I agree with another one of the responses that you should renew your vows. Have a wonderful, magical vacation!!!

Archived