cabin across from elevator

geogran

First time cruiser. Would you recommend a cabin across from the elevator as a good location to be? Or is corridor noise noticeable in the cabin? We've already paid our deposit, so if we want to change cabins, is that an easy thing to do, based on availability?

First time cruiser. Would you recommend a cabin across from the elevator as a good location to be? Or is corridor noise noticeable in the cabin? We've already paid our deposit, so if we want to change cabins, is that an easy thing to do, based on availability?

I often end up in cabins close to the elevator, as they are often handicap-accessible cabins. There is very little to no noise to contend with. On my last cruise I think I heard people talking maybe once, in the middle of the day, while they were waiting for the elevator, and there was NO noise from the elevator itself. You'll be fine. And it's very convenient to get to other parts of the ship! Just walk out and head on your way.

Have a great cruise.

We always try to get a room near the elevator for the convenience, never ever had a problem with noise.

If you are close to the center elevators, that might cause a problem, as they tend to be the busiest... but the more forward or aft you are, the less noise. Sometimes it may appear that you are close to the elevators, but there may be a hallway between the two. In that case, you should be fine.

We've been close to the elevators a couple times, you really don't hear any noise from them. But, if you have a cabin that is close to the entrance to the elevator lobby, keep your door closed! We had one of these location once and I was amazed at how many people tried to peer in if our door was open.

People are nosy.

I've been near elevators and it has not bothered me. But it really depends on how sensitive you are to the noises an elevator makes. If other cabins are available, changing cabins is no problem.

We booked a cabin that was about 2 cabins away from the elevator on the Explorer of the Seas (RCCL) and didn't hear a peep! It was great!

My fiancé and I booked a room just a couple rooms away from the elevators. I figured if it's anything like the hotel we stayed in at Vegas (The NYNY) We'll want to be closer to the elevator since we'll be a little tired from all the walking. I made the mistake of booking our room in Vegas at the very end of the hallway and the walk to the elevator was a little ridiculous, especially after walking so much all day :o

We were near the elevators on our last cruise and I agree that we didn't get much noise from the elevator area itself necessarily, but the noise of people chatting away while they walked past the door was very loud. It seems like the walls from the room to the hallway are very thin. I never heard anything from the rooms on either side, but the hallway noise often woke me up at night. I brought a white noise machine and ended up plugging it in the second night. It made a huge difference. If you're sensitive to noise, I would bring one along. Other than that, enjoy being by the elevators. It is very convenient.

Archived