Beach Towel Size?

sunrse1014

Hi Everyone

I have only been on Carnival Cruises before and have seen how big the beach towels they give you. I am now going on a RCL cruise and wondering if the towels are just as big? I loved the ones Carnival gave out, they were so big and comfy.

Has anybody been on both cruises so they could give me an answer?

Thanks so much!

Our RCI pool towels have always been quite large....not extremely "plush", but more than sufficient to lie on and dry off with....big, yellow things!

Old ones (yellow) were fine. New ones not so much. :(

Now, at least on the Freedom, last fall, the only folks that can get by with one towel would be those in the 'little people' category. If you are lucky you may be able to smuggle one of the yellow ones out of the gym, but they posted a guard on our latest trip to discourage that.

Here's the latest on pool towels. There is a station where towels are checked out, you give them your cabin number (show them your SeaPass card) and they track how many towels you have. The best plan -- is at the end of the day, take your wet towels and exchange them for clean, dry ones and take those back to your cabin. That way, the next time you go to the pool, you are all set and don't have to worry about getting new towels. Folks have reported being charged for towels that either weren't returned -- or were returned but not accurately checked in. We have not had this problem.

OH the plush yellow towels that they USED to leave in your room were fabulous. The new ones are blue and white and quite thin.

I'm trying to picture it because I always laid one on my chaise lounge. If you put it at the top of the chair and drape it slightly over the cushion, and then lay it down on the chair, I"d say it goes a bit further than my rear...maybe to my thighs or even my knees. (I'm 5' 4".) They certainly do the job when drying off, and you can get more than one towel at a time.

The way they make you check them out is ridiculous. You usually have a few people in front of you. You give them your card and ask for, say, three, and get three.

A few hours later you go back and just toss them in the bin. You say, "I threw three in there," give them your key again, and they say OK.

But they rarely get it right. They showed me with a zero towel balance when I definitely had two sitting in my cabin. I eventually returned them but they just "disappeared" from the system.

It amazed me how little they cared when I would try to hand them back and they'd just say, "Toss them in the bin." They had NO idea how many I had.

Archived