Carnival Dream TVs

zerooveride

Have a question about the Dream TVs. I know they are flat panel LCDs so I am curious to wonder what type of inputs are on the TV.

Component (R, G, B, + Audio)

HDMI

Composite (Y + Audio)

I am curious if I can hook up a DVD player or even my computer to the TV.

They are a variation on the ViewSonic LCD TVs that I've seen on many other ships.

They have all three input types but you'll have to use the controls on the TV to change input as you don't have that option on the remote.

Here's a (rather out of focus...) pic of the inputs:

Dream082.jpg

The component inputs are the most accessible. The HDMI input is rather near the mount making it tougher to get to.

They're really not that bad to access. The problem I had was getting my big ol' Canon camera back there to get the shot!!

:)

Makes me wonder what other tight spots you have been sticking your camera in:D

You'd be amazed... or maybe you wouldn't!

The only reason I haven't bought a DSLR is because I LOVE my flip and fold LCD screen. It let's me position the camera in spots where my neck won't twist to fit!

canon_powershot_sx20_is_11.jpg

You'd be amazed... or maybe you wouldn't!

The only reason I haven't bought a DSLR is because I LOVE my flip and fold LCD screen. It let's me position the camera in spots where my neck won't twist to fit!

canon_powershot_sx20_is_11.jpg

LOL:D .... Maybe I wouldn't! We have the same camera, love that tilt and twist display. Geeez, you even have pictures of the camera you take the pictures with:eek::)

Thanks Mach! Sometimes we like to relax in the mornings on sea days and this will allow me to hook up my MacBook Pro to the TV to throw a movie or TV show on.

Yep... works fine. On several occasions I've screened my pictures on the TVs. It's great fun to sit there and see the detail on the larger screen.

It also helps me edit out some of the not-so-sterling images before I bore y'all to death with 'em!!!

:D

I see an S-Video jack in there... Most current Lappy's will have an S-Video out... so... you could technically use it as a dvd player.

Probably has a VGA port as well.

Going to search through my nasty drawer full of wires that "I won't throw away, because some day I'll need it" ... I have to have something that will fit the bill.

I see an S-Video jack in there... Most current Lappy's will have an S-Video out... so... you could technically use it as a dvd player.

Probably has a VGA port as well.

Going to search through my nasty drawer full of wires that "I won't throw away, because some day I'll need it" ... I have to have something that will fit the bill.

I've got a few of those boxes, myself... in fact, I've got most of those cables in my laptop bag!!!

:D

I just got a little Dell Mini V (Ubuntu) ... it has a VGA out ... so I'm going to make sure I have a cable for that... Although the software that they shipped it with won't read the DVD's that I have ... yet...

I'm sure that will be a couple hours of my life I will never get back (on the phone with Dell support).

• 4 years later...

Just came back from a week on the Dream. There was a HDMI port on the tv but sadly it was disabled.

I had tech support come to my room for something else, the menu was not working for me to book excursion and stuff like that. The person played around the menus and I saw clearly "HDMI: Disable". I asked if they could activate it and said no. I was not able to return to said menu (I'm guessing you need a specific combination of buttons to enter it) but I think it's probably possible to find how to online. The TV are Viewsonic.

I don't get why they'd disable it, what's the point?

Just came back from a week on the Dream. There was a HDMI port on the tv but sadly it was disabled.

I had tech support come to my room for something else, the menu was not working for me to book excursion and stuff like that. The person played around the menus and I saw clearly "HDMI: Disable". I asked if they could activate it and said no. I was not able to return to said menu (I'm guessing you need a specific combination of buttons to enter it) but I think it's probably possible to find how to online. The TV are Viewsonic.

I don't get why they'd disable it, what's the point?

My guess is they are worried about input devices. I have experienced the same thing you did. Resurrecting a 4 year old thread is impressive. I saw I had posted on it and then thought someone was posting as me, till I saw the dates.