Clothes Irons - Don't even consider bringing on-board !!

I'm laughing so hard at some of the comments here regarding ironing board and iron!!! :D

Seriously though, I thought RCI provide a common area with iron & ironing board for the guests. Can anyone confirm or deny this? THanks.

No, they don't. I think HAL does, not sure about any others. Personally, ironing is probably the last thing I would think about doing on vacation - nope, take that back, it would be vacuuming, but for me they are in the same category.

I could be wrong, but I will bet you were only allowed ONE drink per ID. That is pretty standard practice at most parks. I know they did this all of the times were were at the parks at Disney. Magic Kingdom does not sell any alcohol, but the others require one ID per drink.

yes, that's what I meant, we were only allowed to buy one drink for each ID, I still find that rather strange

Its not exactly a "property" its a vacation business which should be all about the customer and what makes them comfortable and happy. Most of it is, except some silly rules to enable the business to make more money with no logic at all.

The bigger picture is, if they allowed people to buy what they need, eg alcohol for their rooms, buy laundry facility, then business would probably make more money.

I am sorry I am not a sheep, I have a mind of my own and just dont see any sense in some of the rules. However, I am quiet, dont upset my neighbours on the ship, hold doors open and generally am a very considerate person, so dont make out we are selfish people.

But you are when you endanger others.

I'm laughing so hard at some of the comments here regarding ironing board and iron!!! :D

Seriously though, I thought RCI provide a common area with iron & ironing board for the guests. Can anyone confirm or deny this? THanks.

None of RCI's ships offer such an area. Never have, probably never will.:)

Sorry, I don't agree, like I have said many times, I use a travel iron low power with a shut off and much lower power and not so hot as a hair dryer, straighteners etc.

I don't think the point is the power. Most people curl or straighten their hair in front of a mirror and put the devise down on a hard surface, vanity or counter. With an iron, lets face it if we are in a room with no ironing board we iron on the bed. If a passenger forgets to unplug the devise it could easily start a fire and a fire on a bed in cruise ship cabin ( or anywhere for that matter) could be deadly. I think that is one reason they banned smoking in the cabins.

I would like to see self serve laundries on a ship. Not that laundry is my favorite vacation activity but with airline restrictions it would be nice to take an hour or so and refresh everything.

I don't think the point is the power. Most people curl or straighten their hair in front of a mirror and put the devise down on a hard surface, vanity or counter. With an iron, lets face it if we are in a room with no ironing board we iron on the bed. If a passenger forgets to unplug the devise it could easily start a fire and a fire on a bed in cruise ship cabin ( or anywhere for that matter) could be deadly. I think that is one reason they banned smoking in the cabins.

I would like to see self serve laundries on a ship. Not that laundry is my favorite vacation activity but with airline restrictions it would be nice to take an hour or so and refresh everything.

I understand what you mean but we ironed on top of a towel on the coffee table, there was no way to leave it on because we had to move the whole thing to get past, also like I said the iron has a safety shut off, most travel ones do now.

Yes, they need laundry facilities but then they would lose the revenue.

Archived