Clothes Irons - Don't even consider bringing on-board !!

Hello, All - Heed the Advice on what you CANNOT bring on board. Upon disembarking the Radiance on 02-12-2010, there was a table stacked HIGH with clothes irons that had been confiscated prior to the cruise (guessing from both carry-on and non carry-on baggage) RCL appears to really be watching closely.....Leave those puppies at home. Besides, it should certainly lighten your load ;)

We were (again) on Radiance in January. I had never seen the "table" before!! A dozen irons and a huge coffee maker were on that table. I took a steamer but didn't use it .. not gonna pack it again.

Hello, All - Heed the Advice on what you CANNOT bring on board. Upon disembarking the Radiance on 02-12-2010, there was a table stacked HIGH with clothes irons that had been confiscated prior to the cruise (guessing from both carry-on and non carry-on baggage) RCL appears to really be watching closely.....Leave those puppies at home. Besides, it should certainly lighten your load ;)

Going on a cruise without a iron is simply sloppy,wrinkled clothes are the sign of poor upbringing and who would wear a wrinkled tuxedo or gown to formal night.I f you can smuggle liquor on board i am sure you can get a iron through.

You're hilarious.

That's a joke, right?

According to OP, apparently you CAN'T get an iron through.

Going on a cruise without a iron is simply sloppy,wrinkled clothes are the sign of poor upbringing and who would wear a wrinkled tuxedo or gown to formal night.I f you can smuggle liquor on board i am sure you can get a iron through.

It is a danger to all and should be left home. You can iron your clothes on the ship or send them out to be done.

I never noticed the table until the 8 inch clip on fan in my carry on was confiscated and held. Let's see, that was in spring 2008. When we went to fetch it after disembarking I was shocked to see how many irons...full sized irons, travel irons, steamers were on the table. There were also several boxes of booze bottles and childrens toys that looked like weapons. Ours was the only lonely fan :(

Now I always glance over next to the exit door and sure enough, a table full of irons/booze/plastic swords is always there.

Several people on CC have told me that my fan was not confiscated, that they always take a fan and have never been questioned about them. I suppose they thought I was dreaming the whole thing.

We are the " Naughty " guys that bring an iron on board every cruise.....28 so far and the Radiance back in December for 10 nights. Our Iron looks like a hair dryer...works fantastic and yes...we are very careful with it just like we are at home. We usually will iron several things at once and then will cool and sometimes will wipe it with a wet cloth to ensure it is completely cool. Sorry......but we always look good with no wrinkles.......But hey......it is our little secret! :)

The Naughty Guy!

I saw the same table when we disembarked from the Radiance on 2/1. It was 09:00 and I couldn't figure out how they got that many irons and a couple of coffee makers. There couldn't have been much baggage checked in at that time. I would doubt they were pulling them from baggage that was "leaving" the ship.

I was wondering if they use the same stuff on each cruise to get the word out. ;)

In any case don't bother packing your iron.

Take care,

Mike

I can't believe RCI wastes time money and manpower to hold on to these things so they can return them. I think a lot fewer people would try and smuggle anything (booze, irons, coffee makers) if they thought they were actually going to lose them.

Seriously, if you can't follow the rules, you should lose the item.

We saw a table packed with irons after we got off Mariner last year. My husband I and I were laughing at the "bullet" blender that was also sitting on the table. Someone didn't get their frozen drinks made!

Archived