New carnival fun points redemption calculator!

larrymeador

I think the calculator is flawed. Seems there are some dollar amounts that show an incorrect redemption value. Should probably say it is only an estimate. Seems the only way to get a realistic value it to look at your transaction and see how many points are required to cover the cost.

From the Barclay Calculator:

$900=90,000 points

$1000=100,000 points

$1100=110,000 points

$1200=120,000 points

$1300=86,667 points

$1400=93,333 points

$1500=100,000 points

$2000=133,000 points

$2500=166,667 points

So I guess you can call me confused as well. Is it 100,000 points for $1000 or 100,000 for $1500--my guess is 100,000 points for $1000 but I'm clueless. :confused:

The value is 1 point per dollar until the fare is $1251 or more then it is 1.5 points per dollar that you can get credit for on a cruise fare.

Go back to the calculator and enter $1250 then enter $1251 and you will see it is the breakpoint.

Are you saying that the calculator said it is $1650 and barclay says $980? I am confused?

Yes that is correct, its what I showed barclays and carnival and both agreed 1650 at first then when I asked to double check with supervisor the 980 was what they would give. Its a disaster, supervisors won't let me go any further up. I am stupefied and dumbfounded that these companies can operate this way.

John.

I have a couple of questions

If you pay a cruise on the Carnival Website with your Mastercard. Do you get one point for each dollar spent? or 2 points for each $1

Also when you charge can you log in online and pay as soon as the charge hits or do you have to wait till the statement comes out? And if you can pay right away do you get the miles?

Thanks

Below are Spiritfox's Barclay calculator findings on the left, and equivalent results using the same calculator from The Carnival site.

From the Barclay Calculator: from Carnival's calculator

$900=90,000 points $900=81,818 points

$1000=100,000 points $1000=90,909 points

$1100=110,000 points $1100=100,000 points

$1200=120,000 points $1200=109,091 points

$1300=86,667 points $1300=77,844 points

$1400=93,333 points $1400=83,832 points

$1500=100,000 points $1500=89,820 points

$2000=133,000 points $2000=119,760 points

$2500=166,667 points $2500=149,701 points

Calculations on the right came from http://www.mycarnivalmastercard.com/

Carnival point values are higher than Barclay, but since they are in partnership with this promotion, shouldn't they be identical in value?

It's no wonder nobody at Carnival can offer definitive answers.

I was just on the web site, & they claim "New and Exciting Changes" are comming on March 1, 2012. Perhaps one of the calculators has been updated, while the other has not.

Now the big question...Do I redeem points for OBC before or after the new changes? Any bets if the new changes will be better or worse for the customer? I better hurry and get my redemption request in.

I was just on the web site, & they claim "New and Exciting Changes" are comming on March 1, 2012. Perhaps one of the calculators has been updated, while the other has not.

Now the big question...Do I redeem points for OBC before or after the new changes? Any bets if the new changes will be better or worse for the customer? I better hurry and get my redemption request in.

You can view the changes online if you click on the red bar at the bottom of the "Faster Fun Easier Fun More Fun" announcement on the left side after you log into your account. It says "click here to learn more."

https://gif.juniper.com/images/new/tips/Carnival_Program_Overview12511_comm_FNL.pdf

Try this web site and you will get a whole different set of numbers.

This is the one I used that is in question. http://carnivalfunpointsmastercard.com/

I still don't see a calculator that gives $980 for 98,800 points like barclays says.

I called my pvp and he is trying to find out since nobody else seems to want to help.

Try this web site and you will get a whole different set of numbers.

This is the one I used that is in question. http://carnivalfunpointsmastercard.com/

I still don't see a calculator that gives $980 for 98,800 points like barclays says.

I called my pvp and he is trying to find out since nobody else seems to want to help.

Seems to me the calculator at http://www.BarclaycardUS.com is the one to use as it is directly accessed from your credit card account. Have you tried to apply a credit to your acct from that site? I wouldn't consider any other calculator "correct" because it isn't tied to your account. Knowing how Carnival's dis-organization is, they probably have no idea they have other point calculators accessible online and forget to remove or update them. Or they don't care... The IT department there must be a nightmare... :(

You can view the changes online if you click on the red bar at the bottom of the "Faster Fun Easier Fun More Fun" announcement on the left side after you log into your account. It says "click here to learn more."

https://gif.juniper.com/images/new/tips/Carnival_Program_Overview12511_comm_FNL.pdf

The new redemption values are worse than before... :mad: At $1251 the 1.5% kicked in, now it's $1501 when it kicks in but if the total charge for a cruise is over $1500 you can pay down part of it at 1.5% so it's not that bad I guess... of course I usually don't have a charge for a cruise that is over $1500 after the deposit is paid...

From the PDF linked in quoted post:

• Starting on March 1, 2012, all eligible Carnival transactions of $1,500 or more may be redeemed at the highest cash back redemption value of 1.5%, whether you are paying yourself back in full or redeeming “FunPoints” to cover a portion of your eligible Carnival transaction.

• Example 1: Pay yourself back in full for a $1,725 cruise with 115,000 “FunPoints”.

• Example 2: Pay for a portion of your eligible Carnival transaction over $1,500 at the same 1.5% value. This means if you decide to redeem 20,000 “FunPoints,” you’ll get a $300 statement credit.

• Eligible Carnival transactions of less than $1,500 may be redeemed at a 1% cash back value.

• Example 3: Pay yourself back in full for an eligible $800 Carnival transaction with 80,000 “FunPoints.”

• Example 4: Pay for a portion of an eligible Carnival transaction of less than $1,500 at a 1% cash back value. This means if you redeem 25,000 “FunPoints,” you’ll get a $250 statement credit.

I wonder if the cruise deposit transaction is separate from the final, would that be two transactions on the 1% scale if they were both less than $1500 for the same cruse. The wording sounds like it.

I'm afraid to ask the folks at Carnival :confused:or Barclays:confused: for fear of wasting another 2 or 3 hours.

I wonder if the cruise deposit transaction is separate from the final, would that be two transactions on the 1% scale if they were both less than $1500 for the same cruse. The wording sounds like it.

I'm afraid to ask the folks at Carnival :confused:or Barclays:confused: for fear of wasting another 2 or 3 hours.

I have 65,000 point is all that I get is 650.00 off a cruise??

I have 65,000 point is all that I get is 650.00 off a cruise??

According to the $1501 rule I would say yes 1% of 65,000. But you can spend a couple hours on the phone and verify it. It's kind of a bummer to use the charge card and build up the points for 5 years and not have enough for a cruise for 2. You would need to charge about $150,000 dollars to pay for a decent cruise and do it within the 5 years.

It's been over a week and no call back from my PVP.

I think either he doesn't care or too embarrassed because he also got nowhere.

I GIVE UP, throw in the towel. They Win.... I'm done. Will cancel cruise.

I'm gunning for a $200 OBC for my cruise, which is an acceptable rate of return in my opinion. 20,000 points for $200 or 2% rate of return on your investment.

It's a 2% return if all of your purchases were through Carnival and you earned 2 points per $1. Otherwise you earn 1 point per $1 and it is simply 1%.

Archived