?'s about Majesty

melis74

I am cruising on the MOS 6/6 to Nassau, Coco Cay & Key West. I believe that there is only one formal night, can anyone confirm that for me. I also thought I read that they don't serve lobster on the shorter cruises, is that correct?

If anyone has any tips on the ship or itinerary I welcome them! We are traveling as part of group of approx 25 ppl.

Thanks in advance!!

Melissa

RCI Majesty 06/05

CCL Fascination 09/04

RCI Mariner 05/04

NCL Sun 09/02

Unless things have changed since we were on her you are correct. One formal night and no lobster. It is hard for me to give tips when I don't know what your interests are. I will say that we found the snorkeling to be better in Coco Cay then in Nassau. I hope this helps!

Been on her twice. I like the Trolley/Train tour in Key West. I would take the Train not the Trolley you can get better pictures. They might be changing the lobster on the four night cruises. They are serving it on the Sovereign which does the similar trip as the Majesty.

I too would like to find out as I am going on the same trip on August 22nd 2005. Went to Key West this past November. The Conch Train tour was very nice. 1 hour long then went shopping at all the little stores & boutiques. It was very nice. Looking forward to going back.

Dyanna

RCL Majesty 8/2005

CCL Fascination 11/2004

CCL Fascination 1992

I was on the Majesty in Sept. 04, supposed to be the same itinerary but due to the hurricanes, we ended up going to Cozumel. I had plans to go to Atlantis in Nassau, I heard it's awesome. Been to Nassau and Key West before, though. I would stay away from the Straw Market in Nassau. I found it hot, dirty, and the sellers were very pushy. Also way too crowded. Key West is a fun place. I like just strolling down Duvall St. (Lots of shops and bars)

There was no lobster and only 1 formal night. You are correct.

Melissa,

My son and I will be taking the same itinerary on the Majesty on March 7th. If you have special concerns let me know and I'll try to find out the information while I'm there.

Others,

Do you remember what they did serve on Formal night if not lobster? Though we normally like formal night, we are considering skipping the dining room and doing the Windjammer in a somewhat more casual mode since this is a shorter cruise. Just want to know what we'd be missing.

We had steak on formal night, it was very good! Tender...mmm. I don't recall what else was on the menu. I will say that the Majesty formal night was much less 'formal' than on the 7 day cruises. Very few tuxes. Some full length dresses, but mostly cocktail dresses and dark suits.

1c1a.jpg?pho6G8BBMkgO1NPy

We are going on the Majesty in 10 days, also for the four night. There is only one formal night and it should be Tuesday night. We are going with friends of ours. We have 4 couples going.

We are not sure about formal night. I know some of the guys will have suits and some will have sports jackets. We girls are taking dresses, but I don't know if we'll be dressed up enough for "formal" night. I prefer comfort over pantyhose and heels any day.

We are planning on doing the Yellowbird at Nassau, snorkling at Cococay and the Pub Crawl at Key West. I will post info when I get back.

Tammie

Good luck, eddie -- we'll keep a good thought for you.

I have an outfit that I used for the 2nd formal night on my longer cruise. It's dressy long pants with a top that has lots of "sparkles" in it and ballet-type flats. It's comfy yet dressy. My son prefers to steak to lobster anyway, so we'll see if we can at least find a jacket somewhere.

Tammie -- really interested in your info on Yellowbird. Let me know of the general condition of Cococay, too. I'm interested in knowing if it still shows any hurricane damage.

Thanks for the info, all!

Thank you all so much for the information you have given and those of you who are willing to report back after your trips it is very much appreciated!!

We are thinking of going diving in Nassau, but unsure of Key West & Coco Cay. We have several first time cruisers in our group and I was getting discouraged by some of the negative posts I have read. I want them to love cruising as much as I do. ....though I must admit, I think I have read some negative comments about all of the cruises I have been on and I personally didn't have any problems and loved them all! It is what you make it!

Oh and what is the Pub Crawl???

Thanks again!...Melissa

I have been on the majesty a few timesand it the cruise I tell people to take when they want to go their first cruise(taking 3 new cruisers on Jan31 Trip) ..Short,lots of stops,ship small and in good condition....

Coco Cay - I just consider this a day at sea/beach day. This is the day I will plan all of my spa treatments and just relax(I am on Vacation after all)....

Key West - As an old one time citizen of the Conch Republic I can tell you there can be alot of drinking, not much in the way of beach life, snorkeling not great, diving ok, good shopping. There is alot of history in KW and if you like that sort of stuff rent a bike(there are some very intersting sites that are not on the tours) or take the train/trolley. You may want to check out the Key West boards here to get ideas also.

We were on the 4 night in July (doing the 3 night again next weekend). I got tired of Duval Street pretty quickly. We walked a couple blocks from the main drag and spent a couple hours walking through residential neighborhoods admiring the architecture and gardens. On Coco Cay, I recommend the jet-ski tour. We have walked around Nassau shopping, but I enjoyed the Queens Stairs and Fort Fincastle more. You will be pestered in Nassau at the Straw Market, Queens Stairs and along the waterfront. A polite no thank you usually works although I did end up paying a quarter to hear some ragamuffins sing.

Although I enjoy the Windjammer, the formal night in the dining room is fun. I don't remember specific menus, but Mahi Mahi, Prime rib, Cheese stuffed eggplant, Beef tenderloin, Lamb, Duck a'lorange were served over the course of 3 nights. I think there was a choice of 4-6 entrees each night, always a seafood, poultry and vegetarian option.

Thank you all so much for the information you have given and those of you who are willing to report back after your trips it is very much appreciated!!

Oh and what is the Pub Crawl???

Thanks again!...Melissa

Melissa, the Pub Crawl in Key West is basically a walking tour of several bars! Imagine having a job as a tour guide!<g> It is supposed to be entertaining.

We have 8 people going together and we all think that will be fun - we're pretty big partiers for as old as we are. (Youngest person 31-Oldest person 47) It is $42 pp, but you get one free drink at each bar.

Robin, I'll give you full details of the Yellowbird. We decided we aren't going to book it until we get on the ship - we might change our minds.

I can't believe that we leave one week from Sunday! We're spending Sunday night in Ft Lauderdale then taking a limo to Miami Monday A.M. We just have to make sure we can drive to Chicago on Sunday, then fly out of Midway! Snow, Snow go away!

Tammie

Jan. 31 - Majesty of the Seas

We are going to take a lot of photos. One of my friends will also take her digital movie camera. We are going to make a DVD when we get back, so all four couples can have a copy.

I'm going to try (without working at it too hard) to take a lot of notes. I did that when we went on our last cruise, 16 years ago. I made a special photo album back then and it was helpful getting ready for this one.

Also, I found out that Cococay was Little Stirrup Cay. We stopped there 16 years ago when we were on Emerald Seas, Admiral Cruises. We had no idea when we booked this cruise that they were the same. That makes it extra special, because my sister and her husband got married on the ship during that cruise.

Archived