Fitted sheets?

yfoogjen

I usually bring a king size fitted sheet when we go on vacation b/c most hotels use 2 flat sheets and that drives DH and me crazy. I was wondering if Carnival uses fitted sheets on the beds when they push them together to form a king?

I usually bring a king size fitted sheet when we go on vacation b/c most hotels use 2 flat sheets and that drives DH and me crazy. I was wondering if Carnival uses fitted sheets on the beds when they push them together to form a king?

Nope..only flat sheets. Carnival is known for their luxurious sheets...unless you're bringing 1000 TC sheets, yours won't compare. Save room in your luggage and enjoy the Carnvial Comfort Bed

They are large flat sheets on the bottom that tuck all the way under tightly- they do not come undone.

Hotel flat sheets drive me MAD!! But I never had an issue with Carnivals sheets. My DH is a crazy sleeper that rips apart the bed all night and I had no problem with it coming un-tucked.

I feel ya, I hate the whole flat sheet issue with hotels, even nice hotels can't seem to get the sheets to stay on the beds.

Never had this issue with carnival beds, I never checked to see if they were flat or fitted because they didn't move.

They are large flat sheets on the bottom that tuck all the way under tightly- they do not come undone.

Hotel flat sheets drive me MAD!! But I never had an issue with Carnivals sheets. My DH is a crazy sleeper that rips apart the bed all night and I had no problem with it coming un-tucked.

Ours came undone. But they had a lot of.. Activity?

Thanks...I'll bring a fitted sheet...it will drive DH (and me) crazy otherwise...

Remember that the bed is somewhere between a full and a queen in size, it is not a full king bed.

Also expect that your sheet will get taken and never seen again. The stewards are busy and don't have time to worry about which sheets belong to you and which belong to Carnival. (They may remember and you may not lose your sheet but be forewarned.)

I wish the world would do away with fitted sheets! Have you ever tried folding them?! And they do not stay on mattresses anyway. No, I remember having oversized flat sheets that had plenty of room to stay tucked better than any fitted sheet I have ever encountered. I wish I could find them these days. I'm one that cannot sleep unless my covers are neat and tucked, and those lovely oversized flat sheets would be so nice at home!

Nope..only flat sheets. Carnival is known for their luxurious sheets...unless you're bringing 1000 TC sheets, yours won't compare. Save room in your luggage and enjoy the Carnvial Comfort Bed
I have had at several "Carnival Comfort Bed's" that I thought were horrible. Woke every morning with back aches and hated the thought of going to bed at night.

All the beds were not that bad, but I know that at least three of them must of been instruments of torture. Don't even get me started on their pillows. :eek:

And before anyone asks, yes I was sure there was a pea under those bad mattresses. (Princess and the pea reference) :D

Sure go ahead and bring your own sheets, just don't expect the room steward to wash them everyday for you. :rolleyes:

Does any one remember the Italian sheet and private maid thread last year?:eek:

Yep..as a matter of fact when I saw this thread I had to come check and make sure it wasn't that poster again...LOL..

But I do understand the posters concern about the flat sheets, but for some reason on the ships you don't notice like in hotels...I figure they must teach our room stewards a better way to make the bed up so the sheets stay put.....and I don't want my sheets from home on vacation with me, that will remind me of home, which reminds me of housework and work and etc:D...I can't wait to feel the Carnival bedding again...ahhhhh...

Remember that the bed is somewhere between a full and a queen in size, it is not a full king bed.

Also expect that your sheet will get taken and never seen again. The stewards are busy and don't have time to worry about which sheets belong to you and which belong to Carnival. (They may remember and you may not lose your sheet but be forewarned.)

We have king size bed at home and the Carnival beds pushed together are almost the same size as our bed...definitely bigger than a full or a queen, unless you were in a cabin that only had the one bed that is a queen...:)

I hate to admit this... but I'm a 'closet sheetaholic'! The bigger the thread count, the happier I am! (my MIL's fault!) Seriously though, don't worry about bringing your own sheet (fitted or flat!). Carnival's bedding is luxurious to say the least and I have NEVER had the bottom sheet come off the mattress. (I hate that too!!!) If you really are worried about it and must take something, then go to Walmart and grab you some 'garter belts' for the sheets. They will give you the peace of mind you need and when you're cruising... nothing is better! (Just don't expect your cabin steward to fasten them every time he makes up your bed! Let him know that you will be more than happy to do this for yourself... they are just TOO BUSY to have to take the extra time for our little 'whims'. ;)) Enjoy your sleep!

I do, however, like to bring along a pair of zip-on satin (satinique?) pillowcases. They came from the dollar store and are burgundy. These help keep my hair from going QUITE as crazy, are cheap enough that if they get lost it's not a catastrophe (although they never have), and can also be used to bring home dirty laundry.

No worries, I did see a tread about the Italian sheets and thought it was crazy, but to each their own.

We're driving to port, so I don't have to worry about weight of luggage and our sheet I would bring is a Navy Blue which would definately stand out so as not to get confused w/ their stuff. I'll think a little more on it w/ so many positive comments on them not coming undone. Thanks guys.

No worries, I did see a tread about the Italian sheets and thought it was crazy, but to each their own.

We're driving to port, so I don't have to worry about weight of luggage and our sheet I would bring is a Navy Blue which would definately stand out so as not to get confused w/ their stuff. I'll think a little more on it w/ so many positive comments on them not coming undone. Thanks guys.

If you're driving, what's the harm in bringing it? Maybe you'll need it, maybe you won't. I'm absolutely neurotic about my bedding, so I completely get it. (And for the record I've never had a problem with the bottom sheets on CCL.)

Archived