Thanksgiving dinner on Noordam

bebob

We are thinking of booking the Noordam Southern Caribbean cruise that sails over Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if the dining room serves a full menu on Thanksgiving evening or is it limited? I think I read somewhere on the board that it is a limited menu but I can't find the post.

We've spent at least six Thanksgivings on a HAL cruise, including last year, but have never been on the Noordam..

The menu's have all been full, including offering Turkey with all the trimmings..This past Nov. on the Statendam, I was able to get just Dark meat & DH just White meat, our preferences.. :)

We, & our Friends have been looking into booking the Noordam for Thanksgiving this year too.. Only problem is we will have to book a guarantee, but it might be worth it just getting out of having to cook Thanksgiving Dinner for a crowd...LOL..;)

Sorry, I don't have copies of the menu's..

Cheers..:).Betty

the turkey is processed and they don't cook whole birds. It comes in a cryovac package w/o bones or skin. We order something else like lamb chops or a steak. It just doesn't taste the same. The dining room is decorated. We cruise every year on Thanksgiving but avoid the turkey.

I did a cruise where I was on the ship on Thanksgiving Day and I thought the food was teriffic! Turkey with all the trimmings and I just loved it. We also watched the NFL games in the Big Lounge on a great big screen. I just loved it.

I spent this past Thanksgiving on board the Amsterdam. (It also happened to be my birthday that day!) There was a lovely full menu in the dining room that night. Thanksgiving decorations were also lovely. I ordered the traditional Thanksgiving foods and was very please with them. When my birthday cake arrive I was delighted to find that it was a cheese cake.....I do love cheesecake. A YUMMY evening!!

Archived