blue man group

fkwok

We saw the show in LAS and it was the worst show I have ever seen in my life, and trust me we have seen a lot of shows over our 40 years. If you like to see men vomit twinkies this is show for you to see. In LAS the first 4 rows were giving rain coats to protect them from I hesitate to ask. Also, be sure to bring ear plugs. I kid you not folks. Sorry

It's different and not everyone will like it but he's not kidding about the ear plugs! I am interested to see how it will work on a ship....

We saw the show in LAS and it was the worst show I have ever seen in my life, and trust me we have seen a lot of shows over our 40 years. If you like to see men vomit twinkies this is show for you to see. In LAS the first 4 rows were giving rain coats to protect them from I hesitate to ask. Also, be sure to bring ear plugs. I kid you not folks. Sorry

The ponchos are to protect the front row seats from the paint which gets spattered about. These seats are also quite highly prized. Also, they categorically do not vomit, Twinkies or anything else!!!

It is definitely "different" but I found them to be awesome (my wife however, could "take it or leave it") Have seen them in Vegas, and the German version in Frankfurt.

Would go to 2 shows a night on the Epic if it were at all possible!!:D

Blue Man Fun Facts from Vegas:

During a 14-show week, Blue Man Group uses:

• 2,240 ponchos per week, minimum

• 35 pounds of Captain Crunch per week

• 56 Twinkies per week

• 5 bars of Toblerone candy

• 87 ½ gallons of Jell-O made per week

• 78 gallons of mixed tempera paint

• 490 marshmallows

• 75 cakes of blue makeup

• 42 bald caps

• 80 custom painted drumsticks

• 200 guitar strings

• 60 drum-heads

http://www.buzzine.com/2010/03/blue-man-group/

Wonder how similarity between the Vegas show and the Epic show?

I also wonder how similar the Vegas show and the EPIC show will be. I suspect the EPIC's will be shorter, not as loud, and overall cater to a slightly older audience.

Hate to bring up kids again, but I also don't care because I've made it quite clear that I am not a fan of kids.

Will they let children into this show?

I'd hate to have this experienced ruined by kids who may not be able to "handle" the intense effects, the obscure themes & freaky audience participation. Not looking to get blasted by parents here, just curious as to how NCL will handle this show? Would they possibly have a less-intense show earlier in the day for families? The last thing I want is to be seated near a bunch of 2-year olds crying and flipping out over such a light-and-sound intensive production. Sure, maybe kids 12 and over could handle this, but I'd hate to think of parents bringing their infants in to this show.

Where to Find Adults Only Cruise Ships?

Most cruise ships do not deny passage to young travelers, and that means finding an adults only ship is nearly impossible. Currently no cruise lines in the US offer cruises for adults only; however in the UK the Thomson Cruise Fleet offers one adult ship (The Calypso), which requires passengers be at least sixteen years of age. P and O Cruises also offer two child-free ships, the Artemis, and the Acadia.

So wait, The Blue Man group isn't just for ONE of the cruise weeks . . . they'll actually be on the ship for a couple of years ? No Way! Can anyone confirm that ?
The Blue Man Group is not like going to see the Beatles. There were only 4 Beatles (John, Paul George and Ringo) however for the Blue Man Group there is lots of Blue Man Groups, and they play around the country every night.

In fact the Blue Man Group plays everynight in their own dedicated theaters in Boston, New York, Orlando, Chicago, Las Vegas and plus they have traveling groups.

The Blue Man Group show is a franchise show. If someone wants a Blue Man Group in their area they can purchase a franchise. Then after the franchise is obtained they hire blue men who are sent to a Blue Man Group college to learn the show and how to be Blue Men. Once they graduate they are licensed to perform as a member of the Blue Man Group for that franchisee.

So who knows, perhaps the man who is serving your Dinner on the ship is one that paints himself Blue at nights and is a member of the Blue Man Group.

But rest assured if the Blue Man Group is performing on the Epic, that the other Blue Man shows around the country are going on as well. These are not the beatles, these are folks who paint themself blue and learn the art of being The Blue Man Group.

Oh, and as a side-note, I have had many friends see this show in Vegas, and they had an age limit of 6-years or older to go to the show. Just curious as if NCL would have the same age restrictions. One friend commented last time she saw them, 2 boys aged 7-years cried and cried through the whole thing they were so freaked out. Another friend said she sat in front of a family with 3 kids (roughly 6 years old) and they talked thru the entire thing, kicked her chair the whole time, and didn't pay attention at all. I know the tickets for this show are included, but I also know part of the "fee" was paid by our cruise cost. So I'd hate to think I indeed paid a lil' extra in my cruise fare to get free tickets, then get stuck sitting near kids who are disruptive to the show. Has anyone experienced this before? Are there ushers or cruise staff who are readily available during a show in case a disruptive family needs to be pointed out to them and asked to settle down or leave? Or are we all kinda on our own inside a showroom left to deal with disturbances on our own? Hoping I won't have to deal with this, but as I stated, 2 different friends of mine both had a bad experiences with young kids at the Blue Man Group who were just too immature to appreciate the show, and caused an incredible disturbance for others.

As luck would have it I'm no friend of yours or the attitude you have to kids. I'm staggered that you can have such a blinkered view on this show from a huge sample of 2. How many thousands of people have seen this show. I took my 6 y.o to the show in Orlando,and twice at the O2 Arena in London, he loved every minute of it, sat still and the only sound he made was of joy. Amazingly he wasn't scared by loud bangs or flashes, didn't cry and didn't kick the chair in front (we had front row seats :D in Orlando). Now having read some of the other replies your core sample is increasing towards what a lovely family show it is.

On a side note when we booked this cruise the TA's biggest selling point was how much NCL wanted/loved families. Why on earth is a self confessed kid hater spending their hard earned money on this cruise ship ? Relax, as others have pointed out its not just kids that can spoil things, theres plenty of obnoxious adults around capable of the same.

As luck would have it I'm no friend of yours or the attitude you have to kids. I'm staggered that you can have such a blinkered view on this show from a huge sample of 2. How many thousands of people have seen this show. I took my 6 y.o to the show in Orlando,and twice at the O2 Arena in London, he loved every minute of it, sat still and the only sound he made was of joy. Amazingly he wasn't scared by loud bangs or flashes, didn't cry and didn't kick the chair in front (we had front row seats :D in Orlando). Now having read some of the other replies your core sample is increasing towards what a lovely family show it is.

On a side note when we booked this cruise the TA's biggest selling point was how much NCL wanted/loved families. Why on earth is a self confessed kid hater spending their hard earned money on this cruise ship ? Relax, as others have pointed out its not just kids that can spoil things, theres plenty of obnoxious adults around capable of the same.

I don't like kids. Big deal. Take a deep breath. It will all be ok. I promise. ;) You go your way with your kids, and I'll go my way. Trust me, I am not the only one on here that dislikes kids. Take a poll. For every person that thinks your kid is cute, I bet I can find 3 that think your kid is annoying. Let's go our separate ways and continue on through life. I'll be in the adults-only bars on the cruise, and you can go hang out with Spongebob in the Kid's Center. Adios amigo! Bon Voyage! It's all good bloke! :p

Paid to see it multiple times... Great show. It didn't become a huge franchise because it sucks.

Doesn't mean it is for everyone obviously...

Here, here! I agree with you. I travel with my DH and my two sons, ages 13 and 17. They have been on 9 cruises and I always receive compliments from the dining room staff and the cabin attendant on how well behaved they are. As NCL is geared towards families (look at how many adjoining cabins/family suites there are), I don't think it makes much sense to book this cruise line if having children present is going to ruin your cruise. We all like to relax without children sometimes, but to not expect them at shows is ridiculous and unrealistic.

And I agree that my family and I have been at shows where adults were loud and obnoxious. Last cruise, a drunk passenger kept screaming out curse words until she was removed from the show. So being disruptive is not limited to children. However, I did always remove my children when they were younger if they were crying or otherwise upset.

H

I'd hate to have this experienced ruined by kids who may not be able to "handle" the intense effects, the obscure themes & freaky audience participation. Not looking to get blasted by parents here, just curious as to how NCL will handle this show? Would they possibly have a less-intense show earlier in the day for families? The last thing I want is to be seated near a bunch of 2-year olds crying and flipping out over such a light-and-sound intensive production. Sure, maybe kids 12 and over could handle this, but I'd hate to think of parents bringing their infants in to this show.

I took my kids to see the show shortly after it opened way way off Broadway in NY many, many years ago. It was billed as a show for kids! They adored it and were about 9 & 11. Since then I have taken a set of three kids and their parents who had never been to NY before and the kids loved it but the parents (religious and provincial) were "shocked" and "annoyed." Later, I took the daughter we had recently adopted from foster care. It was her first trip to NY and first experience of that nature and she adored it and the popping Jello ended up in my lap. Not for babies of course but definitely for kids over age 6, or even a bit younger. It is a fairly short show. The youngest just love the colors, noise and mess.

On my most recent cruise the most annoying humans were inebriated, not the kids at all. We had "kids" from 5 to 95 in a very large group and only 1 misbehaved...and she was an adult.

See you on the TA!

Dear Egret 32,

Yes, I better bring my rain poncho for the show, I suppose! I have never seen the show, but I am excited about it. Since the 13 year old also wants me to participate in Nickelodeon's Slime Time, I think the poncho might really get a workout!

Counting the days until we hop across the pond!

My sis will be happy to take your show tickets :)

Hey Snowman. I can send you a video of why you where a poncho.

They have a set of drums that spray paint as the play along. Just go to youtube and check it out.

Too bad you had such a constipated upbringing, otherwise you would love the show. It is way tooo succesful for you to think otherwise.

I am not a fan of many shows that others say are popular but if they are that popular, I have to appreciate it.

Can't wait to see them on the Ship. We have seen them in Vegas and here in Ottawa (2nd row by the way)

• 4 weeks later...

^^^It's open to the public. They announce it on their Facebook page and you just click the link at the schedule time.

The live one I'm listening to now is at the link below:

http://www.talkpoint.com/viewer/presentation.asp

They usually have it posted somewhere where you can listen in on later, but I'm not sure of the links.

We took our boys then aged 10 and 12 to see the blue man group in Orlando last year. It was great, very child friendly, but with adult humour thrown in. We all really enjoyed it, and I really hope we can get to see them again on our cruise.

Archived