blue man group

fkwok

Oh, and as a side-note, I have had many friends see this show in Vegas, and they had an age limit of 6-years or older to go to the show. Just curious as if NCL would have the same age restrictions.

Not true. If you go to the FAQ portion of the Blue Man Group Vegas website, you will see that the show is touted as a family show recommended for ages 3 and up. And even then, it goes on to state that for children under age 3, it is at the disgression of the Box Office or Front of the House Manager as to whether or not they would be admitted.

Now I am not saying that the show may be appropriate for all young kids, I'm justing stating the facts.

And on a side not, living in Las Vegas we have been to multiple shows and have to agree with the PP who stated that adults can be just as disrupted. The last time we saw the Ka Cirque show my DH had to turn around and ask the person behind him to stop kicking his seat. At first he assumed it was a kid, but sure enough it was a grown man!

No it is included in your cruise fare. NCL has in fact been very clear on this.

Are you also on the TA in May 11 or your group? I checked out your website and got new info on the EPIC. Sounds like you have done fantastic research and would love to join the roll call.:)

So I understand that we'll all get tickets to see the show on a random night, and that our tickets will be attached to our "dailies". My question is, how do theaters on cruises work? (1st time cruiser here). Are the seats assigned or 1st come 1st serve? My guess is the latter, which I also assume means people saving seats for others. No biggie, as I am in a group of 4 and will certainly want them to sit near me if I happen to enter the venue 1st. But what about large groups? Is there ever an issue with someone saving rows of seats? Just want the heads up so I know where the lines of etiquette and seat-hog come into play. Sure, I don't mind avoiding a seat if someone says "Oh, I'm saving these 3 seats for my family", but what do you say if someone says "Sorry, I'm saving this entire row for my group". Does that happen? How does one respond?

So I understand that we'll all get tickets to see the show on a random night,........ Just want the heads up so I know where the lines of etiquette and seat-hog come into play........?

First NCL has not said you will get your tickets attached to your Dailies for a random night. They are working on the ticket method including selecting the day and time online before the cruise.

Seat hogs are found everywhere. Seating is first come first serve. Reserving of seats is not suppose to be permited. How would I react. If the theater was aleady pretty full I would just sit in one of the 20 seats being "saved". If you don't want the stress and conflict and there are other seats move on.

do people really have the balls to save TWENTY seats at a time?????

:eek:

When The Bloods or The Crips do a gang cruise, they often subject their new members to initiation trauma by making them responsible for holding down TWENTY, sometimes THIRTY theatre seats for half an hour, right up 'til fifteen seconds from the start of the show, when the rest of the gang comes in and expects to sit. That's just one of the horrors of joining gang life when the gang goes to the high seas; saving deck chairs is another. And if the leader of the gang orders the new recruit to butt in quick and score him a sausage or slice of pizza from the buffet line "NOW!!!!", that's when things can get really ugly, really fast.

Where it gets bloody, of course, is when the thug-wannabe crosses paths with the cane-walking geriatric. This is where the truth of this clinical study result becomes most blatantly obvious: "Four out of five street thugs surveyed agree: Leave the guy with the stick alone!"

InThe

You don't want to cross a cane bearer! I cruise HAL alot as their cruises can be 18 days or longer and the food is fantastic!!!!! Beware those in scooters (I have been run over) and those in walkers. I am a very YOUNG 60 gal, but am totally intimidated by he cane walkers. Nobody wins against them. Last I heard from NCL, Blue Man Group will be assigned seating, probably online prior to boarding. Those specifics are being worked out now. I understand, but may be wrong.....Latitude members and Villa Suite members may have priority seating....Patti

All of the shows will be past 6 pm I believe except on sea days maybe and early show that could be a "family type" show. This is what happened on Oasis for a Comdey show on sea day they had a more family orinted show. They showed Hairspray once on a sea day at 3:30.

On the Oasis your Seapass card was your ticket. If you booked on line before hand you had to take your seapass card to a BoX Office area or the tower clock and get it updated. Then just show up for the show at least 10 mins before and you got in with a swipe of your card. No tickets to remember just your seapass card.

i will be curious to see the show times/dates for this. if they indeed randomly give out tickets for the show so that each person on board has a chance to go, it would stink to have a "time" while the ship is docked at a port. i think if i got one of those show times, i'd skip the blue man group to stay on port for as long as i could instead.

Really? I'm the opposite, I almost never get off the ship anymore. There's nothing on shore that they don't have onboard and it's free on board! And not so hot. The longest I've lasted off the ship is about 4 hours, then I have to go back. I'll stay on shore the other 358 days a year. We call port days "the days the ship is not so crowded!"

Oh, I see you're a first-time cruiser. You'll learn!

Really? I'm the opposite, I almost never get off the ship anymore. There's nothing on shore that they don't have onboard and it's free on board! And not so hot. The longest I've lasted off the ship is about 4 hours, then I have to go back. I'll stay on shore the other 358 days a year. We call port days "the days the ship is not so crowded!"

Oh, I see you're a first-time cruiser. You'll learn!

DrD, Looks like from your signature that you on our cruise. If you are interested there is a small roll call started at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1122729

Are people aware that Blue Man Group is some sort of a franchise? DH told me that, and it's substantiated--we are cruising Epic 12/25/2010-1/1/2011. Here's a paste from an ad I just got for Philadelphia's Merriam Theatre:

Blue Man Group

Dec 22, 2010 – Jan 2, 2011 | Meriam Theater

BLUE MAN GROUP will thrill Philadelphia with its highoctane theatrical experience. Escape the ordinary and surround yourself in an explosion of comedy, music, and technology. If you've never seen BLUE MAN GROUP, it's a must-see. If you're already a fan, don't miss it.

Are people aware that Blue Man Group is some sort of a franchise? DH told me that, and it's substantiated--we are cruising Epic 12/25/2010-1/1/2011. Here's a paste from an ad I just got for Philadelphia's Merriam Theatre:

Blue Man Group

BLUE MAN GROUP will thrill Philadelphia with its highoctane theatrical experience. Escape the ordinary and surround yourself in an explosion of comedy, music, and technology. If you've never seen BLUE MAN GROUP, it's a must-see. If you're already a fan, don't miss it.

I think most people are probably aware of this. The BMG perform at venues around the world simultaneously and, as a result, it is difficult to be in 2 places at once. They are, however, all recruited and trained by the same artistic team in order to keep the standard of product identical wherever you see them. I don't therefore see this is an issue.

I think most people are probably aware of this. The BMG perform at venues around the world simultaneously and' date=' as a result, it is difficult to be in 2 places at once. They are, however, all recruited and trained by the same artistic team in order to keep the standard of product identical wherever you see them. I don't therefore see this is an issue.[/quote']

Just like the other acts onboard: Second City, Howl at the Moon, Legends in Concert, and even Sponge Bob ;)

http://www.blueman.com/index.php

http://www.secondcity.com/

http://www.howlatthemoon.com/

I knew this after DH had told me, but I didn't realize how widely known it was. I guess I thought they were a GROUP the way the Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc, etc, were.

(I feel foolish.....)

slinking away quietly!

I think most people are probably aware of this. The BMG perform at venues around the world simultaneously and' date=' as a result, it is difficult to be in 2 places at once. They are, however, all recruited and trained by the same artistic team in order to keep the standard of product identical wherever you see them. I don't therefore see this is an issue.[/quote']

I hope Santa Clause doesn't work like that! :(

Blue Man Group

Anyone who is aware that Blue Man Group shows are presented simultaneously in several locations throughout the US, should realize that the Blue Man Group consists of several sets of performers all of who put on the same basic show. One set of performers can't be in all those places at the same time. Given the anonymity of the individual members of Blue Man Group which is magnified by the generic makeup and costuming the shows are equally good in all venues and the original members may now be more involved in training their replacements and mounting the shows in various locations. EPIC will be just one more venue where you can see them perform, and on EPIC their show is included in the price of your cruise, not the add on that you would pay in Orlando, Las Vegas or any other land-based theater.:)

They must all be the same. How many different bald people with blue skin could there be?

I have more bad news for you: that production of "Beauty and the Beast" or whatever, playing at your local theatre, is not the Broadway production.

They must all be the same. How many different bald people with blue skin could there be? You obviously haven't seen Avatar yet.

I have more bad news for you: that production of "Beauty and the Beast" or whatever, playing at your local theatre, is not the Broadway production.

Are you saying it isn't? You really know how to disillusion a guy. Remind me not to ask you about the tooth fairy.:D

• 2 weeks later...

We saw the show in LAS and it was the worst show I have ever seen in my life, and trust me we have seen a lot of shows over our 40 years. If you like to see men vomit twinkies this is show for you to see. In LAS the first 4 rows were giving rain coats to protect them from I hesitate to ask. Also, be sure to bring ear plugs. I kid you not folks. Sorry

We saw the show in LAS and it was the worst show I have ever seen in my life, and trust me we have seen a lot of shows over our 40 years. If... Sorry

And this is why I shudder when people come and ask things like:

What is the best show?

Where is the best food?

What is the best cabin?

What is the best excursion?

What is the best cruise?

There are people that have gone to see this group multiple times in Vegas and elsewhere. They love it.

Different strokes for different folks.

Archived