cayman vs ship time

blyle

The Conquest switches time in the winter when the USA is on standard time. In the summer the Conquest doesn't switch time as it is unnecessary. For your cruise in May the time in all three ports is the same as the time in Galveston.

Galveston central time zone, observes daylight saving time

MoBay eastern time zone does not observe daylight saving time

Grand Cayman eastern time zone does not observe daylight saving time

Cozumel central time zone, observes daylight saving time

The only weeks of the year where port time doesn't match ship time are in Cozumel during the handful of sailing between when the USA changes time in March and November and when Mexico changes time in April and October. These changes do not effect your sailing.

I really don't think you need to worry about this too much anyway, as, trust me,,those folks who run the private excursions, know what time it is aboard the ship. They'd better,,,or they might not get you back on board before the ship sails! :eek: I think if you arrange to meet your tour guide at the end of the pier at 9 A.M.,,,he'll be there at 9 A.M., ships time.

"SKY"

We were there in jan and were told to keep ship time not to change our watches and to be back on teh boat by 5:30 ship time. So i would say stay on ship time.

You must have sailed on Voyager of the Seas which doesn't change ship time in winter.

Archived