Eclipse Undocking

Arachnid

And there has been absolutely no information about the contest to ride down the river from either Celebrity or Cruise Critic (other than the winner from the UK). Since it will probalby happen next month, you'd think winners would have been announced by now. Even if nobody from Cruise Critic won (odds are that at least one would), there should have been something on the Celebrity website. If there was, I missed it.

Is this going to be like the announced additional Captain's Club changes from last year? Big announcement - no follow-up. :rolleyes:

And there has been absolutely no information about the contest to ride down the river from either Celebrity or Cruise Critic (other than the winner from the UK). Since it will probalby happen next month, you'd think winners would have been announced by now. Even if nobody from Cruise Critic won (odds are that at least one would), there should have been something on the Celebrity website. If there was, I missed it.

Is this going to be like the announced additional Captain's Club changes from last year? Big announcement - no follow-up. :rolleyes:

They made the announcement and there was a thread on this board about it....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1146812&highlight=eclipse

That's for the UK contest. I searched this forum again and didn't find any US contest results.

I sent an request for a winners list to the email on the contest rules and received the following automated reply:

Thank you for your email. We will respond to your request 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the promotion. A copy of the Win List will be sent to the email address that this request was sent from. We will only respond to requests received within 3 months after the conclusion of the promotion.

Sincerely,

Prize Fulfillment Services

It's really strange they never said.. peep about the winners.

They did push the trip up a day to March 10 for those of us flying in from North America.

We overnight on the 11th at a "Dusseldorf airport hotel". The 12th we hop on the bus to the shipyard - several hours away.. then board the ship. They still don't know if we'll be spending one or two nights on the ship. If one night, we'll be spending two nights in Amsterdam, then flying home. If two nights on the ship (my preference!), then we'll spend one night in Amsterdam before flying home the next day.

They said we'll have more information around two weeks before departure. So it should be any day now. Naturally, with the Lufthansa pilots strike........getting there may prove to be interesting. Just in case I did call the airline and have them note on my record that they can ticket me for the train from Munich to Dusseldorf. I'm taking US Air - thankfully to Munich. Wheew..........one less thing to worry about.

I don't know if there will be internet available or not. It would be nice to blog live, but I'm not counting on it. Too expensive to do it by phone.

Usually the wireless internet is free and open during the pre-cruises, I enjoyed it last year on the Equinox. It was not super-stable, but still great to sit on the balcony and send emails...

I think they do this to give all the workers still doing final things a platform to communicate and also test the system etc.

It's really strange they never said.. peep about the winners.

They did push the trip up a day to March 10 for those of us flying in from North America.

We overnight on the 11th at a "Dusseldorf airport hotel". The 12th we hop on the bus to the shipyard - several hours away.. then board the ship. They still don't know if we'll be spending one or two nights on the ship. If one night, we'll be spending two nights in Amsterdam, then flying home. If two nights on the ship (my preference!), then we'll spend one night in Amsterdam before flying home the next day.

They said we'll have more information around two weeks before departure. So it should be any day now. Naturally, with the Lufthansa pilots strike........getting there may prove to be interesting. Just in case I did call the airline and have them note on my record that they can ticket me for the train from Munich to Dusseldorf. I'm taking US Air - thankfully to Munich. Wheew..........one less thing to worry about.

I don't know if there will be internet available or not. It would be nice to blog live, but I'm not counting on it. Too expensive to do it by phone.

exactly - you read my mind! I also saw the post from cruise critic regarding the UK winner, it had nothing to do with the original contest advertised here and on the celebrity site. :confused: for something so highly touted and publicized, you'd think they would have at least posted even something small on celebrity's or cruise critic's site! makes me wonder if anyone won, at all. :rolleyes:

Archived