Monarch of the Seas help!

Spoiledliz

Hey!

I tried finding the answers to my question in "All Things Monarch of the Seas" but didn't have much luck...

Four of us are cruising on MOS on May 7th; its our first cruise. I like to be prepared for everything so I always do as much research as possible. I understand that the staterooms are small but that doesn't concern me as much as the location. We are on Deck 2, rooms 2584 and 2586.

Could anyway give me more info about this location? Am I apt to feel more movement here?

Also, any recommendations for excursions in Nassau? We are 25-29 in age. We like water activities but are open to other options as well.

ANYTHING you could add would be so grateful! Any tips for us??

If you like water sports, then jump the #10 bus and ask to get off at the Sheraton Hotel. There are all kinds of different activities there. Remember to talk them down from what their initial price is.

Directions to bus

Right out of cruise terminal area (marked by the chain link fence). Follow it down to the dive of a bar Senor Frogs, follow the road as it turns to the left. When the road goes from pedestrian traffic to vehicle traffic, take a left. The first right will be where the buses will be. Ask for the #10. It was under $2pp each way.

I understand that the staterooms are small but that doesn't concern me as much as the location. We are on Deck 2, rooms 2584 and 2586.

Could anyway give me more info about this location? Am I apt to feel more movement here?

Hi, I just got off of Monarch and was in cabin 2590. The seas were extremely calm this weekend, so while the apparent motion of the ship was very negligible in the cabin I can't say that it was because of the location or because of the lack of extreme wave action.

I liked the location of this cabin as it was very convenient to the elevator banks and not too many stairs to get to the Centrum or to the main dining room. Then again, it was a long climb to the Windjammer or to the pool deck. My personal favorite deck is deck 8, but that's just me. :)

One thing to keep in mind, if you're at Coco Cay the tenders will be docking right outside your window! The top deck of the tenders will be about 4 feet below the window... good thing I had the sheer curtains closed yesterday! :D

I don't know anything about Nassau, but I do know Monarch. We spent a week in 2534, quite a bit further forward than you are and had no trouble with motion. We did hear the anchor on tender days, but that was a few seconds and done. You are closer to the middle than the front and the lower deck should put you in pretty much the ideal spot from a motion standpoint.

As you said the rooms are small, but it was fine for us -- we loved the ship and the crew. Had a great time.

Enjoy.

Hey!

I tried finding the answers to my question in "All Things Monarch of the Seas" but didn't have much luck...

Four of us are cruising on MOS on May 7th; its our first cruise. I like to be prepared for everything so I always do as much research as possible. I understand that the staterooms are small but that doesn't concern me as much as the location. We are on Deck 2, rooms 2584 and 2586.

Also, any recommendations for excursions in Nassau? We are 25-29 in age. We like water activities but are open to other options as well.

Can you please post when you get back how the rooms worked out for you? I'm on a girls trip on 6/4 and I'm in room 2585!

I don't know anything about Nassau, but I do know Monarch. We spent a week in 2534, quite a bit further forward than you are and had no trouble with motion. We did hear the anchor on tender days, but that was a few seconds and done. You are closer to the middle than the front and the lower deck should put you in pretty much the ideal spot from a motion standpoint.

As you said the rooms are small, but it was fine for us -- we loved the ship and the crew. Had a great time.

Enjoy.

I'm in #2534 for the 03/20 sailing. Glad to hear there won't be too much anchor noise. I do hope there is some motion. On my last cruise it rocked me to sleep.. I haven't slept that well in years:D

Good Morning

We are going on Nassau and CocoCay on Monarch March 5-8 2010..I know weather still a little chilly, but was hoping someone could tell us if they have wetsuits to rent in Cococay? IF we are able to stop there dont wanna miss snorkeling. THANKS for any and all help on this.

Good Morning

We are going on Nassau and CocoCay on Monarch March 5-8 2010..I know weather still a little chilly, but was hoping someone could tell us if they have wetsuits to rent in Cococay? IF we are able to stop there dont wanna miss snorkeling. THANKS for any and all help on this.

I've never seen wetsuits for rent at the snorkel rental area. I've seen wetsuits for rent at other places, but this was in conjunction with scuba excursions. I cannot remember seeing any kind of scuba excursion at Coco Cay.

Good Morning

We are on this same cruise! Can't wait! We are on deck 10.

opps - i guess we are on the one right after you. have a great time!

We have been on the Monarch several times but never on Deck 2. It is an older ship so you will feel some vibration from the older engines but motion shouldn't be as bad down there.

In Nassau, we go to the Atlantis Water Park. I don't know how much it is to get in now. They used to make you have a room in either their hotel or Comfort Suites (within walking distance) to get a day pass. We booked directly with the hotel. Contact Atlantis to see what the rate is, if interested. We've done this 3 different times. We have a 16 yr. old girl who loves it. The aquarium as well as the entire area is fabulous. If you plan to eat or drink there, it is VERY expensive.

Hey!

hi check out 'timetravellers' posts they have good photos of MOS

I'm in #2534 for the 03/20 sailing. Glad to hear there won't be too much anchor noise. I do hope there is some motion. On my last cruise it rocked me to sleep.. I haven't slept that well in years:D

Enjoy your cruise. [but you might want to check your sail date, Monarch sails on the 19th and 22nd. I assume it's a typo but just in case . . . ]

I don't think we left anything in the room, and it's been a year and a half anyway.

The rooms are small, but for two [or one as the case may be] it is fine. When we turned the lights out and went to sleep at night it didn't seem all that much different from the JS we were in on the previous cruise. Not to disparage our other cabin attendants, they have been consistently good. But Michael, who is tied with a guy we had on Mercury as our best cabin attendant ever, was on that cruise. Our avatar [with Monarch in the background] was also taken on that cruise. We thought it was a great ship with a great crew.

If you like, I'll try to post a picture for you this evening.

And don't worry, "the aquarium" is just a joke -- it's really well above the water line.

Enjoy your cruise. [but you might want to check your sail date, Monarch sails on the 19th and 22nd. I assume it's a typo but just in case . . . ]

Oops! Yeah it's a typo:o I'm on the 03/22 sailing.

Thanks for the feedback on the cabin. I'm not too worried about the size - I sleep better in smaller rooms.

At this point I'd sleep in the engine room if I had to...I have to get somewhere warm:D

Hi,

Just answered this on a similar post- so it's a cut-n'-paste:

We were on the Monarch a year and a half ago in an inside cabin in the forward section of 2. I don't remember feeling any motion. We had to use the ship's camera on the tv to let us know when we were in port!!! That being said, I've heard others tell me you feel more motion the forward section - but I don't notice it.

Hey!

I think your stateroom will be fine. Unless the seas are really rough and then you will feel it no matter where you are.

As far as water activities are concerned - ther will be plenty of opportunities on Coco Cay. Also if you google Nassau you will find other options. The #10 bus is good - also if you'd like to try Atlantis you can google that as well and see which option would be cheapest for you.

No matter what I am sure you will have a great time - Monarch is a great ship and the crew is awesome!! Enjoy!!

Hope this helps.

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions! I feel so much more at ease...albeit I will still be bringing dremamine!

I think we might go with Stuart's Cover or Blackbeard for a snorkeling on Nassau and parasailing on CocoCay....

One more question - our cruise ship leaves Nassau at 11:30. We expect to be having some fun in the "adult arcade" in Atlantis. When is the latest we need to leave to make sure we are not stranded on Nassau? Is it walkable; from Atlantis to the cruise ship? If so, how long of a walk? If not, how much is a taxi? Thank you all again!!

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions! I feel so much more at ease...albeit I will still be bringing dremamine!

I think we might go with Stuart's Cover or Blackbeard for a snorkeling on Nassau and parasailing on CocoCay....

One more question - our cruise ship leaves Nassau at 11:30. We expect to be having some fun in the "adult arcade" in Atlantis. When is the latest we need to leave to make sure we are not stranded on Nassau? Is it walkable; from Atlantis to the cruise ship? If so, how long of a walk? If not, how much is a taxi? Thank you all again!!

Cant walk it............well,you could,but it would take a long time and you'll walk thru some areas you might not want to,at night........You will need to be back onboard 30mins before sailaway.......which would be 11pm..........I would leave Atlantis no later than 10........its better to be safe than sorry........Taxis are $6 pp

I have done Stuarts Cove and loved it..

Oops! Yeah it's a typo:o I'm on the 03/22 sailing.

Thanks for the feedback on the cabin. I'm not too worried about the size - I sleep better in smaller rooms.

At this point I'd sleep in the engine room if I had to...I have to get somewhere warm:D

I figured it was a typo, but hought I rather say something than have you show up a day late [or two days early].

I tried to attach pics of the cabin, but for some reason it keeps failing. I might try again later if you are interested.

Archived