Going on the Crown Princess and can not wait

hertz4319

Hi All.

My partner and I are going on the Crown Princess and can not wait. We are going on the April Th sailing. We usually go on RCL but this trip we wanted to try a different line and the Crown fit the bill for us.

I do have a couple of questions.

When at Princess Cays can we stay on the ship and will there be food venues open.

I read on this board that on sail away day the horizon court buffet is a seafood buffet, is this still happening.

Does anyone have a copy of the menu and wine list?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Stewart

Stewart, If you decide to stay on the ship at Princess Cays, one of the Buffets will be open as well as the International Cafe. I would also venture to guess that one of the main dining rooms will be open too.

The Crown usually has the seafood buffet at Sailaway, however I have been reading that it varies from cruise to cruise - keep your fingers crossed!

We are sailing on the 17th, which date is yours?

There will be one dining room open for lunch every day even on port days. Finding places to eat are very easy on Princess. On just about every Princess cruise I have been on there was a seafood buffet on the first night. It doesn't start until dinner time.

I think a lot of people are expecting it when they go for lunch on day of embarkation but, as I said the actual seafood buffet won't start until dinner.

Had a great time even renewed our vows with about 200 other couples. The weather was not that great but still had a great time. Princess really goes the extra mile to make your stay wonderful. Although we were not to crazy about Roaton, the place had more of a restrictive air to it.

Caribbean Princess 2006

Crown Princess 2010

Hi Stewart,

We had the seafood buffet on sailaway day on Crown in November. Apart from the seafood there was a really good roast beef being carved.

Enjoy the cruise.

Does anyone know if the seafood buffet is likely to be served on Grand Princess in the summer? We sail from Southampton.

Does anyone know if the seafood buffet is likely to be served on Grand Princess in the summer? We sail from Southampton.

It's pretty difficult to provide an answer for a cruise so far in advance as anything could happen. However, on our 14-day Southampton → Rome aboard the Grand last September, we had two seafood buffets in HC...one on embarkation day and the second about ½ way through the cruise.

It was a fantastic cruise...hope yours is as well...

Lew

It's pretty difficult to provide an answer for a cruise so far in advance as anything could happen. However, on our 14-day Southampton → Rome aboard the Grand last September, we had two seafood buffets in HC...one on embarkation day and the second about ½ way through the cruise.

It was a fantastic cruise...hope yours is as well...

Lew

Thanks, I hope so too.:)

hertz4319,

We did the chef`s table on Crown last year. It was wonderful but far too much food. I have seen recent video of it with a different Maitre D and Executive chef but it too looked great.

Thank you all for answering my questions. We will be on the April 24th cruise.

Has anyone done the chef's dinner on the Crown? I have read about it on other ships and wondering if it is as good and worth it on the Crown.

Stewart: We have a small but nice roll call started. Why don't you join us.

Cathy

Archived